NFL Network replaying the Bills vs Ravens (2019) and Bill / Chiefs (2020) this week

NFL Network replaying the Bills Ravens game from last year on Thursday at 3:00 pm as well as on Saturday at 4:30 pm. They are also replaying KC Chiefs vs Buffalo from this year at 3:00 pm on Friday. Personally I don't want to be depressed so I will not watch them. More of a public service announcement.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I sure hope we win this time!!!

Since that is unlikely, I’ll settle for beating those two teams in the next two weeks! Yeah, THAT works for me! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

NFL Network replaying the Bills Ravens game from last year on Thursday at 3:00 pm as well as on Saturday at 4:30 pm. They are also replaying KC Chiefs vs Buffalo from this year at 3:00 pm on Friday. Personally I don't want to be depressed so I will not watch them. More of a public service announcement.

That Ravens game really pissed me off because we were supposed be to this All-World D that didn't get it done that day.  IIRC, Poyer got beat TWICE by their TE which lead to 1 or 2 direct TD's.  We lost by 7. 

1 hour ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

That Ravens game really pissed me off because we were supposed be to this All-World D that didn't get it done that day.  IIRC, Poyer got beat TWICE by their TE which lead to 1 or 2 direct TD's.  We lost by 7. 

As I recall, our defense played pretty damn good...but our offense couldn't score points.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Were you drinking that day?... Defense let up a TD due to a blown coverage but were otherwise excellent. The offense and Allen specifically, were pretty bad. Ironically the script has been flipped for this years Bills team. Allen and the offense are excellent and the defense is pretty meh. 

Guna be an interesting game for sure. 

Allen got better as the game progressed, but we had way too many drops. Also Motor had a nice game, like 87 yards rushing on 15 carries. 

I just rewatched the game. Soooo many missed opportunities by the offense and terrible punts by our punter. I feel a lot more confident about this game after rewatching.    I think our offense is way better than last year, but I don’t think this years Ravens team is better than last years Ravens. In that game 3 plays contributed to the Ravens scoring.....strip sack fumble, blown coverage to the TE Hurst and the roughing the passer on LJ after we stopped them on 4th down that led to a TD. Ravens needed help to score points.

I’m telling you....I think we dominate the Ravens.

Edited by streetkings01

I’ve always thought about that game that it was so uncharacteristic for a blown coverage to happen the way it did with the Hurst touchdown. Ironically it happened last week with Doyle’s touchdown. You just don’t see this very often with how disciplined our defense is. 

5 hours ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

I just don't get this sentiment. Everyone in the entire NFL, every team, player, coach, etc. gets beat on individual plays. ALL the time. That's football. You just have to try to win more plays than you get beat on.

It is impossible for a player or team to win every single down, or every single drive. It just doesn't happen. Even in games where you blow out the other team, the other team still wins some downs.

That's why it doesn't make sense to criticize players for individual plays taken out of context. This is what people do with Josh Allen all the time. They say "look at this one bad play right here" and they try to use the one bad play to discredit the rest of his good plays, even ignore when he throws for 75% completion percentage, over 300 yards passing, and scores 3 TD's with no INT's.

You have to evaluate individual plays within the larger framework and within context. And if a player got beat, you have to consider, is this player getting beat a lot? Is he also winning his fair share of matchups? Is he getting beat when it matters most? Is this a trend?

I think especially guys like Taron Johnson and Levi Wallace (even All-Pro Tre White) get unfairly criticized all the time because of the nature of their position and because people remember one or two plays and disregard the rest.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I re-watched the Ravens game on gamepass.  Allen missed a bunch of throws in that game that he now makes.  Honestly it was hard to watch at times.  He has improved so much.

Just watching the recap of that game it was obvious how much different he looks now.  He was doing his Tyrod imitation in that game last year...could never find a throw he liked enough to make.

He and our offense this year are totally different and much better!

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Just watching the recap of that game it was obvious how much different he looks now.  He was doing his Tyrod imitation in that game last year...could never find a throw he liked enough to make.

He and our offense this year are totally different and much better!

Our small receivers also got bullied in that game. They were getting mugged all day and the refs didn't want to call it. So a lot of times he didn't have anywhere to throw.