Gabe not practicing today...

Hebert19

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not yet

This is the part I don't understand. 

Kumerow was on a team - with the Saints, just eliminated Sunday.  Per NFL

The memo also states that the daily testing and intensive protocols will continue for seven days following a team's last game for players and staff members who wish to enter the facility during that period.

So he should have been able to be "current with the NFL testing cadence"

The NFL also said that players who were "current with the NFL testing cadence" could join a team right away

So there's a missing piece here.  Perhaps he had an exposure?

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

When they keep a TE in to block or pspiedo block , Josh is able to find the fewer receivers. It seems that the extra seconds benefit our WR + QB style where the very backend of a route or off script is a competitive advantage of the offense. 

Yes they are more explosive out of 11 personnel with both a back and TE tight where the defense has to consider every option.................I am really not a fan of the 5 wide looks.........they limit the defense's ability to blitz but otherwise it just turns the offense into dink-and-dunk short passes.     The perception that it makes them more explosive is inaccurate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes they are more explosive out of 11 personnel with both a back and TE tight where the defense has to consider every option.................I am really not a fan of the 5 wide looks.........they limit the defense's ability to blitz but otherwise it just turns the offense into dink-and-dunk short passes.     The perception that it makes them more explosive is inaccurate.

I think the 4/5 wide has a place on 3rd and shorts when they generally then are able to get Diggs and Beas in a 1v1 and just throw to them. My perception (haven't dug into numbers etc) is that they have had reasonable success converting 3rd and shorts with 00 and 10 personnel. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Except that a short passing attack, if it moves the sticks slowly, keeps Mahomes off the field.  Not the worst strategy for Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Except that a short passing attack, if it moves the sticks slowly, keeps Mahomes off the field.  Not the worst strategy for Sunday.

I will be a bit surprised if they can win Sunday by playing not to lose like they did the first time.    

I'd certainly hate to lose that way though.   

This Bills team finished second in scoring in the NFL.....the Chiefs finished 6th........playing scared and getting beat would be regrettable, IMO.

The Chiefs defense will be in a real bind if Breeland and Gay are both out or even limited........their defense could be very vulnerable and the Bills are over-due for a big offensive performance.

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I will be a bit surprised if they can win Sunday by playing not to lose like they did the first time.    

This Bills team finished second in scoring in the NFL.....the Chiefs finished 6th........playing scared and getting beat would be regrettable, IMO.

The Chiefs defense will be in a real bind if Breeland and Gay are both out or even limited........their defense could be very vulnerable and the Bills are over-due for a big offensive performance.

I don't see it as playing not to lose - the key is converting redzone opportunities into touchdowns.  I just don't want to score too quickly.

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don't see it as playing not to lose - the key is converting redzone opportunities into touchdowns.  I just don't want to score too quickly.

Chiefs are dead last in the league on red zone D. 
https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/chiefs-aim-to-tighten-up-in-red-zone-vs-hot-bills-offense/article_1aa19c2e-5a9b-11eb-aa34-d38ab66404e2.html

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Titans and the Texans last year both got to big leads on the Chiefs and preceded to 'eat clock'- 'run'-AKA play to lose. Bills need to view this game like they did the 2nd Pat's game and continue to kick them while they are down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well when you can't run the ball...

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

???? That is playing to lose.  This D is good enough to be able to come back after a 2 minute TD drive by the Bills Offense and hold the chiefs to 3 or less. McD rotates players for this reason.

17 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

The Titans and the Texans last year both got to big leads on the Chiefs and preceded to 'eat clock'- 'run'-AKA play to lose. Bills need to view this game like they did the 2nd Pat's game and continue to kick them while they are down.

That's my biggest concern for this game. 

McDermott pushing too much "balance" into the offensive game plan and trying to run like the Browns did last week. 

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That's my biggest concern for this game. 

McDermott pushing too much "balance" into the offensive game plan and trying to run like the Browns did last week. 

Teams that beat the chiefs have run for an average of 166/game. Just because the browns don’t have the Qb and WRs to scare the chiefs into selling out on coverage doesn’t mean the bills can’t run it on them. Two very different offenses. The chiefs were focused on stopping the run vs the browns as these should have been, it is the strength of their entire team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Teams that beat the chiefs have run for an average of 166/game. Just because the browns don’t have the Qb and WRs to scare the chiefs into selling out on coverage doesn’t mean the bills can’t run it on them. Two very different offenses. The chiefs were focused on stopping the run vs the browns as these should have been, it is the strength of their entire team. 

That's really misleading. Technically only one team beat the chiefs and it was the raiders. No one should count the week 17 game. 

Also by your own summation, we will have to score 40 points to beat the Chiefs(raiders 40, chargers 38).

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

Well when you can't run the ball...

there is a difference between "can't" and "prefer not to" or "it won't take much to convince us to simply throw it"

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe the independent neurologist is a Bills fan and won't let him play 🤣