Credit to Leslie Frazier on that final possession

Simon

10 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I’ll give credit to Frazier for Weeks 11-17 but this week I will not.  Giving up back to back 2 minute TD drives to the Colts offense is inexcusable.  The 3rd down D today was atrocious as well.  We didn’t flush one of the least mobile QBs from the pocket once the entire game. 

The colts had 10 points at the half.  We had a goal line stand in which they didn’t score.  They ended up with 24 points, tied for their least points scored in their last 12 games.  The colt offense is good.  Taylor averaged 3.7 ypc, his lowest in 7 games.  He averaged 5ypc on the season.  Frazier tried to take away their biggest threat in Taylor, and was fairly successful. That allowed them to get their TEs involved.  Hines made some nice runs after we had missed some tackles.  Maybe Frazier should’ve made the tackles for them.

the colts played a good game minus a couple mistakes by Reich.  Give them credit, not dump on Frazier 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Weatherman said:

I think we have the highest paid DL in the league.  To say they’re not NFL caliber makes no sense.  

Don't care about salaries or draft position.

Jefferson, Zimmer, Phillips and Butler have been playing like fringe NFL players at best.

Addison is invisible, Epenesa is wet behind the ears and even Hughes has reached the point where he's saving himself for late in the game.

It's a huge problem on the interior, although less so at End.

I just think it's soooo hard to play good defense when your Front 7 is overmatched every single week.

• Like (+1) 1

That's awesome!

My question is where was this great play calling the rest of the game. D got absolutely gashed, owned and embarrassed. They should be signing over their playoff checks to one: Joshua Patrick Allen..

Edited by billsbackto81

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

Don't care about salaries or draft position.

Jefferson, Zimmer, Phillips and Butler have been playing like fringe NFL players at best.

Addison is invisible, Epenesa is wet behind the ears and even Hughes has reached the point where he's saving himself for late in the game.

It's a huge problem on the interior, although less so at End.

I just think it's soooo hard to play good defense when your Front 7 is overmatched every single week.

Who hired those “fringe NFL player”?  If you think Beane did it without consulting our DC you’re mistaken.  

Edited by Weatherman

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

That's awesome!

My question is where was this great play calling the rest of the game. D got absolutely gashed, owned and embarrassed. They should be signing over their playoff checks to one: Joshua Patrick Allen..

Do you know what has been the lowest point total Frank Reich's offense has had since Week 9 this year?

24 points.

2 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

What about the wide open 30 yard TD from their TE? 

What about it?

Tre blew a coverage.

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

Who hired those “fringe NFL player”?  If you think Beane did it without consulting our DC your mistaken.  

You want to blame a co-ordinator for the GM's mistakes?

Nevermind....

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

No negative things the Bills created today.

-No sacks

-No turnovers

-No 3 and outs

I expect better From him and MCD with this defence going forward

Can't argue with any of that.

But I do think that's more of a personnel issue on the defensive interior than a coaching issue.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So fire Frazier.?

No clue as to what management will do in the off season.  This D has clearly taken a huge step in the wrong direction.  Is that the play calling, the players or both?  It’s something that should be assessed, if they think a there’s a D coordinator that can improve the D than they will, if not they won’t.  

It was a poor performance by the D overall. I am not sure if Frazier can be faulted for missed coverages and sloppy amateur tackling or for a complete failure at Pass rush. I will say that Frazier and McD need to come up with some quicker and better adjustments when the pass rush is that bad. Rivers had all day to throw and considering how old he is, looked about 10 years younger!

colts had a solid game plan, they won 11 games regular season with a statue for a qb,

they pushed the gut run game and then attacked the edge well thanks to a good OL

The OL marginalized our pass rush as well

Their TEs have size as well as Pittman, those2 young RBs are going to be good for awhile

I would like the Bills to add a big TE with plus size like the Colts have, 

In the end they beat themselves by not making an easy FG and going for it on 4th down and getting nothing.  those easy 6 points cost them a playoff road win against the #2 seed.

8 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

No clue as to what management will do in the off season.  This D has clearly taken a huge step in the wrong direction.  Is that the play calling, the players or both?  It’s something that should be assessed, if they think a there’s a D coordinator that can improve the D than they will, if not they won’t.  

I have a clue.  They’ll keep Frazier because he’s a good DC.  The d hasn’t taken a HUGE step in the wrong direction.  The colts are a formidable opponent.  The refs are allowing the OLs to hold and block in the back on a regular basis this year.  We faced a great OL, HoF QB and stud Rb.  They scored 24.  Not sure what you were expecting.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I’ll give credit to Frazier for Weeks 11-17 but this week I will not.  Giving up back to back 2 minute TD drives to the Colts offense is inexcusable.  The 3rd down D today was atrocious as well.  We didn’t flush one of the least mobile QBs from the pocket once the entire game. 

The Colts OL was dominant. They protected the QB and opened holes for their RB.   Our Pass Rush was exposed and we paid for our blitzing on so many 3rd and 7s

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The refs are allowing the OLs to hold and block in the back on a regular basis this year. 

Imagine if the refs were doing that LAST year... Cody Ford's block-in-the-I'm-staring-you-in-the-eyeballs-that-the-refs-believe-are-located-in-the-back-of-your-skull wouldn't have happened...

#justsayin

• Like (+1) 1