H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok you're a bleeding heart Christian.  I have more faith in humanity that they can figure out a way wait in line to vote without dropping dead from thirst.  So I'll ask again.  Are you calling them lazy or stupid?  It's one or the other to think that they can't figure out a way to stay hydrated for a few hours when water is AVAILABLE to them at the polling place.  

And you don't understand my thoughts regarding the pandemic.  I'm saying we use a combination of science and mother nature. Had we done this and let the herd immunity take over we'd be closer to the end of this.  Dragging it out as we have been by the lock downs is causing a much greater long term toll to the economy and human emotion. We are talking about a virus that has a survival rate of high 90%.  If that's the science why are we prolonging the inevitable?    

The mortality rate of a disease is calculated by how many infected people die, not the general population.  I discussed this earlier in the Covid thread; go read it.

As for water, we’ll see how many polling places actually set up regular water stations for those having to stand in lines for hours.  How much you want to bet it will be scarce?  If this part of their law survives the courts I’ll be there to hand out water.  Simple.  Come join me.

• Agree 1

Falcons owner Arthur Blank speaks out against Georgia voting restrictions

In a statement released Tuesday, Blank described the right to vote as "sacred" while calling "to make voting easier, not harder."

"Every voice and every vote matters and should be heard through our democratic process in Georgia," Blank's statement reads. "The right to vote is simply sacred. We should be working to make voting easier, not harder for every eligible citizen. 

"To that end, AMBSE leadership, along with our nonprofit partners, conveyed that ideal directly to state officials in recent weeks. Our businesses and family foundation will continue to actively support efforts that advance voting access for the citizens of Georgia and across the nation."

Delta reverses course, calling Georgia’s voting law ‘unacceptable.’

“I need to make it crystal clear that the final bill is unacceptable and does not match Delta’s values,” he wrote in an internal memo.

“The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections,” Mr. Bastian said. “This is simply not true. Unfortunately, that excuse is being used in states across the nation that are attempting to pass similar legislation to restrict voting rights.”

After calls to boycott Coca-Cola, CEO says the company has always opposed new Georgia voting law

“We always opposed this legislation”

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, BillStime said:

Whoever they want?  He's taking advantage of your here, @BillStime

https://www.onlineathens.com/story/news/state/2021/03/28/new-georgia-voting-law-what-does-sb-202-change-elections/7038406002/

The secretary of state will no longer chair the State Election Board, becoming instead a non-voting ex-officio member. The new chair would be nonpartisan but appointed by a majority of the state House and Senate. The chair would not be allowed to have been a candidate, participate in a political party organization or campaign or made campaign contributions for two years prior to being appointed.

Do you want to argue that they'll bribe some independent to do their bidding?  Perhaps, but read up on it so you're not tricked by partisan BS.  

Edited by Tenhigh

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Does Delta even offer people water while waiting in the security line?

Here's the difference B-Man.  People that fly have money and are typically not like those poor dummies in the inner city that need handouts to stay properly hydrated.  I have no idea how those poor inner city (predominately POC) survive!  We gotta help these helpless people!! 

On 3/8/2021 at 7:44 AM, Tiberius said:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/03/hr1-republicans-voting-rights-fight.html

Democrats are trying to increase democracy--Republicans will tell you we don't even have a democracy, we are a republic, which I guess means that Jim Crow like laws are fine with them. 

I wondered about what you said about in your comment above about Republicans so i looked around and this is what i found . 

I also heard today on the Georgia voting thing (not that i made it a point to look into it) in the bill passed they actually expanded the amount of time for mail in voting to allow people more time to get their votes in the reason why people are complaining is because they want the people to have ID to prove they are who they are (which seems pretty reasonable)

In the bill signed there they also set it up to only send out mail in voting to those who ask for the forms instead of just sending them out for no reason and those that do ask have proper ID to verify rather than just sending them without confirmation that the person actually asked for one . 

Seeing as you need ID to purchase liquor, to drive, to fly, to get married, to buy a home, to take out a loan, I don't see where this is a huge ask it seems to be more about voter integrity than voter suppression as some have called it .  

https://www.heritage.org/american-founders/report/america-republic-not-democracy

https://act.represent.us/sign/democracy-republic/

https://www.va.gov/opa/publications/celebrate/pledge.pdf  This one is good too incase you forgot how we said it in school the first is the original i guess and the second is the revised version ...

