Could we see Jake Fromm play this Sunday?

gjv001

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

We need to win or for pitt to lose. And then what happens if that doesn’t happen? We might not get a home divisional round game? Only if the Steelers win their wild card. So basically for us to actually be hurt by any of this our backups need to lose to Miami and pitts backups need to beat Cleveland and pitt needs to win their wildcard game. I’ll take those chances and not start our starters. 

Except Cleveland is in somewhat if a mess with Covid, so wouldn't say it's a cake walk for Browns.  If Cleveland was 100% I'd feel much better about resting players.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Ya see, it’s like this, no one likes Fromm, nobody at all, so they stuck him in quarantine at the beginning of the season, it is an ongoing, running joke that Fromm still thinks he’s on the team, he is the Bills version of the red stapler guy from “Office Space” down in the basement... 

Go Bills!!!

😂

I think Fromm is still getting his paycheck based on a clerical error.

But seriously if Barkley struggles put Fromm in.

As previous poster has mentioned this game is important. 

If Bills lose and steelers win then Bills will have to go on the road to play the steelers and the refs.  That will be a tough game

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nobody is clamoring for him to be the starter for Christ sake. Some want to see the kid play in what may be a meaningless game.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Fair enough.  But this is the like the 3rd thread talking about putting Fromm in as QB the last few weeks.  If anyone get time because of Josh being rested,   it should only be Barkley as he is the no 2 guy.  The prospect of having Barkley play in case of injury to Josh may be scary.  But he  played well enough in practice to get the no. 2 nod over all others.

20 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Lol yes. Mike McCarthy also "developed"   a lot of QBs during his time with the Packers.  Brian Brohm,  Graham Harrell, Matt Flynn  the list goes on

You could argue Rodgers.  But McCarthy didn't draft him.  

6 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think Fromm is still getting his paycheck based on a clerical error.

But seriously if Barkley struggles put Fromm in.

As previous poster has mentioned this game is important. 

If Bills lose and steelers win then Bills will have to go on the road to play the steelers and the refs.  That will be a tough game

There is no chance Fromm plays, it would be a bad decision to take him out of quarantine, what with Fitz testing positive and being out for Sunday’s game we can not take chances, it would not be a smart decision. 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

There is no chance Fromm plays, it would be a bad decision to take him out of quarantine, what with Fitz testing positive and being out for Sunday’s game we can not take chances, it would not be a smart decision. 

If Josh gets COVID or anything else happens to him, we're screwed either way.  I'd like to see Fromm against real NFL competition playing to win to get a better idea whether to make him the backup next year over Barkley (or someone else).

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

If Josh gets COVID or anything else happens to him, we're screwed either way.  I'd like to see Fromm against real NFL competition playing to win to get a better idea whether to make him the backup next year over Barkley (or someone else).

Nuthin but luv Doc, but you are out of your reckoning on this. The team has zero need or reason to take Fromm out of Quarantine, and they won’t for the remainder of the season and post season, just not gonna happen.

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Do people realize that we have to, at the very least, have the same record as the Steelers in order to secure the #2 seed?

This is not a throwaway game.

I’m so disgusted of  a thought that Miami could leave Buffalo with a W , and I don’t understand how some people are ok with it 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Nuthin but luv Doc, but you are out of your reckoning on this. The team has zero need or reason to take Fromm out of Quarantine, and they won’t for the remainder of the season and post season, just not gonna happen.

Go Bills!!!

Probably.  But it would be a great audition for Fromm.  And if they did it, I'd sequester Josh.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Probably.  But it would be a great audition for Fromm.  And if they did it, I'd sequester Josh.

Fromm will get a chance to move up to the point of being a backup next season at the soonest, and only if he beats out Barkley and Webb. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Do people realize that we have to, at the very least, have the same record as the Steelers in order to secure the #2 seed?

This is not a throwaway game.

You know what.. I’m gonna not care about this game even harder. 

McKenzie at corner AND quarterback

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That’s not fair at all to Fromm if we decide to pull him out of COVID QB status and evaluate him against a team playing for their playoff lives.  

Josh gets 15-20 minutes, Barkley gets 15-20 minutes, Fromm gets 20-30 minutes.

If you're going to go the backup route this game you might as well get Fromm some time.  Barkley contract is up after this yr. and you'd like to at least see him a little vs starters to get a start to an evaluation.