Gabe not practicing today...

Hebert19

On 1/20/2021 at 11:51 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Taiwan Jones and Jake Kumerow do not fill the same role on Special Teams.

As we saw in the Colts game, going AFU on ST does not help a team in a playoff game

You guys are nuts, we're competing for the AFC championship and you want to make unnecessary changes at multiple positions to the roster that brought us here.

Joe Moreno on Locked On Bills stated that Kumerow did fill in for Jones earlier this season. Are you sure Kumerow can’t play Jones’ spots on ST? 

Kumerow won't be cleared this week

53 minutes ago, CSBill said:

the one big thing Kumerow does bring is quality Special Teams play. We know how much this staff values that. All other things being equal, I think he would get the nod. 

He won't pass covid clearance in time  i believe

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

If Gabe cannot go, I don't think McDermott will play another WR that has not already taken live snaps for the Bills this season.  I don't believe he trusts it.  Maybe Kumerow would get the nod. 

I agree as be wise to ler Tyler Kroft play if Davis can't go. He is good as anyone in the redzone. Then use Singletary/McKenzie more in the passing game.

Stills has 37 career TD’s. If they activate him he could help. He wouldn’t be on the team if he wasn’t doing well in practice. They could simply cut him. He’d a a wild card the Chiefs would not be ready for. Diggs , Smoke , Beasley, & Stills would be dangerous 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I agree as be wise to ler Tyler Kroft play if Davis can't go. He is good as anyone in the redzone. Then use Singletary/McKenzie more in the passing game.

Kroft is a bit bigger than Kumerow, but .2 slower.  If Knox 4.58 is healthy, Kumerow becomes the tougher player to defend in the red zone.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I thought Stills was signed for the "break glass in emergency" Brown can't go SPEED no one else on the roster really has.

None of us know the key information here: how well Stills is picking up the playbook in practice - bearing in mind that we also expect blocking and sometimes blitz pickup out of our WR.  Stills didn't exactly look good with the Texans, and caught about 58% of the balls thrown his way in games this year and his drop % was horrific - almost 16%.  He had a much better year last year for both catches and drops, so there's that.  But still, I don't understand why everyone is eager to throw this guy into the most critical game of the year.

KC has a physical, mauling secondary.  They were nasty to Brown, Beasley and Diggs in the first game - Diggs drew penalties but they were beating the snot out of Brown and Beasley with laundry in the pocket.

If Davis can't go or is limited, I think we either see Roberts or Kumerow (if he re-signs) or maybe some of both (Roberts is smaller, but able to be very physical)

Don't shoot the messenger.

Has he actually signed?  They said he was flying here to sign two days ago, but *crickets*

@YoloinOhio

His visit was yesterday 

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

the one big thing Kumerow does bring is quality Special Teams play. We know how much this staff values that. All other things being equal, I think he would get the nod. 

He does play ST but at this point all of our ST guys are healthy. It’s a WR we need to run 4 wide if Davis can’t go. 

10 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Kroft is a bit bigger than Kumerow, but .2 slower.  If Knox 4.58 is healthy, Kumerow becomes the tougher player to defend in the red zone.

.2 over 40 yards? Then inside the 20 you're talking .1 seconds. At 6'6 Kroft's 2 inches could be important against a CB that's 5'11 or 6 feet.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He tipped up a possibly-catchable pass for an INT vs Tennessee, then later in the game caught a picture-perfect "toe drag swag" 10 out of 10 difficulty contested catch on the sideline.

That was the last we saw of him until NE 10 weeks later, where he also saw 2 targets (and 2 catches)

No it was a very catchable ball and hit him in the #'s (though he had to go down to catch it.

And this was in the first two drives and changed the game almost immediately.

All retrospect, but need to point it out....

13 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

If Stills plays, I forsee a couple of vital drops by him. Not a fan of him. 

A lot of people will see this as a pessimistic take.  However, Stills' biggest downfall are his hands.  That said, he is on par with Davis in that sense so I dont see it as a major downgrade, aside from the size of the player.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you think he would even be targeted twice? I feel like they would just send him on go routes to draw coverage 

Considering the forecast is rain and winds at 15mph, go routes will be as effective as they were in the Ravens. So hands are going to be more needed.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McKenzie 

No

37 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

A lot of people will see this as a pessimistic take.  However, Stills' biggest downfall are his hands.  That said, he is on par with Davis in that sense so I dont see it as a major downgrade, aside from the size of the player.

Davis has 3 drops on 62 targets - 4.8%.  He has a 56.5% catch percentage which is not dissimilar to Stills this year, except that Stills is charged with 3 drops on 19 targets for a 15.8% drop %. 

That implies that Stills was seeing more balls assessed as "catchable with normal effort" and failing to hall them in.

So probably NOT on par.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you think he would even be targeted twice? I feel like they would just send him on go routes to draw coverage 

I feel that an open WR on a "go" route is like Catnip for a Cat to Josh Allen.

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No

Davis has 3 drops on 62 targets - 4.8%.  He has a 56.5% catch percentage which is not dissimilar to Stills this year, except that Stills is charged with 3 drops on 19 targets for a 15.8% drop %. 

That implies that Stills was seeing more balls assessed as "catchable with normal effort" and failing to hall them in.

So probably NOT on par.

I feel that an open WR on a "go" route is like Catnip for a Cat to Josh Allen.

Interesting.  I just took a quick look at their catch rate.  I know Kenny has had issues with drops over his time.  Always seemed to kill us on 9 routes when he was with the Dolphins, so never really saw him as a nuanced wideout.  Good stuff!

• Agree 1