Edited by T master

4 minutes ago, T master said:

I wondered about what you said about in your comment above about Republicans so i looked around and this is what i found . 

I also heard today on the Georgia voting thing (not that i made it a point to look into it) in the bill passed they actually expanded the amount of time for mail in voting to allow people more time to get their votes in the reason why people are complaining is because they want the people to have ID to prove they are who they are (which seems pretty reasonable)

In the bill signed there they also set it up to only send out mail in voting to those who ask for the forms instead of just sending them out for no reason and those that do ask have proper ID to verify rather than just sending them without confirmation that the person actually asked for one . 

Seeing as you need ID to purchase liquor, to drive, to fly, to get married, to buy a home, to take out a loan, I don't see where this is a huge ask it seems to be more about voter integrity than voter suppression as some have called it .  

https://www.heritage.org/american-founders/report/america-republic-not-democracy

https://act.represent.us/sign/democracy-republic/

https://www.va.gov/opa/publications/celebrate/pledge.pdf  This one is good too incase you forgot how we said it in school the first is the original i guess and the second is the revised version ...

Stop. They are targeting minority   voting. That’s the only reason they are doing this. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Stop. They are targeting minority   voting. That’s the only reason they are doing this. 

Well one thing your forgetting is if they pass laws like that one in Georgia you or i will never have to listen to someone say the election was stolen because there will be no way either side can say that .

The way the world is now there are cheaters & Liars & they are on both sides of the isle weather you want to admit it or not .

If given half a chance both would do what ever it took to win so i'm for it because then i will never have to listen to the BS ever again 🙌  If all's it takes is to have those people request a mail in ballad have the ID to prove they are a legal American voter and then given extra time to do so then so be it .

If your that F N lazy that you can't get off your ass long enough to email, or snail mail, a request for a mail in voter's ballad & you are also to lazy to get off your ass to go get some kind of legal ID which you have 4 yrs between each election to do so & only have to do that once or every 10 yrs or so then you don't deserve to vote as far as i'm concerned .

Given that train of thought then i shouldn't have to get a license to drive or show one if i get pulled over for breaking the law or prove i am of age when i buy alcohol, or prove who i am when i go to buy a gun (i know but the gun thing is different) or any thing else that requires a ID .

Voting is one of the most important things we do as a American citizen and what ever it takes i want it to be right with no bitching by either side in the end that way there are no excuses what so ever & i won't have to listen to Trump say there was voter fraud or you B word about him bitching that there was no voter fraud so it's a win win 🙌

And just for S**TS & Giggles what did you get from the 3 links i posted in reference to your Republican saying were not a democracy remark ? Just wondering . 

10 hours ago, T master said:

Well one thing your forgetting is if they pass laws like that one in Georgia you or i will never have to listen to someone say the election was stolen because there will be no way either side can say that . 

Ya right! The last election was totally, 100% fair and they still complained. So much so that they are trying to make it harder to vote for minorities. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya right! The last election was totally, 100% fair and they still complained. So much so that they are trying to make it harder to vote for minorities. 

The really funny part is that your head is so far up your arse you can’t even see how utterly racist your posts are anymore. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

You are dumb. Very dumb 

The man that uses absolutely no common sense in thought or out come and would rather leave things the same so he can continue to B*tch about it rather than find a common sense solution going forward to what COULD be a problem in the future & HAS been a problem in the past if only in circumstantial evidence & can be fixed but refuses to so that it can't come up again calling some one else dumb .

Well there you have it folks the proof is in the pudding as they use to say .  Or - Stupid is as stupid does it - never ceases to amaze me !! 

Stupid - Having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense . 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The GQP is just asking the Dems to pass H.R. 1

You'd almost think a law like this was intended to prevent fraud. Instead, it's to prevent voting. What losers these people are 

• Dislike 1

58 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wiat, a fossil fuel tax subsidy for a big corporation is repealed by republicans and democrats are mad about it? I simply don’t understand you political sheep and your parties. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wiat, a fossil fuel tax subsidy for a big corporation is repealed by republicans and democrats are mad about it? I simply don’t understand you political sheep and your parties. 

