Could we see Jake Fromm play this Sunday?

gjv001

He's in a bubble in the event that the Bills QB's get placed in the Covid Protocol so we don't have to have McKenzie play QB. He's staying in the bubble. 

I'd rather see Davis Webb play the second half. I know what we have with Barkley.

Edited by Motorin'

38 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

We need to win or for pitt to lose. And then what happens if that doesn’t happen? We might not get a home divisional round game? Only if the Steelers win their wild card. So basically for us to actually be hurt by any of this our backups need to lose to Miami and pitts backups need to beat Cleveland and pitt needs to win their wildcard game. I’ll take those chances and not start our starters. 

What has ever gone wrong when relying on Pitt's backups to do one thing or another to affect our post-season outcome. Oh wait.

Edited by thurst44
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ya see, it’s like this, no one likes Fromm, nobody at all, so they stuck him in quarantine at the beginning of the season, it is an ongoing, running joke that Fromm still thinks he’s on the team, he is the Bills version of the red stapler guy from “Office Space” down in the basement... 

Go Bills!!!

😂

22 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Why are people fascinated with Jake Fromm?   Is it because his last name rhymes with a bad QB  prospect that we had in the lineup years back that many posters wanted to see on the field?

I remember when some fans who "saw Brohm play in college" thought we stole Brohm & he was our QB of the future.  I had to keep telling them that not only had Brohm cleared waivers after camp in his sophomore season after only 1 season in the NFL, being ignored by some of the best GMs in the league, but how could they believe that Brandon had outsmarted every other GM in the league. 

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Should McDermott decide to handle Sunday's game against Miami like a preseason game, we could get our first glimpse of Jake Fromm.

No, we will not. Does McDermott strike you as the type of coach to throw a rookie who has really not had any meaningful practice time all year due to the isolation protocols Fromm’s been under into a game? Think about it.

53 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Why are people fascinated with Jake Fromm?   Is it because his last name rhymes with a bad QB  prospect that we had in the lineup years back that many posters wanted to see on the field?

Because he's a rookie that had success at Georgia and we haven't seen him play yet?

I don't understand why anyone that actually followed the Bills would ask the question you just did.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Because he's a rookie that had success at Georgia and we haven't seen him play yet?

I don't understand why anyone that actually followed the Bills would ask the question you just did.

Success at the college level doesn't have a lot of meaning in the NFL.   The NFL landscape is littered with QBs who had great numbers in the college but were crap once they got on the an NFL field.

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Curious who the old QB was ?  David Humm? 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Success at the college level doesn't have a lot of meaning in the NFL.   The NFL landscape is littered with QBs who had great numbers in the college but were crap once they got on the an NFL field.

OK, Mr. Obvious. You came in with a snarky comment and I answered your question. Now I will further address what you just posted.

Because success in college doesn't always translate into success in the NFL (duh) does that mean fans should not be excited or interested to see how rookies perform?

Just now, Beast said:

OK, Mr. Obvious. You came in with a snarky comment and I answered your question. Now I will further address what you just posted.

Because success in college doesn't always translate into success in the NFL (duh) does that mean fans should not be excited or interested to see how rookies perform?

Its snarky for a reason.  Clamoring for Fromm is just plain dumb.

Fromm is a day 3 pick.   Majority of time, such guys don't pan out.  Why should someone  get excited about such a rookie especially since his draft stock fell and also because he was specifically isolated as a QB of last resort?     If Fromm on the other hand was our round 1 or round 2 pick  ,   then sure I would get excited

6 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Its snarky for a reason.  Clamoring for Fromm is just plain dumb.

Fromm is a day 3 pick.   Majority of time, such guys don't pan out.  Why should someone  get excited about such a rookie especially since his draft stock fell and also because he was specifically isolated as a QB of last resort?     If Fromm on the other hand was our round 1 or round 2 pick  ,   then sure I would get excited

Nobody is clamoring for him to be the starter for Christ sake. Some want to see the kid play in what may be a meaningless game.

What is so hard to understand about that?

• Like (+1) 1