Jump to content

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

 

Yes, common knowledge is that an elite running team would obviously be more disadvantaged by heavy winds than an elite passing team.  Of course... Kurt Warner, spot on....

 

((read this post as dripping with sarcasm))

Not to come to Kurt Warner’s defense but if you watched the whole segment he said the games be played in a dome so you could see the best teams advance. Then he immediately goes into the highlights of how the weather was going to effect this game and how it was supposed to favor the Ravens run game but Buffalo’s defense basically dominated them. So I’m the end of the segment one could surmise that it was a compliment towards Buffalo. 
 

I think fans on this board are too quick to be offended. I actually read the comment on this message board and thought we got thrown under the bus. Then I watched it live and realized that people will interpret things however they want. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Through two weeks of the playoffs Josh is 49/72 (68%) for 530 yards, 3 TDs and no INTs.  He also has 54 yards rushing and a TD.  Mistake-free football against VERY good defenses who know the Bills don

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Fred Slacks said:

Not to come to Kurt Warner’s defense but if you watched the whole segment he said the games be played in a dome so you could see the best teams advance. Then he immediately goes into the highlights of how the weather was going to effect this game and how it was supposed to favor the Ravens run game but Buffalo’s defense basically dominated them. So I’m the end of the segment one could surmise that it was a compliment towards Buffalo. 
 

I think fans on this board are too quick to be offended. I actually read the comment on this message board and thought we got thrown under the bus. Then I watched it live and realized that people will interpret things however they want. 

No! He said the Ravens are better! We were disrespected once again! 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Not to come to Kurt Warner’s defense but if you watched the whole segment he said the games be played in a dome so you could see the best teams advance. Then he immediately goes into the highlights of how the weather was going to effect this game and how it was supposed to favor the Ravens run game but Buffalo’s defense basically dominated them. So I’m the end of the segment one could surmise that it was a compliment towards Buffalo. 
 

I think fans on this board are too quick to be offended. I actually read the comment on this message board and thought we got thrown under the bus. Then I watched it live and realized that people will interpret things however they want. 

 

Ah ok, I was reacting to the synopsis and, admittedly, hadn't seen the clip.  

 

That said... I do agree that football should be played indoors in the north.  I know that's blasphemy to some on here, but there's a reason Super Bowls are played inside or in the south. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I've never seen anyone get "choked out" in football, especially in a play that fast.

 

However what it looked like to me, was he got hit in the back of his head (base near neck).  Not to speculate, but like boxing, that is very dangerous area to have force applied.  This could be a concussion, or other head injury.

 

All we know, Mahomes got up and was super unstable for a few moments.  Then ran into the locker room.  Mahomes is one tough dude, he tried to come back into the game when his kneecap was dislocated last year too.

 

Concussion/head issues are super volatile, vary person to person.  Those side affect symptoms take time to settle in and wear off.  We will wait and see, but it is concerning anytime you have a head injury and hope that said player can recover long term.

One of the youtube doctors described this as something similar to hit to the carotid artery in MMA.  Basically you suffer an instant loss of blood flow to the brain for a split second which causes you to look like Mahomes did.  Which I think was definitely the case on this play with how the defenders arm was wrapped around Mahomes neck.

 

As for any other damage that may have been done in terms of a concussion is something we are going to have to wait and see.  Obviously he's in the protocol so they believe he suffered one it's just a matter of how bad it is.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

 

Yes, common knowledge is that an elite running team would obviously be more disadvantaged by heavy winds than an elite passing team.  Of course... Kurt Warner, spot on....

 

((read this post as dripping with sarcasm))

 

I do agree with him about playing inside though... (I'd prefer every team to have an indoor stadium ability) There's a reason Super Bowls aren't played in outdoor stadiums in Buffalo, Foxboro, Green Bay, Pittsburgh etc..

 

 

Maybe but the SB was played at the Meadow lands not to long ago . Long before any teams had domes the game was played the way it was meant to be played out side in the elements so we will agree to disagree but its all good .

 

In todays NFL it's more about the spectacle that is the super bowl and generating as much money as possible the game is a smaller part of the actual equation than the over all experience . I would expect you being from ATL and building 2 dome stadiums in 20- yrs to have a different out look too .

 

But it would be a totally different NFL if there were no Lambo field no Bills Stadium no Cleveland Stadium no Baltimore Stadium sure every thing would be exactly the same for every team which some would love but I love the Bills experience every time i go to a home game !

 

I quit watching Nascar for that exact reason it use to be ford against Chevy, Buick , Olds, Plymouth, Dodge, now its every single car has to be exactly the same no one really has any advantage IMHO very blah .

 

The Super Bowl i can agree with you though it should be the 2 best teams and the weather shouldn't be a factor but man i don't want the NBA experience i want the NFL experience with all it's differences it makes each team individual in its own right .

 

Be safe enjoy the games ...

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bills1717 said:

 

 

Man, Bloodsport was such a good movie 


Bloodsport is one of those movies I have to watch any time I catch it on TV.  
 

Last time I watched it, I went down a major internet rabbit hole to research the real Frank Dux. Supposedly, a lot of people have accused him of fabricating his Kumite victory.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


Bloodsport is one of those movies I have to watch any time I catch it on TV.  
 

Last time I watched it, I went down a major internet rabbit hole to research the real Frank Dux. Supposedly, a lot of people have accused him of fabricating his Kumite victory.  

