The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

We've already gotten facts and knowledge from people with direct involvement. I'm not sure how anyone can deny that. What they do with it is up for debate.

Sorry, I meant all the facts, as well as correct discernment and knowledge.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sorry, I meant all the facts, as well as correct discernment and knowledge.

Right. Just like with every other historical event, you will no doubt get 100% all the facts and knowledge. There will be correct discernment with with 0% doubt. Your expectations here are totally warranted. And until this happens, we might as well scoff at any presentation of facts and knowledge from individuals directly involved.

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Right. Just like with every other historical event, you will no doubt get 100% all the facts and knowledge. There will be correct discernment with with 0% doubt. Your expectations here are totally warranted. And until this happens, we might as well scoff at any presentation of facts and knowledge from individuals directly involved.

I'm not sure what you're expecting to find out.  As Kinzinger said (when confronted about Ray Epps), telling people to break into the Capitol isn't a crime.  We know Trump wasn't even at the Capitol.  He actually says "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  So where's the crime on his part?  Besides being Orange Man Bad?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I made it a point to not follow anyone with a Ukraine flag on twitter.  The self righteousness is nauseating.  I now feel more confident in my decision.

the nauseating self-righteousness is even worse with 2 Ukrainian flags

check out the Twitter clip of her being excoriated by O'Reilly - it's nauseating, comical, and embarrassing all at the same time

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I made it a point to not follow anyone with a Ukraine flag on twitter.  The self righteousness is nauseating.  I now feel more confident in my decision.

How dare anyone support a people under threat of genocide!! 

You are basically admitting willful ignorance. 

But at least you are not promoting a Bill O'Really video. Who would do that??? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm not sure what you're expecting to find out.  As Kinzinger said (when confronted about Ray Epps), telling people to break into the Capitol isn't a crime.  We know Trump wasn't even at the Capitol.  He actually says "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  So where's the crime on his part?  Besides being Orange Man Bad?

We're expecting to be told facts and knowledge from people directly involved. That's what we're getting. Testimony from those people.

What are you expecting? You were hoping to be told what to think? You wanted slanted 3rd-hand information? You wanted gift-wrapped discernment? Orange Man Okay?

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The problem for me isn’t the expectation that I will ever get 100% of the facts about events, it’s that historically speaking, the percentage of times the narrative provided was subsequently proven to be false is quite high.  

Looking at the events over the 4 or 5 years, we’ve morphed from a massive number of people believing that the president was illegitimate or in power as a result of a coup….to a time where a massive amount of people believing the presidential election was stolen and this illegitimate.  

Over the last 4 or 5 years, we’ve gone from a time when a massive number of people screamed that the duly elected president and his government could not be trusted, that our system was not just, chronically infected with systemic racism, and that nothing that came from Washington could be trusted….to a time when suddenly in November 2020, those same people were heard to be peddling “trust without question, all is well, everything was done exquisitely” when a massive number of people didn’t trust the outcome not unlike their fellow citizens just 4 years earlier. 

Over just a couple short years, we went from the start of a pandemic where millions of lives were at risk and people screaming “DO SOMETHING” and a president assembling a task force that delivered vaccines in record time, to a shot time later deaths under the new admin eclipsing those from the  prior in spite of the vaccine and the very same people mumbling meekly  “Well what’s he supposed to do?”. 

I think we would probably agree that history tells us blind faith in the US government is not warranted nor advisable, even when it suits your own innate political bias.  Actually, I think especially when it suits your own political bias. 

From stories of mob ties to the Kennedy admin, to the massive lies of Vietnam, Watergate, FBI under Hoover,  Iran-Contra, the Keating 5, Agent Orange, the FDA and Perdue, War for Oil, WMDs,  Benghazi, One Colluision Two Colluision Three Collusion Oops forget it Obstruction….and so many more, trusting without question is long dead and buried.  

So, I respect your right to go all in and trust the narrative without question.  One could say, I suppose, if you can’t trust a select subcommittee of representatives from congress and high-ranking DOJ officials refusing to confirm/deny pretty much anything to give you the full, unvarnished truth about everything…..

Still, I’ll respect historical perspective and wait and see.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How dare anyone support a people under threat of genocide!! 

You are basically admitting willful ignorance. 

But at least you are not promoting a Bill O'Really video. Who would do that??? 

If everybody adds an Ukraine flag to their social media handles this war would've already been over.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Georgia is where Trump is in the gravest danger. Given the way their statutes are written and the content of the recorded phone call, it's very likely he violated the law.

While indicting him for Jan 6 related activity is still an uphill battle, Georgia is a slam dunk.

LOCK THEM UP:

Multiple people associated with Colbert’s show arrested for unlawful entry of a House office building;

Update: Adam Schiff involved?

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

LOCK THEM UP:

Multiple people associated with Colbert’s show arrested for unlawful entry of a House office building;

Update: Adam Schiff involved?

Wow.  How pathetic these people are

State Run Late Night TV Losers

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

We're expecting to be told facts and knowledge from people directly involved. That's what we're getting. Testimony from those people.

What are you expecting? You were hoping to be told what to think? You wanted slanted 3rd-hand information? You wanted gift-wrapped discernment? Orange Man Okay?

I was never expecting much from this charade.  I thought I made that position very clear awhile ago. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I was never expecting much from this charade.  I thought I made that position very clear awhile ago. 

How is it a charade? It was supposed to be bipartisan until the GOP decided they didn’t want a bipartisan committee. The Vice Chair is Liz Cheney. Do you think the daughter of Dick “Halliburton” Cheney is a liberal shill? Or do you just think all of the Republicans testifying under oath are perjuring themselves?

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

How is it a charade? It was supposed to be bipartisan until the GOP decided they didn’t want a bipartisan committee. The Vice Chair is Liz Cheney. Do you think the daughter of Dick “Halliburton” Cheney is a liberal shill? Or do you just think all of the Republicans testifying under oath are perjuring themselves?

No, it was bipartisan until Nancy kicked-off Jordan and Banks.  Because they didn't vote to impeach Trump like the other Republicans did.

• Like (+1) 2