Defensive assessment

Hebert19

I'm the last for doon and gloom but this D is not good.  We need upgrades everywhere. 

1.   Dline - D.  Hughes has his moments.  Ed needs a true NT next to him.  Off season signings need to all be gone. 

2.   Cb - C.  decent core...but not great.  

3.   Lbs - C. need some depth here or switch to a 3-4 where Edmunds would be better.  

4.   Safties C+ - said this early in the year but they are average.  Hyde has lost a step and poyer is overblown by our fans.  When neal comes in we make more plays. 

5.   Coaching - C. best thing that could happen is Frazier gets hired by Texas so we can get 2 3rds.  :)

• Agree 2

Just now, Hebert19 said:

I'm the last for doon and gloom but this D is not good.  We need upgrades everywhere. 

1.   Dline - D.  Hughes has his moments.  Ed needs a true NT next to him.  Off season signings need to all be gone. 

2.   Cb - C.  decent core...but not great.  

3.   Lbs - C. need some depth here or switch to a 3-4 where Edmunds would be better.  

4.   Safties C+ - said this early in the year but they are average.  Hyde has lost a step and poyer is overblown by our fans.  When neal comes in we make more plays. 

5.   Coaching - C. best thing that could happen is Frazier gets hired by Texas so we can get 2 3rds.  :)

Would love to 5 to happen. Take that soft zone with you lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

Totally disagree.  I would raise your grades up by one in each category. ST should be an A as well.

Still average at best in each.  

Like I said I'm the most positive dude on here most times but this D is not good. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I build around White, Poyer, and Hyde. The rest I would let go. 

Hyde isn't good anymore.  Sadly.  

Problem with our defense is that they’re stationary targets, they sit back and react. I think our defense needs to be more aggressive and attack. Take the fight to them. Outside of that tremendous hit by Poyer our defense played as targets when in all actuality, being aggressive and attacking is a much more powerful mindset for our players to be in. Very soft game plan defensively.

• Agree 2

The D’s game against the Ravens last week  came as a pleasant surprise...I don’t want anyone to get carried away with that performance as it was a one off this season... 

Beane needs  to build this D in 2021 if we want to beat the Chiefs... they had their way with us 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

The D’s game against the Ravens last week  came as a pleasant surprise...I don’t want anyone to get carried away with that performance as it was a one off this season... 

Beane needs  to build this D in 2021 if we want to beat the Chiefs... they had their way with us 

It was a fluke, the wind completely dominated the game. We still can’t win TOP and get 3 and outs. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

The entire unit needs rebuilt.

The Bills will never seriously contend for a championship with that defense.

End of story.

It's the front 4.  The back end and LBs are plenty good enough.  

The front 4 can't get any pressure.  

• Like (+1) 2

The soft zone killed the Bills this game.... who's bright idea was it to let Kelce and Hill find a spot in the defence and run freely. Best TE in the game... here you go how about 8 yards?....one of the best WR's in the game... here you got would you like 10 yards on the house? WTF, did the 2nd quarter not show you you can't play soft zone on these guys? It's an f'ing joke

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I agree the Front is priority #1 but there's big issues behind them too.

Edmunds is not the answer in the middle, Milano is probably gone, Klein is a 1 down backer; that unit needs rebuilt from the inside out.

White is the only good corner on the roster; the #2 is overmatched every game and we don't have a slot corner worth the title. That unit also needs rebuilt.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Blitz said:

As far as I’m concerned, Lotulelei can go. By him sitting out we’ve lacked a space eater all year. Don’t give me the COVID nonsense. You can get COVID on the football field and you can get it at a restaurant eating out with family. Nonsense..

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

The soft zone killed the Bills this game.... who's bright idea was it to let Kelce and Hill find a spot in the defence and run freely. Best TE in the game... here you go how about 8 yards?....one of the best WR's in the game... here you got would you like 10 yards on the house? WTF, did the 2nd quarter not show you you can't play soft zone on these guys? It's an f'ing joke

McDermott rarely plays man. He’s another Boeheim that is completely married to the system. I hate it. 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Front 4 are awful....

I'm not feeling Tremaine

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

I agree the Front is priority #1 but there's big issues behind them too.

Edmunds is not the answer in the middle, Milano is probably gone, Klein is a 1 down backer; that unit needs rebuilt from the inside out.

White is the only good corner on the roster; the #2 is overmatched every game and we don't have a slot corner worth the title. That unit also needs rebuilt.

10000000%