Jump to content

Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Magox said:

 

 

Looking healthy.   Darryl Williams you'd like to see out there for special teams but not a huge loss.   Good to see Stefon and Oliver back to full and Beasley obviously is still on the mend but at least his injury designation is not at questionable meaning he's healthier than he was last week at this time.   I'd say the Bills are pretty dang healthy going into the playoffs aside from Moss.


agreed. I think we were all sweating bullets re Edmunds and Oliver mostly. 
 

Beasley is going to play through his injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone that says they are afraid of the Ravens, or that they are praying for us to have a chance, is getting banned. I already confirmed with @Chandler#81   You are fans of an 13-3 football

Hey y'all,   Ravens fan checking in. I've spent every couple minutes I get between meetings catching up on this thread (while I was waiting for my account to be approved - thanks!) and I'm s

We need to be aggressive early and put the Ravens in a hole. I don't care if the Ravens are practically begging us to run the ball. Pass it anyways. Force Lamar Jackson to throw the ball playing catch

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Don’t see a lot of ppl talk about the fact that the ravens run game is much better and more dynamic this year than it was last season. 
 

 

Care to provide more detail? 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Figster said:

I get the football is meant to be played outside mentality. 

 

On the other hand watching the weather report. 17mph winds does not help our QB. Allen has already commented on how  a controlled enviroment helps him. The longer the throws the more wind becomes a factor in the accuracy. Nobody stretches the field like Josh Allen and the Bills. Buffalo better be prepared to run the football and stop the run.

 

 

C J Yeldon has been waiting for this moment to come for a very long. Team needs you Yeldon. Hold on to the football and run!!! 

It's also goin to hurt Jackson more, anytime you don't have a true spiral on the ball the wind effects it even more. I'll take my chances with JA throwing in the wind, he has what it takes to make the most of it.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to go out on a limb here and say if JA plays "like a cyborg from another planet" then we win easily.  We will probably even handle one TO.  Two TOs (on Buffalo) and it will probably be a close game.  If JA brings his B game we probably still win, just closer/a nail biter again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Don’t see a lot of ppl talk about the fact that the ravens run game is much better and more dynamic this year than it was last season. 
 

 

Ravens 2019 rushing ypg: 206.0

Ravens 2020 rushing ypg: 191.9

 

Ravens 2019 passing ypg: 201.6

Ravens 2020 passing ypg: 171.2

 

They are not more dynamic than last year at all. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Schopp is insufferable right now about Lamar Jackson.  
 

He would bet, long term, on Lamar over Allen because “there’s more evidence..”

 

uh, ok

 

Who did we hurt to have this guy forced on us?  
 

Bulldog... thank you for defending, oh, you know, our MVP candidate (passing) QB. 

 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Don’t see a lot of ppl talk about the fact that the ravens run game is much better and more dynamic this year than it was last season. 
 

 

If the same season average of  5.5 YPC and 225 less total rushing yards on the year- albeit on 40 less carries - is "much better and dynamic" then you have a point.

 

Where I grew up we'd call it a wash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

 

Diggs was limited last week and he did fine.  At this point there's no reason to risk a foot or leg injury with the WR's during practice so you go easy.

 

My frustration with the TE's & RB's beyond their inability to be productive in the passing game, is that with the focus opposing teams have to put on our WR's they should be making some big plays.  The biggest TE play of the kind I'm talking about this year was the Smith catch against NE.  Allen routinely hits our RB's in space with quick throws and almost every time they get brought down by the first tackler. 

 

I've  been expecting a breakout game by Knox & Singletery in the passing game every week.  Saturday night would be a great time for it to happen.

 

 

Well regarding Diggs there is that oblique thingy. I live with that as a chronic condition.  Mine is quite mild and no biggy but I can easily imagine a more serious one being very painful, though pain by itself can be managed. Not trying to be alarmist but I am concerned about the health of our main receiving targets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Don’t see a lot of ppl talk about the fact that the ravens run game is much better and more dynamic this year than it was last season. 
 

 

Because it isn't? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Magox said:

 

 

Looking healthy.   Darryl Williams you'd like to see out there for special teams but not a huge loss.   Good to see Stefon and Oliver back to full and Beasley obviously is still on the mend but at least his injury designation is not at questionable meaning he's healthier than he was last week at this time.   I'd say the Bills are pretty dang healthy going into the playoffs aside from Moss.

 

You mean Darryl Johnson??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp is insufferable right now about Lamar Jackson.  
 

He would bet, long term, on Lamar over Allen because “there’s more evidence..”

 

uh, ok

 

Who did we hurt to have this guy forced on us?  
 

Bulldog... thank you for defending, oh, you know, our MVP candidate QB. 

I am listening to this as well. Almost comical-it's always prove more to me Josh with him it seems. Then he drools over Lamar!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

It's also goin to hurt Jackson more, anytime you don't have a true spiral on the ball the wind effects it even more. I'll take my chances with JA throwing in the wind, he has what it takes to make the most of it.

Greg Roman and Lamar Jackson could care less about throwing the football IMO.

 

I'm hoping the bad traction does however hurt Jacksons ability to change directiions. 

 

Daboll's no dummy, Allen can also run the football and is more of a downhill runner then Jackson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp is insufferable right now about Lamar Jackson.  
 

He would bet, long term, on Lamar over Allen because “there’s more evidence..”

 

uh, ok

 

Who did we hurt to have this guy forced on us?  
 

Bulldog... thank you for defending, oh, you know, our MVP candidate QB. 

 

If Lamar loses his ability to run via an injury he immediately becomes an average starter because he can't beat you primarily throwing the ball.

 

If Allen loses his ability to run he can still beat you from the pocket. 

 

Huge difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

 

If Lamar loses his ability to run via an injury he immediately becomes an average starter because he can't beat you primarily throwing the ball.

 

If Allen loses his ability to run he can still beat you from the pocket. 

 

Huge difference. 

I would even say he is below average if the running is gone.  He is averaging 184 ypg passing this year.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...