AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

Just now, Westside Madness said:

I don't post on other teams boards, but I do browse them. I though a solid number of you all were tools; but man, that is definitely something over there. Maybe its the football mixed with Missouri? Like Akron/Jamestown on meth?

I don't post either and honestly, the people from here that do post are usually pretty respectful.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Golden said:

Early Forecast in KC, Sunday evening, January 24:

Some Sleet & wind gust of 21 mph. 
temps below freezing. 

Early forecast for gametime is around 40 degrees, dipping to high 30s by 9pm. Wind around 7 mph and 40% chance of precipitation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

I don't post on other teams boards, but I do browse them. I though a solid number of you all were tools; but man, that is definitely something over there. Maybe its the football mixed with Missouri? Like Akron/Jamestown on meth?

Who doesn’t love The Ozarks?!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Pretty f'in cocky for sure.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336394

Matter2003 was putting in some work and being respectful and they pretty much just pissed on everything they said (with the exception of one person on their board).

Chiefs fans get a lot of undeserved praise.  They’re pretty annoying and they’re also still pissed that we kept knocking them out of the playoffs in the ‘90s.  In ‘95 I happened to be in KC during the summer visiting my grandfather and the Bills were playing the Chiefs in a preseason game, so I went.  I wore a Bills shirt but nothing obnoxious.  Minding my own business walking through the parking lot on my way into the stadium, a fat lady in a lawn chair caught my eye and silently extended her middle finger at me.  

Guess you can’t expect much more from a fan base that did the tomahawk chop for years after it was no longer considered cool.

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

The chiefs secondary is abysmal

they just lost another CB today, Baker threw all over them. 

Even if Mahomes gets rushed back next week he won’t be 100%. 

4 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Chiefs don't have close to the quality of defense that the Dolphins, Ravens or even the Colts do. That's something. 

3 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Imagine playing one game against the browns and going to the AFC Championship game. 

That 1 seed is a hell of a thing.

3 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Kc pass defense is exploitable, and kc offense hasn't looked like the unstoppable td machine in weeks. Biggest concern is Andy Reid, the guy consistently shows why he's an elite coach every week. He will have a plan for Josh.

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

KC defense is no where near as talented at that Raven's D was.

1st thing that needs to be addressed here....The Chiefs defense is good.  This isn't the 2018 Chiefs D...it was good last year...it's good this year.  Ranked top 3 VS the pass, and if you minus out the week 17 game where we played all backups...KC was 6th best in total points....furthermore..KC LED THE LEAUGE in fewest receptions allowed to WR's.  

Tyrann Mathieu is every bit as good as you've ever heard or thought he was....and we have a kids playing CB named L'Jarious Sneed who does everything...he's the best CB you've never heard of...go look him up.  Baker had 200 yards passing today.  KC didn't get torn up by their run game either.  It was a good performance.

Also...I saw some talk here that Bashaud Breeland, one of our CB, was out during the game and went to concussion protocol....true...but again...go look at rankigns...ALL our CB are good.  Fenton was out today with an ankle..he'll be back next week.

CEH will be back.

Now, as far as Mahomes...what you might not have noticed was he RAN to the locker room on his own after leaving the feield...he didn't take a hit..but he was jerked by teh neck and kind of choked.  I'm not saying he wasn't concussed, but he came around pretty quick.  I expect him back.

Buffalo is a good team and belongs in the AFCCG...I am looking forward to it.  

As far as the Chiefs fan base....Internet Chiefs fans are.......pretty crappy.  As I said, I don't do Chiefs Planet...I am in some facebook groups...but 80% of the poeple on there....not the sharpest.

There is a major divide...seems like we have about 20% of our fans...who are super knowledgable and very gracious and would invite any bills fan to a tailgate and have beers....and then there are the internet fans.....75% of the fans you'd encounter at a Chiefs game at arrowhead would be good....the others are camaroheads....and they are ridiculed and denouced by the rest of us.  It is what it is.

I can't wait for this game....I of course want KC to win...but I can't express how pleased I am that after the trade, and then you guys getting Allen...how it's all worked out and now here in 2021 we are the top 2 teams left standing in the AFC....who would have thunk it?  Good luck this Sunday.....but GOOOOO CHIEFFFS!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Teams know what it takes to clear this protocols with the independent doctors. They will push it just like any team would considering its AFCCG. He might not practice every practice they have, but he has played in the system long enough to get upto speed before Sunday.

Until we know later in the week whether Mahomes will play I offer these observations from Reid's post game presser.

Reid is usually a straight shooter.  I don't think lying comes naturally to him. 

When asked questions he usually gazes straight at the questioner (or the Zoom screen).  When asked about Mahomes' condition in the Presser he said several times that Mahomes was "good" but each time he said that he looked down.  This is often a tell that the speaker doesn't believe what he is saying.

I think that Reid is concerned about Mahomes.  This is not to say that Mahomes won't recover sufficiently to play next week.  He did, however, look pretty bad today and that may explain Reid's concern.

As far as I'm concerned, to be the best you have to beat the best.

