Yeldon or Williams?

IBTG81

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It would be something else if Yeldon is passed over for a practice squad player. Why is he on the roster? Why has he been on the roster for 2 years?

no idea 

but we need to fix the RB position next season. Moss/Singletary really aren’t good enough to be a starter. We need a RB like Kamara 

• Like (+1) 1

Picture this. Bills are at the goal line. They hand the ball off to Williams and he fumbles and the opposing team recovers. Bills lose by 4. 

While that could happen with any running back, do you really want a guy who has played in one game (no playoff experience) playing? Do you really 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Considering Dane Jackson is inactive and Josh Norman is in, you can see how much McD favors experience, even at the expense of pure talent.

Yeldon clearly will be active, the question is will we elevate both backs if TJ seems rusty.   Williams sure looked like a beast vs Miami, and that was no preseason game.

Fumbling is an issue with Yeldon, maybe Williams will get the nod.  I hope they go with the kid.   Is he a pass catcher?

This is the one flaw I have with McDermott. IMO, there’s no way Norman should be playing ahead of Jackson. IMO, Jackson is a better tackler and seems to be a better cover corner. This is my opinion 

Yeldon hasn't had a carry since the Tennessee game... and only 10 carries on the season vs 12 carries (all against Miami) for Williams

Williams was in there for a reason against Miami. He's gonna feast on the Ravens in snowy Buffalo Saturday Night!

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

Picture this. Bills are at the goal line. They hand the ball off to Williams and he fumbles and the opposing team recovers. Bills lose by 4. 

While that could happen with any running back, do you really want a guy who has played in one game (no playoff experience) playing? Do you really 

After watching today’s game I think it’s even more than that look at the way that the ravens shut down Henry there is no reason to believe that we will mount any consign sign of consistent running attack next week put the back on the field I can pass protect and catch the ball that is Yeldon’s Strength

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’d prefer a Nick Chubb/Jonathan Taylor type 

It is entirely possible that the bills might look at that in next years draft Singleterry fell off a little bit Maas was not quite as advertised

On 1/10/2021 at 9:14 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Fixxer, you make a good point and if Yeldon clears, that is an option.  Consider that role could be handled by Singletary, or Beasely, or McKenzie if another week off heals up his ankle.  We also need Moss to pound it for that last 2 yards and 3rd and 2.  He seems to do well there and Williams could help in that spot.  It’s not like either of them will get as much time as motor.

My vote (not that I have one) is Williams.  He could pleasantly surprise us.

Williams looked hungry against the phins, you put hillm on ST and the guy will try his best, I don't really know if Yeldon ever played ST for us the few times he was active on gamedays. 

56 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Williams looked hungry against the phins, you put hillm on ST and the guy will try his best, I don't really know if Yeldon ever played ST for us the few times he was active on gamedays. 

He played some ST's every game he appeared last year.  None in the 3 games this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1