Yeldon or Williams?

IBTG81

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I remember him losing a fumble last year against Cincinnati but I don't remember the fumble this year. It happened against Tennessee but I don't remember it at all, he didn't lose the ball on that one at least. 

ProFootballReference has a fumble this year against Tenn. I don't remember it offhand either. It wasn't lost though, so one fumbled lost in Bills career.

Edited by Tuel Time

16 hours ago, teef said:

I’d be 1000% fine with that too.  After all, they keep yeldon hidden away like a bastard love child.  Maybe it’s for good reason. 

I don’t think this will be a tough decision for the coaches. Whoever gets the nod has my support. 

It really is a great mystery why they've kept him for three years but never put him on the field. If he does play this week, I hope it's his coming out party.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

It really is a great mystery why they've kept him for three years but never put him on the field. If he does play this week, I hope it's his coming out party.

Two years, but yes, strange why they have him on the 53-man roster but he never plays.

I want Williams based on what he did against the Dolphins. (Though I recognize that was late in a game when the Fins were already beaten down.) But McDermott will likely go with the guy better at blitz pickups. Probably Yeldon.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Makes sense.  Knows the offense.  In times when called upon have done the job.  Provides the ability to run between the tackles and catch the ball out the backfield.  For the style of offense he was the obvious choice.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yeldon being brought up. No word on whether Williams too.

Been calling for T J Yeldon all season long now here's the chance to prove himself in the biggest game Buffalo has seen in over 25 years.

MERCY!!!!

Edited by Figster
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think Williams could be elevated from the PS, but I don’t think he will be active. They aren’t going to make him active over Taiwan Jones, and they haven’t had 4 RBs active at any point this year. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Williams could be elevated from the PS, but I don’t think he will be active. They aren’t going to make him active over Taiwan Jones, and they haven’t had 4 RBs active at any point this year. 

i think you are probably right. But if the scheme is going to be a bit more run heavy, then I think we may see Taiwan being the odd man out. Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part though. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I want Williams based on what he did against the Dolphins. (Though I recognize that was late in a game when the Fins were already beaten down.) But McDermott will likely go with the guy better at blitz pickups. Probably Yeldon.

This!

I'd rather see Williams crashing thru that Ravens line too. Yeldon meh.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kinda figured.  And what does he mean by "brought up"?  Yeldon is on the 53-man roster.

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Doubtful.  That would be 4 RBs on the 53 and one will surely be inactive.  No reason to do that.

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i think you are probably right. But if the scheme is going to be a bit more run heavy, then I think we may see Taiwan being the odd man out. Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part though. 

I just can’t see them having their best gunner inactive. You either trust Devin and TJ or you don’t. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kinda figured.  And what does he mean by "brought up"?  Yeldon is on the 53-man roster.

Doubtful.  That would be 4 RBs on the 53 and one will surely be inactive.  No reason to do that.

I think he just meant he would be the one “active” in his spot 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Yeldon will be active and take Moss's role according to McD...does not prevent them from calling up Williams but they haven't had 4 RBs active the entire season yet.

Jones is the 3rd for ST.

Well this is a good sign I guess...Yeldon apparently was really good in pass pro with the Jags even as a rookie.

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/15338/jaguars-keep-raving-about-t-j-yeldons-pass-blocking-ability

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Makes sense.  Knows the offense.  In times when called upon have done the job.  Provides the ability to run between the tackles and catch the ball out the backfield.  For the style of offense he was the obvious choice.

difficult to rely on a  practice squad rookie  or recently signed Freeman.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Yeldon will be active and take Moss's role according to McD...does not prevent them from calling up Williams but they haven't had 4 RBs active the entire season yet.

Jones is the 3rd for ST.

Well this is a good sign I guess...Yeldon apparently was really good in pass pro with the Jags even as a rookie.

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/15338/jaguars-keep-raving-about-t-j-yeldons-pass-blocking-ability

I think we'll see Wiliams brought up as insurance against Singletary/Yeldon going down for a COVID reason the night before or the day of the game.  Yeldon was that guy (for Singletary/Moss before), but with Moss out there's no such safety net.  So we see Williams elevated and then inactive on Saturday. 

*And by "elevated" I mean that Williams will be one of the two PS players added to make "55" this week. 

21 hours ago, Tuel Time said:

ProFootballReference has a fumble this year against Tenn. I don't remember it offhand either. It wasn't lost though, so one fumbled lost in Bills career.

I vaguely recall a fumble that was launched into the air against NE in the home game last year.  That was more or less the end of Yeldon's shot to be a primary ballcarrier here. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1