Independence Day, Either national treasure movie, The mummy trilogy...... The list is long for me. LOL.

 

 

.... movies i would never pay to see but i will watch every dang time!

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T master said:

 

Maybe but the SB was played at the Meadow lands not to long ago . Long before any teams had domes the game was played the way it was meant to be played out side in the elements so we will agree to disagree but its all good .

 

In todays NFL it's more about the spectacle that is the super bowl and generating as much money as possible the game is a smaller part of the actual equation than the over all experience . I would expect you being from ATL and building 2 dome stadiums in 20- yrs to have a different out look too .

 

But it would be a totally different NFL if there were no Lambo field no Bills Stadium no Cleveland Stadium no Baltimore Stadium sure every thing would be exactly the same for every team which some would love but I love the Bills experience every time i go to a home game !

 

I quit watching Nascar for that exact reason it use to be ford against Chevy, Buick , Olds, Plymouth, Dodge, now its every single car has to be exactly the same no one really has any advantage IMHO very blah .

 

The Super Bowl i can agree with you though it should be the 2 best teams and the weather shouldn't be a factor but man i don't want the NBA experience i want the NFL experience with all it's differences it makes each team individual in its own right .

 

Be safe enjoy the games ...

 

 

 

 

 

Yea, i'm from NY but have lived down south for 10 years now.  The Mercedes-Benz Stadium is awesome.  Josh Allen would shatter records playing in a place like that. 

 

That said - I completely understand the sentiment you have.  No Lambeau, no Brady snow games in Foxboro...like it or not, that stuff is legend.  

 

If we were a ground and pound team, I might even have a different outlook.. but we are a high flying pass heavy team and spending every home game watching wind forecasts is becoming incredibly frustrating.  

 

That said, with McDermott being a defensive beast of a HC, if Allen learns to throw in the wind... well then, MASSIVE home field advantage.

  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

One of the youtube doctors described this as something similar to hit to the carotid artery in MMA.  Basically you suffer an instant loss of blood flow to the brain for a split second which causes you to look like Mahomes did.  Which I think was definitely the case on this play with how the defenders arm was wrapped around Mahomes neck.

 

As for any other damage that may have been done in terms of a concussion is something we are going to have to wait and see.  Obviously he's in the protocol so they believe he suffered one it's just a matter of how bad it is.

Funny thing is....

 

When it happened yesterday I posted it almost immediately that it wasn't a concussion (by the definition of concussion of brain hitting the skull) and basically described what the Youtube Doctor did and I was basically thrown under the bus by some posters here about how wrong I was.  And When Mahomes was in concussion protocol i had to basically admit I was wrong even though I didn't believe I was.

 

I think the league put him in concussion protocol due to perception.   The team could not well know what happened until afterwards and evaluating him.  

 

Mahomes will play and will clear protocol quickly.  That is just my take.  

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just have to say that I hope mahomes is ok and able to play. He seems like a great dude. Always classy on social media toward other teams and players. 

i had a buddy(stillers fan) text me this morning about getting a "late christmas present" when it came to mahomes. i snapped back immediately that i WANT him to play just so we dont have to deal with that lame narrative. Bring'm on..... and I agree. seems like a stand up dude. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

 

Ah ok, I was reacting to the synopsis and, admittedly, hadn't seen the clip.  

 

That said... I do agree that football should be played indoors in the north.  I know that's blasphemy to some on here, but there's a reason Super Bowls are played inside or in the south. 

His argument essentially is you want to see the best teams advance with all their weapons at full capabilities. Hard to argue. I mean look how good josh Allen had played this season in domes and good weather. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i had a buddy(stillers fan) text me this morning about getting a "late christmas present" when it came to mahomes. i snapped back immediately that i WANT him to play just so we dont have to deal with that lame narrative. Bring'm on..... and I agree. seems like a stand up dude. 

I think he and Josh have a mutual respect with each other and it’s cool to see them square off in a game of this magnitude. Plus I think we can beat them either way. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just have to say that I hope mahomes is ok and able to play. He seems like a great dude. Always classy on social media toward other teams and players. 


This is where I am at. I really don’t like a lot of those chiefs players. But Mahomes is great. 
 

this may not happen, but it would be great to have his status determined and hopefully confirmed ASAP.  I think the uncertainty over his condition is going to just detract from the run-up to what should be a great game. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

Funny thing is....

 

When it happened yesterday I posted it almost immediately that it wasn't a concussion (by the definition of concussion of brain hitting the skull) and basically described what the Youtube Doctor did and I was basically thrown under the bus by some posters here about how wrong I was.  And When Mahomes was in concussion protocol i had to basically admit I was wrong even though I didn't believe I was.

 

I think the league put him in concussion protocol due to perception.   The team could not well know what happened until afterwards and evaluating him.  

 

Mahomes will play and will clear protocol quickly.  That is just my take.  

 

 

 

 

People shot down your take because you stated (or similar to this): that you sometimes have similar issues (legs or limbs numb) when turning/contorting your neck...

 

Nobody knows what thr deal is yet, and the nfl doesn't put mahomes in the protocol.  It is a team physician and independent neurologists (hired by nfl).

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes is playing.  I'm not reporting any news, but I think we all know that he will be cleared.

 

The injury to watch is Mahomes foot.  He kills teams with his ability to prance for first downs.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...