Yea, it's nice to see Republicans target Georgia's largest private employer, with 33,000 employees statewide and directly responsible for $43.5 billion in economic impact each year in the state... all because Delta called out their racist bill.

The firm I work for is currently reviewing investments in Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas for their recent sting on voting rights and lgtbq.

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yea, it's nice to see Republicans target Georgia's largest private employer, with 33,000 employees statewide and directly responsible for $43.5 billion in economic impact each year in the state... all because Delta called out their racist bill.

The firm I work for is currently reviewing investments in Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas for their recent sting on voting rights and lgtbq.

lol racism.. fraud.. just keep buying the lies. 

reality- democrats need to legalize vote harvesting because the harvested are critical to their power base, republicans need to suppress vote harvesting because that’s not their base.

That’s all any of these laws are about. 

and who cares why? Aren’t eliminating tax breaks for big evil corporations specifically on fossil fuel consumption front and center to your puppet masters’ agenda? 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

lol racism.. fraud.. just keep buying the lies. 

reality- democrats need to legalize vote harvesting because the harvested are critical to their power base, republicans need to suppress vote harvesting because that’s not their base.

That’s all any of these laws are about. 

and who cares why? Aren’t eliminating tax breaks for big evil corporations specifically on fossil fuel consumption front and center to your puppet masters’ agenda? 

HA - the GQP is a dying party.  When the voters don't choose them - they turn around and choose the voters.

WaPo fact-checker throws MORE Pinocchios at Biden after he repeats Georgia election law lie

There's no way he could not know this by now, right? It's so farfetched, common sense would tell him it can't be true.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

There's no way he could not know this by now, right? It's so farfetched, common sense would tell him it can't be true.

I can't help but laugh at your comment... especially after dealing with the absolute schitttshow of the past four years.

Your April Fools jokes are spot on today bro...

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

HA - the GQP is a dying party.  When the voters don't choose them - they turn around and choose the voters.

If it dies can it take the other one with it? Both parties are fooling you about this, and what they are both trying to do and why is clear as day; WAKE UP

Vote harvesting is a Democratic strategy and requiring ID, prohibiting offering money, food and even beverages obstructs that process very badly.  

Republicans know the apathetic elements and fringes of society, the homeless, the unemployed, the ID less, etc vote for the democrats.

Jim Crow and racism is just a bunch of bs rhetoric just like crying fraud and dead people voted twice is. The truth in what their doing is just too embarrassing and unethical to reveal. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If it dies can it take the other one with it? Both parties are fooling you about this, and what they are both trying to do and why is clear as day; WAKE UP

Vote harvesting is a Democratic strategy and requiring ID, prohibiting offering money, food and even beverages obstructs that process very badly.  

Republicans know the apathetic elements and fringes of society, the homeless, the unemployed, the ID less, etc vote for the democrats.

Jim Crow and racism is just a bunch of bs rhetoric just like crying fraud and dead people voted twice is. The truth in what their doing is just too embarrassing and unethical to reveal. 

Oh, I'm awake. I can see right through all the BS - including yours. 

39 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Racist Bill??  What makes it racist?  

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Nearly 75,000,000 votes with packed rallies during a pandemic?   Trump Train caravans for miles?  You consider that dying?  

A white guy signed a bill he knew was questioned as racist in front of a painting of a slave plantation. 

Doubling down. If it acts like a racist, it probably is one.

Edited by 716er

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

A white guy signed a bill he knew was questioned as racist in front of a painting of a slave plantation. 

Doubling down. If it acts like a racist, it probably is one.

What makes it racist?  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

What makes it racist?  

Did you read what I said or is the chef hat too tight?

Just now, 716er said:

Did you read what I said or is the chef hat too tight?

What makes the BILL racist?  Sorry I wasn't specific enough.  BTW I don't wear a Chef's hat.  

On 3/30/2021 at 4:36 PM, oldmanfan said:

At this point I assume you are being facetious; no one could truly be as naive as you are pretending to be.

Right on - seems to be the same for every conversation with Jim.