AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

This is what I'm saying.

I try to post with an awareness that 12 year olds may be reading.  Others show no such concern.  Sorry if it bothers you that it bothers me.

It doesn't bother me. I'm saying I've never seen it. I am talking of an entire thread post after post. 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Re the running game, I had been thinking that Daboll has a lot up his sleeve re getting Singletary involved a lot this week. I think we will commit to running a bit more and you can tell the oline is champing at the bit to run the ball. Those linemen were going nuts when we got a few good runs last week. They want to pound the rock. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

What in the link you provided makes you come to that conclusion?

Nothing in the link specifically.  I just believe he will get through concussion protocol and his toe isnt going to keep him out of the game or even playing well.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

This whole video is a great watch, but the 15:25 mark is the juicy part.

Nice, and I often thought that Mahomes' deep drops should have led to more sacks, but he had so many weapons that he could often improvise and dump it off in a hurry. However on those 2nd and 3rd and long plays where he wants to get it all back on a single play, he is definitely vulnerable to an outside speed rush.

KC finds ways of getting it done and it is a credit to just how creative Andy Reid is, but they have not really blown out many teams this year.

43 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I rewatched some of that game today and I'd completely forgotten how in the game we were. I remembered the end where we scored so we were down just one score and our D was unable to stop them getting into FG range to ice it, but my memory was that they never looked threatened by the Bills.

I forgot we missed a FG at the end of the first half that would have tied it. We also committed some stupid penalties that allowed them to continue drives we would have stopped. We also went for it on 4th and short and failed on a QB sneak which we usually convert (it didn't matter anyway as there was another flag on Buffalo). 

If this team plays smart and as disciplined on D as they did against the Ravens, we could really shock them

I agree.  I remember in that game we had just ripped an 8 yard run and had 2nd & 2 at the KC 45 at the two minute warning before the first half ended.  On the next play we ran the ball and lost SIX YARDS!  Then we didn't convert the 3rd down.  I also think we were only down 13 - 10 at that point.

That was also the game that Allen threw a great long pass to Diggs at the back of the end zone that he couldn't come down with.  Now I know that Diggs probably catches that pass nine times out of ten.

There are good reasons for us to be confident going into this game and that game is one of them.

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In some ways this may have been one of Allen's better games. Saturday night called for a game manager that could make a couple of plays on offense  People outside Buffalo can't understand the limits on a passing game when it's blowing that hard out.  Combine the wind with a truly top notch, ball hawking Ravens defense and you had the perfect recipe for a couple for turnovers.

I think the Bills were really confident they could shut Jackson down and would only need 20 points to win the game.  The only thing that would have screwed that up would have been careless Bills TO's.  Allen executed the game plan exactly as McD/Frazier/Debold envisioned it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

In some ways this may have been one of Allen's better games. Saturday night called for a game manager that could make a couple of plays on offense  People outside Buffalo can't understand the limits on a passing game when it's blowing that hard out.  Combine the wind with a truly top notch, ball hawking Ravens defense and you had the perfect recipe for a couple for turnovers.

I think the Bills were really confident they could shut Jackson down and would only need 20 points to win the game.  The only thing that would have screwed that up would have been careless Bills TO's.  Allen executed the game plan exactly as McD/Frazier/Debold envisioned it.

Yes, I know he had one fumble we recovered, but aside from that Josh played essentially mistake-free football and led the Bills into scoring position four times with less than 25 minutes of possession time.  Gabe dropped a TD and Bass missed two kicks.  He didn't throw anything even close to being picked off and still completed 62% in that wind.  Anyone "worried" about Josh Allen or the offense needs to stand down.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He certainly stood out in the Ravens game.  I wonder how many times he and Zimmer were on the field at the same time?  After the first drive, it seemed to me Oliver saw less PT in the first half...?