Old news? PFF final rankings

Beerball

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh is the 2nd best qb in the NFL. Just announced by the eyeball ranking. 

I’d say he’s 3rd, maybe 4th or 5th.

Mahomes and Rodgers 1 and 2.

Watson is a helluva QB and right up there with Josh. The GOAT is playing in another Super Bowl and has more passing yards and passing TDs.  

I’d vote Josh #3, but there are cases to be made that Watson, Brady and even RW are better QBs.  They may not have had a better season than Josh did in 2020, but it’s hard to argue that one great season makes Allen a better QB than guys that have been doing it for multiple season (and decades)

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

1) Mahomes 2) Rodgers 3) Brady 4) Watson 5) Allen. Makes sense to me. 

I would switch Allen and Watson based on the fact that probably a third of Watson's passing yards/TD's came against prevent defenses.

I wonder if that even enters the assessment of PFF but IMO it's a huge factor as we've all seen how many garbage time yards & TD's a QB can pile up down by three scores. 

In fact a close examination of Stafford would probably show that his career numbers also have benefited greatly by the Lions having a bad defense.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

All I ever hoped for was that Josh Allen would become a QB for the Bills who is annually in the “top 5” discussion.  We’re there.  Enjoy the ride.

Here, here.

Just a few years ago on this very board you could find me arguing - denial is a strong emotional state! - that Tyrod Taylor is a slightly above average QB, and that we could indeed win championships with him just like the Ravens with Flacco did. Yes, I was literally arguing that having the 15th best QB in the NFL (give or take, mostly take, 5 positions or so) was good enough to build around.

With that in mind, I will, indeed, enjoy the ride now!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1