My 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 4

Look at this knob cheese  comment from Chiefs Planet

Listen, it's simple, the Bills don't have the weapons to keep pace. If Sammy and Clyde play they are ****ed. When Sammy Watkins is an afterthought and 4th or 5th on your list of worries you are freaking screwed. Who is the Bills 4th and 5th weapons I seriously can't name them without pulling up a depth chart. Make life difficult on Diggs and make someone else beat you we're home free.

Diggs, Beasley, Brown, Davis, Knox, McKenzie..

They can keep pace and better

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

1st thing that needs to be addressed here....The Chiefs defense is good.  This isn't the 2018 Chiefs D...it was good last year...it's good this year.  Ranked top 3 VS the pass, and if you minus out the week 17 game where we played all backups...KC was 6th best in total points....furthermore..KC LED THE LEAUGE in fewest receptions allowed to WR's.  

Tyrann Mathieu is every bit as good as you've ever heard or thought he was....and we have a kids playing CB named L'Jarious Sneed who does everything...he's the best CB you've never heard of...go look him up.  Baker had 200 yards passing today.  KC didn't get torn up by their run game either.  It was a good performance.

Also...I saw some talk here that Bashaud Breeland, one of our CB, was out during the game and went to concussion protocol....true...but again...go look at rankigns...ALL our CB are good.  Fenton was out today with an ankle..he'll be back next week.

CEH will be back.

Now, as far as Mahomes...what you might not have noticed was he RAN to the locker room on his own after leaving the feield...he didn't take a hit..but he was jerked by teh neck and kind of choked.  I'm not saying he wasn't concussed, but he came around pretty quick.  I expect him back.

Buffalo is a good team and belongs in the AFCCG...I am looking forward to it.  

As far as the Chiefs fan base....Internet Chiefs fans are.......pretty crappy.  As I said, I don't do Chiefs Planet...I am in some facebook groups...but 80% of the poeple on there....not the sharpest.

There is a major divide...seems like we have about 20% of our fans...who are super knowledgable and very gracious and would invite any bills fan to a tailgate and have beers....and then there are the internet fans.....75% of the fans you'd encounter at a Chiefs game at arrowhead would be good....the others are camaroheads....and they are ridiculed and denouced by the rest of us.  It is what it is.

I can't wait for this game....I of course want KC to win...but I can't express how pleased I am that after the trade, and then you guys getting Allen...how it's all worked out and now here in 2021 we are the top 2 teams left standing in the AFC....who would have thunk it?  Good luck this Sunday.....but GOOOOO CHIEFFFS!

I’m sorry I forgot you were standing there. You may go now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have read multiple doctors saying that it’s really the next 24 hours that you have to watch for symptoms to develop.  I hope Mahomes is okay, but it seems pretty irresponsible for Reid to be spitballing here. 

thank you for saying what Ive been thinking. He in no way shape or form should be spouting absolutes when it involves a possible brain injury..I dont see Neurologist credentials after his name it irritates me he is saying it without qualifiers Ive officially lost some respect for him not only as a coach but a person. Irresponsible, likely disingenuous and definitely premature.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Took a peak at the Chiefs forum and their Bills discussion. 

As politely as possible, let me just say...they seem both highly unintelligent and thoroughly devoid of class and decorum.

They are without a doubt the most arrogant nasty fan base in the entire league and thats saying something.......I hope to God we pound them into oblivion

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

They are without a doubt the most arrogant nasty fan base in the entire league and thats saying something.......I hope to God we pound them into oblivion

I know my view is tainted by rivalry stink but any and all fanbases have their good and bad fans...the ones I have found the most insufferable though have been the jets, the steelers, the pats and the chiefs. Of all the away games Ive attended the worst experience I had was in san diego and the best was againt the Raiders in the LA Coliseum.....Its very much subjective and not an exact science just my personal observations of being an NFL fan for many years and attended away Bills games in about 10 different venues.

I couldn’t believe when they showed the man of the year nominees on the broadcast.  Myles “helmet smash” Garrett and Travis “24/7/365 douche” Kelce?  Really?  I’m sure both teams can do better.  Hunt, Hill, Baker and Landry are also reprobates but I’m sure both teams have some really great dudes.

5 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

You’re judging an entire fanbase on some online schmucks. The fans at Arrowhead were incredibly welcoming to our small group of Bills fans. I even got fed some great ribs at the tailgate. The recent success has bred some bandwagoners with bad attitudes, but I can’t say they are the majority whatsoever. One of my best friends is a Chiefs fan and he’s a great guy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I’m pretty sure it’s been posted a ton in this thread , but stay away from chiefsplanet.....over there the Chiefs are the NFL and the other 31 teams are around just to be the Chiefs punching bag sheesh

”if Mahommes plays we win, if Henne plays it’s a coin flip”

Cocky bunch of guys over there for winning one Super Bowl......you’d think they’ve won the last 4 or something.

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

will be interesting to see what defense shows up v. KC.  In week 6 we still had a terrible run D.  It’s somewhat better now.  But containing CHE and the TE’s and WR is a tall order.  Lets get it done!!!

We’ve played 2 good running teams back to back and done a good job against the run in both games. Outside of 2 runs in the Colts game we held them to 3 yards a carry. We held Baltimore to 3 points. I think we give the Chiefs all they can handle and get out of Arrowhead with the W.

Edited by streetkings01
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1