Derrick Henry has more yards after contact since 2019 than any other RB has actual yards...craziness!!

Big Turk

I'm confused....this graph shows yac/att , "yards after contact per rushing attempt" (henry ranks 5th)

singletary is ranked 3rd & moss 15th....???? (thats good)

wouldn't that then be an indictment on the bills Oline ?? (thats bad)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/rushing_advanced.htm

Edited by papazoid

While I take all passing Numbers now with a huge grain of salt because of the rules, what Henry is doing is simply amazing. Imagine if we went 4 wide and had a monster like that to go with Allen in the backfield? How would stop that offense?

it’s so weird that with all the terrible Bills teams we have had, they always found rbs and now it’s one of the weakest positions on the team. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

While I take all passing Numbers now with a huge grain of salt because of the rules, what Henry is doing is simply amazing. Imagine if we went 4 wide and had a monster like that to go with Allen in the backfield? How would stop that offense?

it’s so weird that with all the terrible Bills teams we have had, they always found rbs and now it’s one of the weakest positions on the team. 

Thats currently what Titans do. And they get beat every year by the ravens and kc in the playoffs

25 minutes ago, motorj said:

Thats currently what Titans do. And they get beat every year by the ravens and kc in the playoffs

Well. By one of them, sure. And so did we.

I think that shows it's better to have a top five QB with a sufficient running game than have a top 3 RB and pretty good passing game.

But imagine a top five QB and a good (not even great) running game.

You might just have the Chiefs.

23 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Don’t get me wrong, he’s very good, but I feel like unless he gets a clean block upfront he’s useless. 

He needs a full head of steam and to get to the second level in order to be truly dangerous. I don’t think he create enough for himself. At least when I’ve watched him play, I’ve been underwhelmed by his ability in the backfield to turn something into nothing. 

He’s truly fun to watch in the open field, but he doesn’t get there without help. You can probably make an argument like that related to just about any RB. That’s why I just don’t find significant value in a RB that can’t be flexed out wide and provide in a variety of ways. 

Give me a McCaffrey, Kamara, Gibson, Hines or Ekeler type RB all day that can create in different scenarios without the consistent dependence on their offensive line. 

I would never touch a RB in the first two rounds, and I’d be hard pressed to grab one in RD3 unless they can do multiple things. Oddly enough the dual purpose skill set seems to be undervalued across the league, but those types of RBs are the most valuable in a modern offense. 

Good point, but yeah, I think you can say that about any running back. I remember when Lynch played for the Bills, there was a stat showing that in his final two seasons he was hit in the backfield or at the LOS at a higher rate than any RB in the league. His ypc suffered and Bills fans thought he wasn't that good, but obviously he was. 

32 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Good point, but yeah, I think you can say that about any running back. I remember when Lynch played for the Bills, there was a stat showing that in his final two seasons he was hit in the backfield or at the LOS at a higher rate than any RB in the league. His ypc suffered and Bills fans thought he wasn't that good, but obviously he was. 

I guess the issue is, was he actually that good or did the offensive line help? I don’t think he was as bad as he was in Buffalo, but he wasn’t as good as he was in Seattle. 

I’d still rather have a guy who can create for himself and isn’t dependent on their offensive line. Creating for yourself doesn’t require you to run either, pass catching helps. I think a back like Lynch and Henry is really useful, but I wouldn’t build my offense around them or place emphasis on them.