The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

23 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

We need to hear testimony from the leadership of all relevant law enforcement agencies to really understand the failure that day. 

Yes indeed - and Conald Trump must get grilled on live tv for 11 hours.

29 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m going with: I don’t know the answers and hope the committee addresses them. Since one of the teams on the committee was tasked specifically for this, we should expect them to give us info on it and call them out if they don’t.

Your story seems to be that you already know everything the committee has and you believe the positions of people you know are lying to you because it aligns to your worldview and anyone who disagrees is a shill. 

Once again, you’re just jumping to conclusions based on what you want to see and what people who *you know are lying to you* are telling you. 

Spending a lot of time talking about something you say you don’t care about. You can prove you don’t care by just logging off and letting the adults have a conversation. 

What part of the committee has less credibility than an Alex Jones Rachel Maddow lovechild don't you understand?

The fact that you're waiting on them to come to your conclusions tells everyone here all they need to know.

You aren't a serious poster.

And yet you arrived here all high falootin about being above it all.

:lol:

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

So you're going with the FBI is  incompetent then. Im shocked. The FBI, the world's premier law enforcement agency,  knows the plans of a dangerous group of unarmed "insurrectionists" ahead of time,  yet they were powerless to stop them from marching to the Capitol in the first place, then breach the restricted area and finally against all odds actually break into the Capitol?

How about $5MM for that oceanfront Nebraska property?

You have no game.  Zero.

Incompetent or complicit, neither is something anyone should tolerate from the world's premier law enforcement agency. 

If Hillary Clinton can respect the investigative powers of congress and testify for 8 hours at the Benghazi hearings, there is no legitimate reason why Trump administration officials refuse to testify on this matter. 

You know what else won't have any credibility about getting to the truth about J6?

The inevitable Republican appointed committee to investigate what happened on J6.

The truth, the REAL truth, as always, will lie somewhere in the middle. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

What part of the committee has less credibility than an Alex Jones Rachel Maddow lovechild don't you understand?

The fact that you're waiting on them to come to your conclusions tells everyone here all they need to know.

You aren't a serious poster.

And yet you arrived here all high falootin about being above it all.

That’s just like, your opinion man. 

And you sure do spend a lot of time discussing Jan 6th here for someone who doesn’t care. 

Methinks you doth protest too much. 

Go outside and touch some grass, you’ll feel better. 

4 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

If Hillary Clinton can respect the investigative powers of congress and testify for 8 hours at the Benghazi hearings, there is no legitimate reason why Trump administration officials refuse to testify on this matter. 

Well there were five real honest to goodness Democrats on that committee, including Adam Schiff.

So maybe if you put Jordan, Banks and MTG on this committee it would be a more apt comparison.

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

That’s just like, your opinion man. 

And you sure do spend a lot of time discussing Jan 6th here for someone who doesn’t care. 

Methinks you doth protest too much. 

Go outside and touch some grass, you’ll feel better. 

Lol. This is all you got left?

Weak.

Just now, DRsGhost said:

Lol. This is all you got left?

Weak.

Nah, it’s just that talking to you is like talking to a wall. There is no evidence or facts that can possibly penetrate, so I’ll only do it as long as it’s fun. There are other, more serious posters who actually add value to the conversation that I’d rather engage with. 

If Donald Trump came out today and said “I did it. I wanted my supporters to overrun the Capitol and prevent the certification and I made sure that they did” you still would find a way to say it’s all a Dem conspiracy.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nah, it’s just that talking to you is like talking to a wall. There is no evidence or facts that can possibly penetrate, so I’ll only do it as long as it’s fun. There are other, more serious posters who actually add value to the conversation that I’d rather engage with. 

If Donald Trump came out today and said “I did it. I wanted my supporters to overrun the Capitol and prevent the certification and I made sure that they did” you still would find a way to say it’s all a Dem conspiracy.

You mean like when he actually said on January 6th, 2021 in his own words and with his own voice for people to go to the Capitol and to "peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard"

What do you suppose the chances are that we will see or hear that exact quote and/or video entered into the committee record?

I'll go with 0.0 for the committee in search of the truth no matter where it leads. :lol:

You're a lemming clown.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

You mean like when he actually said on January 6th, 2021 in his own words and with his own voice for people to go to the Capitol and to "peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard"

What do you suppose the chances are that we will see or hear that exact quote and/or video entered into the committee record?

I'll go with 0.0 for the committee in search of the truth no matter where it leads. :lol:

You're a lemming clown.

👆🤡

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

No, absolutely not.  Debunking all the absurd election insanity made it all worth it.  Should they examine that one facet?  Absolutely.   There seems to be this prevailing idea that because most people were peaceful the whole event wasn't a big deal.  Imagine if Pence doesn't do the right thing...terrible things may have happened. 

I fully accept Biden won but to pretend that the 2020 election was up to the American standard is being a political hack of the highest order. We had improperly mailed ballots, ballots that were not collected properly or even maintained properly, we had ballots that were not verified properly, and the the count was not managed properly. To ignore all of this and state " most secure election in history" is more delusional than stating the election was stolen. As for Pence, I am thankful he did the proper thing, but what terrible things would have happened? 

13 hours ago, Doc said:

(Again) You mean like liberals and the riots during the Summer of 2020, which were exponentially more destructive and had longer-lasting ramifications than J6?  I can tell you with 100% certainty that what happened on J6 won't ever happen again, but I can't come close to doing the same for our cities burning and crime getting under control.

And please, no one here is defending the violence and law-breaking that occurred that day.  It shouldn't have happened, period, regardless of what many of us think about how insecure the 2020 election was.  I hope this settles this claim once and for all.

The problem you guys have is that without it being directed by Trump/Republicans, all you have is a mostly peaceful protest that turned violent, but with no coordination and no threat to democracy.  But you've been fed a narrative that plays on your feelz, and those are the hardest things to change one's mind about and/or you realize that Joke has been a disaster as POTUS and things are quickly turning back in the Repubs' favor so you need to use whatever you can to stave-off what's coming.

I love how you compare this to the summer riots as if they're the same and a gaggle of jackasses jump to agree.  They are not similar, and I'll be the first to say the summer rioters that broke laws should rot in jail too. 

We were one semi delusional man's (Pence I mean) decision away from having much bigger problems.   If he goes with the Orange shart's moronic plan who knows what chaos comes then.  Certainly the left would respond/likely riot.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I fully accept Biden won but to pretend that the 2020 election was up to the American standard is being a political hack of the highest order. We had improperly mailed ballots, ballots that were not collected properly or even maintained properly, we had ballots that were not verified properly, and the the count was not managed properly. To ignore all of this and state " most secure election in history" is more delusional than stating the election was stolen. As for Pence, I am thankful he did the proper thing, but what terrible things would have happened? 

And what made all that possible began with states changing election laws by means other than via their respective state legislatures.  

Explicitly unconstitutional. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I love how you compare this to the summer riots as if they're the same and a gaggle of jackasses jump to agree.  They are not similar, and I'll be the first to say the summer rioters that broke laws should rot in jail too. 

We were one semi delusional man's (Pence I mean) decision away from having much bigger problems.   If he goes with the Orange shart's moronic plan who knows what chaos comes then.  Certainly the left would respond/likely riot.

I don’t completely disagree with you w/r to the riots v 1/6, but you disavow any similarity between the anarchy across the country and the anarchy at the Capitol?  

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t completely disagree with you w/r to the riots v 1/6, but you disavow any similarity between the anarchy across the country and the anarchy at the Capitol?  

Angry people?