The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

William Barr's stunning evolution from Trump loyalist to nemesis

With his salty dismissals of the former President's election fraud lies as "bull####," "crazy," "amateurish" and "total nonsense," 

In his testimony aired Monday, Barr complained about "idiotic" allegations that Dominion voting machines had been tampered with and he slammed the latest conservative conspiracy theories contained in the documentary "2000 Mules," which Trump has again falsely claimed shows evidence of fraud.

"I thought, 'Boy, if he really believes this stuff, he has lost contact with -- he's become detached from reality if he really believes this stuff,' " he testified.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/14/politics/bill-barr-donald-trump-january-6-hearing-analysis/index.html

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The hypocrisy is staggering.

It sure can be. Especially when you bend the truth and plain just make ***** up in order to create your own mirage of staggering hypocrisy. 

”Blue lives matter”… except for the lives of capitol police.

0.0 capitol police officers died during the three hour "insurrection"

Plenty were assaulted and those responsible should absolutely receive justice, Ray Epps included, but somehow I don't see that happening. .

I'm sure the J6 Committee is also looking to speak to those capitol police offices who unlocked and opened doors to allow the "insurrectionists" inside. ^_^

“Law and order”… except to right a wrong.

See protesters allowed to break the law and demonstrate in front of SC justices homes.

”The Constitution is paramount”… except when Your Guy loses under its rules.

You mean the multiple states that violated the Constitution by changing voting laws in 2020 by means other than their respective state legislatures?

Advisor after advisor testifying that the fraud claims were bogus, but Trump “wasn’t interested in the facts.”  

See above and the resulting puking out of ballots and ballot applications everywhere to out of date voter rolls.

See previous bipartisan condemnations of universal mail in balloting as an open invitation for corruption. Yet somehow this election turned out to be the most "secure in US history" anyway. 

Please. 

This was an attempted coup by a psychotic narcissist.

" peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard"

The orange menace told people to storm the capitol! Coup! Insurrection! 

And Fascist News Channel is hardly covering any of it.

Lol. Because we sure need 9 different channels to choose from to watch this propaganda ***** show.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

It sure can be. Especially when you bend the truth and plain just make ***** up in order to create your own mirage of staggering hypocrisy. 

0.0 capitol police officers died during the three hour "insurrection"

Plenty were assaulted and those responsible should absolutely receive justice, Ray Epps included, but somehow I don't see that happening. .

I'm sure the J6 Committee is also looking to speak to those capitol police offices who unlocked and opened doors to allow the "insurrectionists" inside. ^_^

See protesters allowed to break the law and demonstrate in front of SC justices homes.

You mean the multiple states that violated the Constitution by changing voting laws in 2020 by means other than their respective state legislatures?

See above and the resulting puking out of ballots and ballot applications everywhere to out of date voter rolls.

See previous bipartisan condemnations of universal mail in balloting as an open invitation for corruption. Yet somehow this election turned out to be the most "secure in US history" anyway. 

Please. 

" peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard"

The orange menace told people to storm the capitol! Coup! Insurrection! 

Lol. Because we sure need 9 different channels to choose from to watch this propaganda ***** show.

Realllllllllly trying hard to whitewash bro - gotta love it.

Sucks when you’re on the wrong side

of EVERY issue.

14 hours ago, Beach said:

i dont question how many votes there were for Biden.  I question where those votes came from.  Anyway, i didnt come to debate election results, there is no point. I just wanted to tell you what i saw j6.   Biden is president and everything is great.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e22f339aeb86e0b246c61163ec8fd23.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'd like Trump to go away because he's the wrong person at the wrong time in 2024.  A victory would mean another 4 year term of Democratic obstruction.  The country will need somebody in the White House, from either party, that is actually committed and capable of pulling everyone and the country together.  That means dumping the fringe ideologues on both extremes of the political spectrum and focusing on the core of American beliefs and values.  Unfortunately for all of us, 1 1/2 years into the term, Biden and his administration have already demonstrated they're not up to that task.  So expect things to do down hill from here until minimum 2024.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'd like Trump to go away because he's the wrong person at the wrong time in 2024.  A victory would mean another 4 year term of Democratic obstruction.  The country will need somebody in the White House, from either party, that is actually committed and capable of pulling everyone and the country together.  That means dumping the fringe ideologues on both extremes of the political spectrum and focusing on the core of American beliefs and values.  Unfortunately for all of us, 1 1/2 years into the term, Biden and his administration have already demonstrated they're not up to that task.  So expect things to do down hill from here until minimum 2024.   

You would still vote for Trump against a Dem thoughn

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You would still vote for Trump against a Dem thoughn

Believe it or not I did not vote for Trump or Biden or Clinton in the past 2 elections.  It would matter who the Democrat is though in 2024.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Adam Schiff
@RepAdamSchiff
·
His campaign manager knew he lost.
His attorney general knew he lost.
His top advisers knew he lost.
His legal team knew he lost.
His daughter knew he lost.

And Trump knew it too.

Dan Rather
@DanRather
·
Funny what people will say when they’re under oath that they didn’t say earlier when it could have made a big difference. Actually, it’s not funny at all. It’s outrageous, a shame that will follow their names into history.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Why would peaceful protesters need bear spray, tear gas, steel clubs, zip tie handcuffs? Just wondering. That’s not what I would normally pack when I go to see DC.

Never been walking around in Baltimore or DC? I can see needing all of those in any major city in the US. Went to DC in he 80s. A friend who worked on the Mall told me to not leave the mall except to see Ford's Theater. That was about 35 years ago. 

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m all over the place?   Me? 

