Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

20 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

If you’re going to post about not wanting Watt because he’s been hurt... that’s totally cool. Perfectly valid POV. 

But holy moly... at least do a little research and get things right. I’ve seen 6-7 different people today alone say he hasn’t played a full season in 3 years. 

He legitimately played a full season last year and 2/3 seasons dating back to 2018. Missed 8 games in 2019 but came back from the injury to play 2 playoff games. 

The misinformation is unbelievable. 

2 years removed from 16 sacks. People don’t want knowledge they want opinions, specifically their own.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

If someone is offering $15 million to $16 million, I'm out of the running if I'm the Bills.

This is why I was opposed to the idea in the first place.  Too much $$$ at this point in his career.

Weird considering many on the board last year were ready to spend that on Clowney...

🙄

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pasaluki said:

15 mil is too much but we need pass rush. He won't be playing like 90%of the snaps like Houston so he will be able to stay healthy.

But the question is does he still want the 90 percent or is he ok with being in a rotation? I would like to see him here but for him it might come down to pride and what he wants. 15 million a per year says he still wants the 90 % of snaps. And honestly he can’t do that anymore, he can’t stay healthy. And 15 million for a rotation player is way too much, better off drafting someone who’s young and healthy

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

If he goes to Cleveland for more money, then he was lying about wanting to play for a contender.

I don't really understand how anyone views them as contenders next year.  They lucked out from playing the Bengals twice, the Steelers backups (and still almost lost), the Jags (and almost lost), and the entire NFC East.

I guess they're contenders now because they beat the Titans and the Colts last year?  Is that it?

Anyway... let Watt go to Cleveland for more money if he wants.  If he wants to play for a ring... I'm sure he has Beane's and McDermott's number by now.

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If he goes to Cleveland for more money, then he was lying about wanting to play for a contender.

I don't really understand how anyone views them as contenders next year.  They lucked out from playing the Bengals twice, the Steelers backups (and still almost lost), the Jags (and almost lost), and the entire NFC East.

I guess they're contenders now because they beat the Titans and the Colts last year?  Is that it?

Anyway... let Watt go to Cleveland for more money if he wants.  If he wants to play for a ring... I'm sure he has Beane's and McDermott's number by now.

I don’t care where he goes as long as it isn’t the chiefs 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

Weird considering many on the board last year were ready to spend that on Clowney...

🙄

Because we had cap room but decided to blow it on a bunch of sub par interior linemen and not cut a 10M DE who was a healthy scratch for half the season.  This year we don’t have much cap to work with and the overall cap is less this year.  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t care where he goes as long as it isn’t the chiefs 

For me, as long as it isn't in the AFC East to our rivals. Not Miami, not NE, not the Jests! 

I wouldn't worry about the Chiefs as they are currently -18mill in the hole. Sammy anyone?

OTOH, Von Miller, Matt Judon, Shaquil Barrett, Melvin Ingram, Bud Dupre, Lavonte David...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/outside-linebacker/

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But the question is does he still want the 90 percent or is he ok with being in a rotation? I would like to see him here but for him it might come down to pride and what he wants. 15 million a per year says he still wants the 90 % of snaps. And honestly he can’t do that anymore, he can’t stay healthy. And 15 million for a rotation player is way too much, better off drafting someone who’s young and healthy

He played in every game 2 out of the last 3 years.  

You have a strange definition of can’t staying healthy.  

Cmon man.  Posting lies isn’t sexy

Edited by NewEra

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s been 2 weeks today since he was released. I’m now saying ***** JJ Watt. Really shouldn’t take this long. Let’s go get Von Miller. He’s got some baggage but he’s not a diva like apparently JJ is...

I assume teams are going to wait until his criminal investigation plays out before signing Von

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s been 2 weeks today since he was released. I’m now saying ***** JJ Watt. Really shouldn’t take this long. Let’s go get Von Miller. He’s got some baggage but he’s not a diva like apparently JJ is...

Word on the street is that Watt is torn between the message you sent to him to come join the Bills versus a separate message from a Cleveland Browns fan 🙂

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

That's easy.  He's lifting weights in a red room.  Bills fans have had to 'wait' for a Super Bowl appearence since the days of the 'red' helmets!  It's all there, plain as day! 😁

Well, Red King, I am sure this an entirely objective analysis . . .