Joe Buscaglia's Mock Offseason

DCOrange

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's far from useless. It's still really interesting and thought-provoking, though much less so if you're not paying.

It's already proven an imperfect prediction, but they're all going to be imperfect.

No need to defend he probably felt the same way. At least give him a couple days Beane, lol. 

I'm not saying he was wrong, it's mostly just a time killer but I thought it was funny. 

Let me add that love reading Joe's articles. I joined the Athletic for his player write ups and grades. He's one of the only local guys that does it. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Disagree 1

After the Milano signing,they have about enough to sign their rookies. I think Matt could inspire the 3 I want to return; Williams,Feliciano McKenzie, to consider a creative deal with low cap hit for 2021. Milano supposedly just a 7 million cap hit this season. To add DE or TE will require more restructures or wait until the draft.

https://theathletic.com/2441292/2021/03/12/bills-mock-offseason-2021-post-matt-milano-re-signing-predicting-free-agency-cuts-draft-picks/

Joe has updated his mock offseason to account for the Milano re-signing. Changes made:

• Has us trading a 7th round pick for Cam Brate instead of the Zach Ertz trade
  • Still has us signing P Michael Palardy but he just signed with Miami; I'd say we can insert a different cheap P in here instead
  • No more 4th round comp pick; we'd still have a chance at a 6th rounder instead
  • #78: S/LB Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State (instead of LB Chazz Surratt)
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/11/2021 at 8:37 AM, DCOrange said:

https://theathletic.com/2441292/2021/03/11/bills-mock-offseason-2021-predicting-free-agent-signings-cuts-and-draft-picks/

As always with The Athletic, it's behind a paywall, but I'll list the moves here. This is what Joe B is guessing the Bills will ultimately do this offseason.

Leaving via Free Agency:

• LB Matt Milano - a different article from The Athletic predicts he'll end up in Washington
  • OT Darryl Williams

Poor Joey B, but frankly, the less of this prediction that comes true, the better.

Now bring back McKenzie!

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I was completely fine with Milano leaving considering Klein is still on the roster and he filled in fine for him and the much bigger and more valuable need being pass rush. 

You were "fine" with Klein replacing Milano?  Come on.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:57 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Who is the better punt returner?   Returning kicks is often a losing proposition.

The question is who's better on offense. I think it's a wash as returners. McKenzie is clearly the better wr. Roberts had like 1 ball thrown to him and he dropped it into a interception. Give me McKittrick....

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Wiki has Rondale Moore at 180. Tyreek Hill is 185. Beasley is 174. Antonio Brown is 185. Brandin Cooks is 183. Desean Jackson is 175.

While I see where you're going, there are a significant number of guys that small, and if you want a guy with obscene quicks and speed, sometimes you have to go that way.

He did not play at 180, maybe he can get there, but hes rail thin on film at Purdue, small and skinny

19 minutes ago, swimtoga said:

Joe B is trash.

I'm a fan of his work, but I do think he's slipped a little bit.  Him and Fairburn are good, but sometimes they're very matter of fact about things they really have no clue about.

I've lately been enjoying Greg Thompson lately, he doesn't take himself as seriously and does a great job. 

Joe B is still go to come draft season, he puts in the work, but ever since the switch to the Athletic I just feel like he's not as honed in.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

If he keeps making changes as the off-season unfolds, come end of April he is going to be spot on...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Estro said:

He did not play at 180, maybe he can get there, but hes rail thin on film at Purdue, small and skinny

I'm a fan of his work, but I do think he's slipped a little bit.  Him and Fairburn are good, but sometimes they're very matter of fact about things they really have no clue about.

I've lately been enjoying Greg Thompson lately, he doesn't take himself as seriously and does a great job. 

Joe B is still go to come draft season, he puts in the work, but ever since the switch to the Athletic I just feel like he's not as honed in.

Lol. Small and skinny?  Look at the guys quads.  He's reported to squat 600 lbs. 

14 hours ago, DCOrange said:

https://theathletic.com/2441292/2021/03/12/bills-mock-offseason-2021-post-matt-milano-re-signing-predicting-free-agency-cuts-draft-picks/

Joe has updated his mock offseason to account for the Milano re-signing. Changes made:

• Has us trading a 7th round pick for Cam Brate instead of the Zach Ertz trade
  • Still has us signing P Michael Palardy but he just signed with Miami; I'd say we can insert a different cheap P in here instead
  • No more 4th round comp pick; we'd still have a chance at a 6th rounder instead
  • #78: S/LB Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State (instead of LB Chazz Surratt)

Love the Nasirildeen instead of Surratt switch. He'd fit in beautifully here.