Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

big difference 

GB has a power running game, we don’t. 

also Ravens secondary is miles ahead of the titans, comparing the two is a really bad take 

That came into play more in the second half.  Gb got up bc Rodgers was throwing lazers all over the field.  The team that can throw in these games wins.  Buffalo will run enough like all season.  

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious here, @AllDayLJJosh Allen went off about LJ in one of his pressers this week - check it out if you haven't (if that youtube link doesn't work it's on buffalobills.com).  2:50 in though you might be interested in the start, he's talking about John Harbaugh.  He says a lot of complimentary things about Lamar as a person.  Comes across as a fanboy actually,  then of course ends with "this weekend he's the Enemy and we both know that." 

Just wondering if you've ever heard LJ be asked about Josh Allen or say anything about him.

It's out there.  It was a mutual love fest between the two QBs this week.

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Couple thoughts.  

See some talk about the Ravens only putting 20 up on Titans, but their D really held a good offense down.  Thats what scares me the most.  Whether its Titans play calling or OL worse at pass pro than run block or Ravens are that good I dont know, but thats what worries me the most.  I am hopeful with the way we have been tested and responded all season (last week is a great example of a team that wont back down if things do go their way at all).  On Simms and Florio, I like them picking against us.  I think we have done well in those situations, and i saw rodney harrison (Dungy also eye rolled) correct Florio's line of "the Bills have to be second guessing themselves."  Both teams got a big weight of their shoulders and will be playing loose.  So excited for this game.

The Ravens offense was very mediocre against the Titans. And while the pure stats may tell you otherwise, we actually didn't have that great of a running day. I think both Edwards and Dobbins were held to only 80 or so total yard between the two. LJ getting 130+ is what skewed the stats.

On the other side of the ball, the defense balled out. Henry could barely get past the line of scrimmage most plays, and we just shifted the line a yard back seemingly every play.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think Allen was the major reason they lost that game last year.... but just about everyone offensively had a rough outing. 

I dont disagree about Allen's play, but three huge missed blocks, two leading to sack (one fumble), by Knox and the two crucial drops that killed drives were hugely to blame for that loss. No way around that. 

Allen wont play like he did last year, that I can guarantee. I HOPE Knox has grown past that point. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious here, @AllDayLJJosh Allen went off about LJ in one of his pressers this week - check it out if you haven't (if that youtube link doesn't work it's on buffalobills.com).  2:50 in though you might be interested in the start, he's talking about John Harbaugh.  He says a lot of complimentary things about Lamar as a person.  Comes across as a fanboy actually,  then of course ends with "this weekend he's the Enemy and we both know that." 

Just wondering if you've ever heard LJ be asked about Josh Allen or say anything about him.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

I think we're two ships passing in the night here - we're not comparing the same thing. LJ would never do that. He's a quiet, humble dude. However, a defense full of very aggressive players and the biggest trash talker in the league (maybe second behind Ramsey) making the INT, is a different story.

His refusal to shake hands with his opponents after the game was a real class act.

• Eyeroll 1

Totally surprised at how many bills fans are wishing for a snow game 

have they not see our team play in bad weather?

chiefs game: Allen’s worst game, couldn’t get anything going all game

Pittsburgh 1sf half: it was sleeting, maybe our worst 1st half of the season for the offense. 2nd half it was clear and we improved 

• Like (+1) 3

One point of clarification. I've seen a couple comments the last 50 pages or so about our "TEs". We really only have 1 now.

Last year we had three tight ends and it was fantastic. We had Andrews, Hurst and Boyle.

This off-season we traded Hurst to the Falcons, leaving us two. Then Boyle got hurt during the Patriots game. We've picked up Eric Tomlinson, but he's basically a non-factor.

That's changed our offense this year. Those 3-TE sets were absolute daggers to defenses, and that part of our offense is just gone. Poof.

12 minutes ago, FLFan said:

His refusal to shake hands with his opponents after the game was a real class act.

Ugh. I can't stand comments like this. They're short-sighted and frustrating. If you read even one article on LJ you would know that's not him at all. He a legitimately very, very nice dude.

He actually said after the game he wanted to pull the team off the field so that they DIDN'T get into it with the Titans. He knew emotions were high because of what's happened the last couple games and then the defense going out onto the logo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

Ugh. I can't stand comments like this. They're short-sighted and frustrating. If you read even one article on LJ you would know that's not him at all. He a legitimately very, very nice dude.

He actually said after the game he wanted to pull the team off the field so that they DIDN'T get into it with the Titans. He knew emotions were high because of what's happened the last couple games and then the defense going out onto the logo.

Exactly. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Pittsburgh 1sf half: it was sleeting, maybe our worst 1st half of the season for the offense. 2nd half it was clear and we improved 

Was it his bum shoulder or the weather?

• Like (+1) 1

"To me, tackling him ... you better throw big bodies at him because he's a big body," Martindale said. "I told the defense earlier: 'We need to tackle him like you tackle Henry because that's the way he runs.' He's a tough challenge that we have."

Baltimore D Coordinator talking about Allen. I hope this results in Allen staying healthy and multiple 15 yards penalties on them.

10 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

We didn't play well against in that stretch and weather wasn't the reason.  We struggled against the Titans, Pats and Jets in that time and all had good weather.

The weather wasn't bad against the Steelers.  If it was, Big Ben wouldn't have throw it 37 times and Allen wouldn't have thrown it 43 times.

6 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

"To me, tackling him ... you better throw big bodies at him because he's a big body," Martindale said. "I told the defense earlier: 'We need to tackle him like you tackle Henry because that's the way he runs.' He's a tough challenge that we have."

Baltimore D Coordinator talking about Allen. I hope this results in Allen staying healthy and multiple 15 yards penalties on them.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that - “roughing the passer”