You went from suggesting people listen to William Barr for clarity to completely disregarding what he has said to referring to him as a Trump Toady in 3 posts.  To make things slightly more confusing, you then doubled back to suggesting the guy you cited as reliable, then cited as completely unreliable, reverted back to reliable when what he says aligns with your bias, with a parting shot that you don’t trust what he says.  

Next up, unsubstantiated and somewhat wild accusations of criminality, alleged criminality and some mythical “jury” that would “convict” him.  Given that the hearings are not encumbered by the normal rules of criminal court, I’m not sure what you’re going on about here?  Honestly, Bob, if our criminal system worked like some of these political tribunals, where evidence could be withheld, leaked, ignored and the prosecutor had complete control over the process, I’d be surprised if the conviction rate wasn’t 100%.  Plus, I think that scenario has played out, historically, in certain places and reasonable people think a system rigged in that fashion is not in the public interest. 

You’re rapidly becoming the Kama Sutra of this subject Bob.  You started out fine, pedestrian really, but with each page that turns, the positions you take are more and more difficult and a struggle to maintain.  You should have your heart checked, Bob. 

What I’m saying is simple.  Stop the Steal is political campaigning in line with Russiagate.  Sad, but true.  Oh, and yes, I most definitely agree that if Trump prevailed in any of his court challenges, he would have contested the Biden presidency. That would not have been the first time that happened, and it’s not the first time it failed.   I also believe that had the Dems been able to remove Trump from office mid-term—-one way or the other—-they would have done so.

He doesn’t need his heart checked. It’s the THC addling his brain.  

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He doesn’t need his heart checked. It’s the THC addling his brain.  

Aw shoot!  We must have made too much noise.  The trolls have found us. Gonna be tougher to have an intelligent discussion with all of the crap flying around.  

Oh well it’s America and I guess trolls are looking for entertainment too

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Aw shoot!  We must have made too much noise.  The trolls have found us. Gonna be tougher to have an intelligent discussion with all of the crap flying around.  

Ignore function makes a real difference! 

17 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Lighten up Bob. I speak not in a manner to make fun of you.  That remark came from personal experience. 😎

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ignore function makes a real difference! 

Sure does.  Of course you won’t see this. 

The Jan. 6 committee announced that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed

The Jan. 6 committee announced Tuesday morning that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed. No reason was given.

(Excerpt) Read more at https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wednesdays-jan-committee-hearing-postponed/story?id=85381712&cid=social_twitter_abcn

J6 Committee’s Own Witness Debunks Claim Of Coordinated Insurrection

by Tristan Justice

Last week, the Select Committee on Jan. 6 brought forward a pair of witnesses to testify in the panel’s first prime-time hearing to depict the Capitol riot as a coordinated “insurrection.” Among them was a documentary filmmaker named Nick Quested, who was embedded with the far-right group the “Proud Boys” on the day of the turmoil. Quested gave the committee an eyewitness account of the riot as he followed the Proud Boys throughout the day.(snip) Except Quested did not testify that the Proud Boys attended first as insurrectionists. To the contrary, 

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/13/j6-committees-own-witness-debunks-claim-of-coordinated-insurrection/

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Jan. 6 committee announced that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed

The Jan. 6 committee announced Tuesday morning that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed. No reason was given.

(Excerpt) Read more at https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wednesdays-jan-committee-hearing-postponed/story?id=85381712&cid=social_twitter_abcn

They ran out of ***** to sling that we've already heard 10 times.   What a mess.  

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

J6 Committee’s Own Witness Debunks Claim Of Coordinated Insurrection

by Tristan Justice

Last week, the Select Committee on Jan. 6 brought forward a pair of witnesses to testify in the panel’s first prime-time hearing to depict the Capitol riot as a coordinated “insurrection.” Among them was a documentary filmmaker named Nick Quested, who was embedded with the far-right group the “Proud Boys” on the day of the turmoil. Quested gave the committee an eyewitness account of the riot as he followed the Proud Boys throughout the day.(snip) Except Quested did not testify that the Proud Boys attended first as insurrectionists. To the contrary, 

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/13/j6-committees-own-witness-debunks-claim-of-coordinated-insurrection/

Typically I don’t read your posts or articles but was bored enough to check out the link.  Can you tell me how it debunks the idea of a coordinated insurrection?

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Typically I don’t read your posts or articles but was bored enough to check out the link.  Can you tell me how it debunks the idea of a coordinated insurrection?

Typically I don't have to point out the obvious to those who read the articles.

“Now a central question is whether the attack on the Capitol was coordinated and planned,” said Select Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., while wrapping up questions. “What you witnessed is what a coordinated and planned effort would look like. It was the culmination of a months-long effort spearheaded by President Trump.”

Except Quested did not testify that the Proud Boys attended first as insurrectionists. To the contrary, Quested told NBC’s Chuck Todd on “Meet the Press” Sunday that the group’s leader, Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, was “very receptive” to the documentary crew’s embed.

“How did you get Mr. Tarrio and other members of the Proud Boys to say, ‘Yes. Film us. We want this on the record. Document what we’re doing?” Todd asked.

“Well, I had a colleague who gave me Enrique’s phone number and I called him,” Quested said, before going on:

He was very receptive to the idea. He liked the film that I had produced called Restrepo with my colleagues Sebastian Junger and Tim Hetherington, which was a film about a deployment of veterans in the Korengal Valley in Afghanistan. So I think the veteran aspect of that was appealing to them.

The leader of a group plotting a coordinated insurrection would normally be hard-pressed to allow a documentarian to film it, let alone be receptive to an embed.

Now, you can disagree with that interpretation of course, but "pretending" that you couldn't see it was dishonest.

There was also a link to this often ignored fact. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

• Haha (+1) 1