Jump to content

Yeldon or Williams?


Recommended Posts

I think the Bills braintrust will go with the experience of Yeldon. They value the STs and probably won’t sit T. Jones in favor of both Williams and Yeldon. Williams could be used in short yardage/ goal to go type situations but the numbers look like he will sit for this one. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me TJ. We don’t need a back to run the ball. We need a back to block and catch the ball.  I don’t want Daboll to have grandiose ideas that we are a running team

Both. There are guys we don’t need that dress every week

For some reason, he thought Allen was a RB today....that’s got to stop 🛑.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

 

I remember him losing a fumble last year against Cincinnati but I don't remember the fumble this year. It happened against Tennessee but I don't remember it at all, he didn't lose the ball on that one at least. 

 

ProFootballReference has a fumble this year against Tenn. I don't remember it offhand either. It wasn't lost though, so one fumbled lost in Bills career.

 

Edited by Tuel Time
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, teef said:

I’d be 1000% fine with that too.  After all, they keep yeldon hidden away like a bastard love child.  Maybe it’s for good reason. 
 

I don’t think this will be a tough decision for the coaches. Whoever gets the nod has my support. 

 

It really is a great mystery why they've kept him for three years but never put him on the field. If he does play this week, I hope it's his coming out party.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CSBill said:

It really is a great mystery why they've kept him for three years but never put him on the field. If he does play this week, I hope it's his coming out party.

 

Two years, but yes, strange why they have him on the 53-man roster but he never plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Williams based on what he did against the Dolphins. (Though I recognize that was late in a game when the Fins were already beaten down.) But McDermott will likely go with the guy better at blitz pickups. Probably Yeldon.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense.  Knows the offense.  In times when called upon have done the job.  Provides the ability to run between the tackles and catch the ball out the backfield.  For the style of offense he was the obvious choice.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yeldon being brought up. No word on whether Williams too.

 

 

 

 

Been calling for T J Yeldon all season long now here's the chance to prove himself in the biggest game Buffalo has seen in over 25 years.

 

MERCY!!!!

Edited by Figster
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yeldon being brought up. No word on whether Williams too.

 

 

I think Williams could be elevated from the PS, but I don’t think he will be active. They aren’t going to make him active over Taiwan Jones, and they haven’t had 4 RBs active at any point this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Williams could be elevated from the PS, but I don’t think he will be active. They aren’t going to make him active over Taiwan Jones, and they haven’t had 4 RBs active at any point this year. 


i think you are probably right. But if the scheme is going to be a bit more run heavy, then I think we may see Taiwan being the odd man out. Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I want Williams based on what he did against the Dolphins. (Though I recognize that was late in a game when the Fins were already beaten down.) But McDermott will likely go with the guy better at blitz pickups. Probably Yeldon.

This!

 

I'd rather see Williams crashing thru that Ravens line too. Yeldon meh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

Kinda figured.  And what does he mean by "brought up"?  Yeldon is on the 53-man roster.

 

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yeldon being brought up. No word on whether Williams too.

 

Doubtful.  That would be 4 RBs on the 53 and one will surely be inactive.  No reason to do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


i think you are probably right. But if the scheme is going to be a bit more run heavy, then I think we may see Taiwan being the odd man out. Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part though. 

I just can’t see them having their best gunner inactive. You either trust Devin and TJ or you don’t. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

Kinda figured.  And what does he mean by "brought up"?  Yeldon is on the 53-man roster.

 

 

Doubtful.  That would be 4 RBs on the 53 and one will surely be inactive.  No reason to do that.

I think he just meant he would be the one “active” in his spot 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeldon will be active and take Moss's role according to McD...does not prevent them from calling up Williams but they haven't had 4 RBs active the entire season yet.

 

Jones is the 3rd for ST.

 

 

Well this is a good sign I guess...Yeldon apparently was really good in pass pro with the Jags even as a rookie.

 

 

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/15338/jaguars-keep-raving-about-t-j-yeldons-pass-blocking-ability

Edited by Big Turk
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Makes sense.  Knows the offense.  In times when called upon have done the job.  Provides the ability to run between the tackles and catch the ball out the backfield.  For the style of offense he was the obvious choice.

difficult to rely on a  practice squad rookie  or recently signed Freeman.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...