Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

If they're serious about doing this, I'd release Butler and Addison and put the $13M saved towards Watt.  With Star coming back, he'd replace Butler and Watt would replace Addison meaning no net loss of DL, while upgrading it significantly (health-willing).  I'd look to extend Jefferson since he's younger and offers position flexibility.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills aren't doing that. Move along, nothing to see here.

This is one of three things:

1- a straight up lie from his agent. Happens 500 times a year. 

2- a huge offer from a team that isn’t actually a contender to sign him trying to sway him and get him to move off his desires for a ring (Jets come to mind) 

3- A genuine offer he’s gotten from one of the team’s he’s considering where you have a staged contract that dumps 20+ into year three or whatever. The problem is, he’ll never see that money.

I may be wrong, but I would 1000% be shocked if he gets anything close to 15m actual AAV in this climate. 

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

This is one of three things:

1- a straight up lie from his agent. Happens 500 times a year. 

2- a huge offer from a team that isn’t actually a contender to sign him trying to sway him and get him to move off his desires for a ring (Jets come to mind) 

3- A genuine offer he’s gotten from one of the team’s he’s considering where you have a staged contract that dumps 20+ into year three or whatever. The problem is, he’ll never see that money.

I may be wrong, but I would 1000% be shocked if he gets anything close to 15m actual AAV in this climate. 

There is probably some truth to it, but the structure and team aren’t identified. It could be a team he would never go to like the jags and that offer could be all in with incentives and low guarantees.  But it’s never been more obvious when a National reporter splashes a number out like that at this stage of his FA that it’s his agent’s words and it is calculated. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

considering we paid dude from carolina who is further past his prime and a lower prime like 10mm, i don't think 14mm is out of the question.  im assuming he still has plenty left in the tank.

trade for mccaffery, sign watt, draft OLB and OG, as well as TE and DB, and im ecstatic about the team.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe Marino pointed out that the Bills paid Mario Addison 14 mill last year so... he thinks they are in play here 

But I would be tempted to give that kind of money to ngaukwe 

No I don’t know how to spell his name and won’t learn it unless he signs here

wow, i thought it was like 10 per, was it really that much?  maybe that was the first year payout.  shocking

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s clearly saying that Beane is asleep!

I see he is longer in a Texans uniform in his Twitter picture. 

Now wearing red and white in his profile picture. Bills wore some red and white unis last season. 

Lock it in!

50 minutes ago, colin said:

considering we paid dude from carolina who is further past his prime and a lower prime like 10mm, i don't think 14mm is out of the question.  im assuming he still has plenty left in the tank.

trade for mccaffery, sign watt, draft OLB and OG, as well as TE and DB, and im ecstatic about the team.

wow, i thought it was like 10 per, was it really that much?  maybe that was the first year payout.  shocking

Trade for McCaffrey & Kupp, Sign Watt and Kerrigan, Draft Pat Freiermuth!

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

There’s this new thing called a salary cap ya know.

We have a bunch of players we can trade or release... Addison, Jefferson, Butler, even Kroft and Murphy. John Brown can be traded.

34 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s more high motor, lunch pail hard workers than 1 team can handle.  

Not the process team!

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

We have a bunch of players we can trade or release... Addison, Jefferson, Butler, even Kroft and Murphy. John Brown can be traded.

Not the process team!

Kroft and Murphy are free agents.  No one is trading for a 9M John Brown when there are several WRs available they can get in FA.  

Sign, Watt and Kerrigan....and trade for Mccaffery and Kupp?  And still somehow have our 1st rd pick to draft a freiermuth...🙄 cmon man.....