The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If police or others let them in, they should be disciplined too. 

And maybe questioned by this committee? Nah, let's leave that part out of the narrative.

I see several officers in the background standing around doing absolutely nothing to expel the "insurrectionists"

Why?

1 minute ago, DRsGhost said:

And maybe questioned by this committee? Nah, let's leave that part out of the narrative.

I see several officers in the background standing around doing absolutely nothing to expel the "insurrectionists"

Why?

The committee is divided into five teams with different goals. One of those teams is focused solely on the law enforcement failures. 

So far in the hearings, they’ve mostly been focused on the events leading up to Jan 6, with only limited testimony on the events during the riot. 

I would expect that they get to the report out from the law enforcement team in one of the upcoming hearings. 

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well, it was much more of an attempted insurrection. That makes it harder to recognize than actually overturning the election.

Anyway, if the rioters had somehow disrupted the recognition of valid electors that day and pushed the elector decision back to the state legislatures would it have been an attempted insurrection in your eyes then?

Bob, the seat of power In this country has now been breached by guys in faux fur and a bunch of man-bunned libs who play with sockpuppets and work on the late night telly.   

Maybe this is all for the greater good. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

The committee is divided into five teams with different goals. One of those teams is focused solely on the law enforcement failures. 

So far in the hearings, they’ve mostly been focused on the events leading up to Jan 6, with only limited testimony on the events during the riot. 

I would expect that they get to the report out from the law enforcement team in one of the upcoming hearings. 

😀

Don't hold your breath.

And by law enforcement should be "disciplined" you mean arrested and charged for aiding an insurrection, right?

I mean we've been told this was the worst attack on our country since the Civil War,  right?

I don't recall stories of US soldiers standing around doing nothing at Pearl Harbor, do you?

I also don't recall many scenes from 9/11 where police and first responders stood around doing nothing, do you?

Why haven't these police officers been arrested and charged with aiding the insurrection?

19 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

😀

Don't hold your breath.

And by law enforcement should be "disciplined" you mean arrested and charged for aiding an insurrection, right?

I mean we've been told this was the worst attack on our country since the Civil War,  right?

I don't recall stories of US soldiers standing around doing nothing at Pearl Harbor, do you?

I also don't recall many scenes from 9/11 where police and first responders stood around doing nothing, do you?

Why haven't these police officers been arrested and charged with aiding the insurrection?

It's a conundrum. 

38 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

😀

Don't hold your breath.

Everyone has pulled out their jump to conclusions mat, assuming they know the answers to ongoing investigations. 

I don’t know why some officers were standing around. Maybe since they were so outnumbered and overwhelmed at that point, they decided just to try to prevent violence instead of pushing people out. Maybe they were rooting for the rioters. Maybe they were incompetent.

I would like to see what, if anything, the committee has on this. I would like to know what, if anything, the DoJ is doing about it. 

But what I’m not going to do is assume I know all of the information gathered in these investigations before it’s released or the hearings are done. Because that would just be partisan nonsense. 

0F728D92-B92C-4B8F-9814-4E5678CF50AA.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Wacka said:

And still nothing (close to 48 hrs later- except on Fox) aboutColbert's people doing the same thing that people have been locked for 18 months.

Absolute smooth brain post right here. 

Equating a violent attempt to prevent the certification of an election to trespassing and then stating an easily debunked falsehood. 

CNN: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/17/politics/late-show-stephen-colbert-production-congress-capitol-police-arrest/index.html

CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/stephen-colbert-show-detained-production-crew-triumph-insult-dog-capitol-police-congressional-offices/

ABC:

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertainment/wireStory/arrested-house-office-building-linked-colbert-show-85476398

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Everyone has pulled out their jump to conclusions mat, assuming they know the answers to ongoing investigations. 

I don’t know why some officers were standing around. Maybe since they were so outnumbered and overwhelmed at that point, they decided just to try to prevent violence instead of pushing people out. Maybe they were rooting for the rioters. Maybe they were incompetent.

I would like to see what, if anything, the committee has on this. I would like to know what, if anything, the DoJ is doing about it. 

But what I’m not going to do is assume I know all of the information gathered in these investigations before it’s released or the hearings are done. Because that would just be partisan nonsense. 

I think the most logical explanation for why some of those scumbags were let in is just as you pointed out, they were already outnumbered and overrun.   There was no way they could have kept people out. 

Of course I'm sure we'll hear 10 more conspiracies about what happened there before all is said and done.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I think the most logical explanation for why some of those scumbags were let in is just as you pointed out, they were already outnumbered and overrun.   There was no way they could have kept people out. 

Of course I'm sure we'll hear 10 more conspiracies about what happened there before all is said and done.   

I think the most likely explanation is that Hillary Clinton and her legion of baby eating globalists partnered with the FBI and the reverse vampires to infiltrate the Capitol police to let the rioters in so that they could prevent the certification of Biden’s win to make Trump look bad. 

10 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Fair enough.  But if they felt they were going to overthrow the government, don't you think they would have done whatever they could to prevent it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Fair enough.  But if they felt they were going to overthrow the government, don't you think they would have done whatever they could to prevent it?

My guess is that it was probably chaos and they may not have realized exactly what was going on. Plus, they may have been worried that some of the people were armed and opening fire would result in a firefight with a lot of potential for fatalities. Even if they took non-lethal action, they were so outnumbered it wouldn’t do much aside from endanger their own lives. 

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hindsight,  they didn't have a clue at the time.  This is conjecture but we'll find out. 

49 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I think the most likely explanation is that Hillary Clinton and her legion of baby eating globalists partnered with the FBI and the reverse vampires to infiltrate the Capitol police to let the rioters in so that they could prevent the certification of Biden’s win to make Trump look bad. 

That's crazy, it's clear the Jewish space lasers were involved.   And antifa of course.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

52 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

We know multiple requests for extra security were denied before and during J6.

So then logically both of you agree that the commission will ask hard questions and provide solid answers as to why multiple requests for additional security were denied given that the security on J6 at the Capitol proved insuffucient. This is unacceptable, right?

I mean they were overrun, that shouldn't ever be allowed to happen and yet we know requests were denied. I'm sure we'll get answers though!

:lol:

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

52 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

So then logically both of you agree that the commission will ask hard questions and provide solid answers as to why multiple requests for additional security were denied given that the security on J6 at the Capitol proved insuffucient. This is unacceptable, right?

I mean they were overrun, that shouldn't ever be allowed to happen and yet we know requests were denied. I'm sure we'll get answers though!

7 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

One of the five investigative teams on the committee has a specific task of investigating the law enforcement failures. 

So I would expect to see something about this at some point. 

Interesting too how that scene is being described as law enforcement being "overrun" by "insurrectionists" who simply stood there calmly discussing things with the police about remaining peaceful.

Such conspiracy theories!

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

One of the five investigative teams on the committee has a specific task of investigating the law enforcement failures. 

So I would expect to see something about this at some point. 

And that video I linked to above I 100% guarantee you will not be part of the story. 

You can't have it both ways and call it an insurrection and the most violent attack on our democracy since the Civil War and also show videos like that and others.  The qanon shaman is one of the poster boys for the "violent insurrection" and then you watch that video....

Im sorry, it does not compute. Quite the conundrum indeed.