Credit to Leslie Frazier on that final possession

Simon

He did a great job keeping everybody's head in the game when things were going sideways.

He mixed up his calls, made the right rotations and was successful having people in position to defend what the Colts wanted to do.

And he made sure everybody on the field was maintaining situational awareness relative to the clock down/distance and the game situation.

Just really professional work all around from a guy who catches way more flack than he deserves.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The thing I noticed was all the Bills defenders on the short side of the field.  They were not going to let Rivers complete a sideline pass and quick out of bounds.  Each one of those throw aways by Rivers cost them 4 seconds.  Still didn't mean I didn't have my heart in my throat.

Absolutely.

He played those last few Colts plays PERFECTLY. 

He ensured that the sidelines were well covered and congested. He said to the Colts "If you're gonna beat us, it's gonna need to be with a Hail Mary".

That being said, the moment from when the ball left Rivers hand to when Hyde knocked it down was the longest moment of my life.

And while we're at it, credit to McDermott for calling that last timeout when he did. Had the Colts completed that play, they would have ALREADY been in (long) field goal range.

Perfectly coached and executed ending there by the Bills D, sealing the victory for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Logic said:

And while we're at it, credit to McDermott for calling that last timeout when he did. Had the Colts completed that play, they would have ALREADY been in (long) field goal range.

I think they were going to have a problem getting their FG unit lined up and set with the clock running and only like 12 seconds left.

I hated that TO at the time.

1 minute ago, Devilmann said:

He certainly stunk in the 2nd half giving up two TD drives that lasted what a total of four minutes. 

What should he have done different?

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

He did a great job keeping everybody's head in the game when things were going sideways.

He mixed up his calls, made the right rotations and was successful having people in position to defend what the Colts wanted to do.

And he made sure everybody on the field was maintaining situational awareness relative to the clock down/distance and the game situation.

Just really professional work all around from a guy who catches way more flack than he deserves.

I’ll give credit to Frazier for Weeks 11-17 but this week I will not.  Giving up back to back 2 minute TD drives to the Colts offense is inexcusable.  The 3rd down D today was atrocious as well.  We didn’t flush one of the least mobile QBs from the pocket once the entire game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

He certainly stunk in the 2nd half giving up two TD drives that lasted what a total of four minutes. 

Not to mention, if he had his guys heads in the game from the first snap, they never woulda been in that position at the end. They were getting shredded.

Just now, Weatherman said:

We didn’t flush one of the least mobile QBs from the pocket once the entire game.

When he's getting the ball out on time behind a good OLine, you're not likely to move him off his spot.

And it's tough to give Frazier too much grief on those two drives when most of the damage came from long runs where the DLine got blown off the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yet, no HC interviews. Glad he’s our ACH  and DC. 

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think they were going to have a problem getting their FG unit lined up and set with the clock running and only like 12 seconds left.

I hated that TO at the time.

What should he have done different?

It would’ve been 1st down. They would have only needed to get up to the line and spike it. I think they could’ve accomplished that for sure. It would’ve been a long attempt (55 yards or so?), but still.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

When he's getting the ball out on time behind a good OLine, you're not likely to move him off his spot.

And it's tough to give Frazier too much grief on those two drives when most of the damage came from long runs where the DLine got blown off the ball.

Guess who takes the blame when the DLine gets blown up or when there not getting to the QB or when they give up quick TD drive to a very average offense?  It all comes back to the D coordinator.  With the amount of money they have wrapped up in the D line, not being able to get to the QB or stop the run is inexcusable.  

Just now, Weatherman said:

Guess who takes the blame when the DLine gets blown up or when there not getting to the QB or when they give up quick TD drive to a very average offense?

Blaming Frazier becasue he only has one NFL caliber DT to work with is off base, imo.

If anything, he should get extra credit for succeeding in a difficult situation.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yep that last drive worked out but 472 yards allowed is concerning. Our secondary had no answer most of the time and we couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down.

but a win is a win

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

It would’ve been 1st down. They would have only needed to get up to the line and spike it. I think they could’ve accomplished that for sure. It would’ve been a long attempt (55 yards or so?), but still.

You're probably right.

I just remember being pissed because a short completion in bounds was exactly what I wanted to see and then it got nullified. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

Blaming Frazier becasue he only has one NFL caliber DT to work with is off base, imo.

If anything, he should get extra credit for succeeding in a difficult situation.

I think we have the highest paid DL in the league.  To say they’re not NFL caliber makes no sense.  

• Like (+1) 1

Same for Daboll, but Fraziers guys weren't winning the one on one match-ups in the trenches.  The Colts have a great offensive line and Rivers got rid of the ball quickly.  This was always going to be tough for him.  I blame execution and disadvantage of talent as our biggest deficit, not Leslie's playcalling

• Like (+1) 2