Josh Allen Passer Rating Through The Year

PrimeTime101

The NFL passer rating is a poor measure for QBs with actual running ability that their teams rely upon.  Scoring a TD or two via run does nothing to elevate the rating but sure means something to their teams chances to win.  Scrambling to avoid a sack and then throwing the ball away hurts the passer rating.  I hate the mystery meat of tQBR but that at least tries to incorporate everything a QB does in every game situation.  I suspect those tQBR numbers would look more stable than NFL passer rating.

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

@RoyBatty is alive

Mahomes and Allen Rating Chart

20201229061542.png

That's a definite trend for both teams.  In years past, you would discount the Bills because of the schedule vs KC playing the first place schedule.  But the Bills have played a genuinely hard schedule under the prime time glare.  Chiefs are either just doing enough to get to the playoffs or teams are starting to figure them out a bit.  Maybe a little of both.

13 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I STILL don't know who Nick Wright is, and I still don't care!  Go Josh and go Bills!

Then you dont watch stuff on TV or Internet.. Nick Wright has been on espn, the herd and NFL network. he's all over on social media... We dont care that you dont care...

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

He said Allen had 8 games of over 100 QBR and that he is sporadic. Mahomes has had 9.

Right . Great Point.

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Thanks OP

On a side note from a completion percentage standpoint Josh Allen shows why degree of difficulty should be calculated into the overall grade on completions IMO. Dink and dunk gives a false representation of a QB's true accuracy and can be very misleading from a draft perspective IMO.

Your welcome. Many don't look at the whole story. This tells a story. There were 2 games where I really question Josh and his play on that specific game. The rest have valid reasons behind it.. not excuses.

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Mahomes:

1. 123.3

2. 90.9

3. 133.5

4. 113.6

5: 83.5

6. 128.4

7. 107.2

8. 144.4

9. 121.7

10. 102.8

11. 124.7

12. 95.6

13. 91.9

14. 92.0

15. 79.5

So it looks like he hasn't been great for the last month.

I guess not damn.. Thanks for this.

59 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

@RoyBatty is alive

Mahomes and Allen Rating Chart

20201229061542.png

Uhm.. WOW.. Thanks for doing the work on this.. one QB trending down.. Another trending up.. IF YOU CAN? Can you add Rodgers on this? it would be interesting!

54 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Also figured this would look appropriate here.  Passer rating isn't everything.

This is just insane.  Bar none this tells me if the pocket is clean, Josh is the best passer? err but its one stat.. Josh also has one of or the most time in a pocket? or am i wrong?

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Saw this too.  The more I listen to Nick, the more I actually like him.  Yeah, I said that.  He has the challenge each week of debunking the Josh Allen media tsunami.  He has to or chooses to play the role of the Josh Allen schill on that program each week.  If everyone was pumping the Bills, no one would watch.  Marshall is the Bills cheerleader.  Would be interesting to know what they actually think, versus what they are paid to say for entertainment purposes.

I’d watch every show in which everyone was pumping up the Bills.  

I DON’T click on anything related to that guy you speak of because that’s exactly what he wants us to do.  I’m not going to play his puppet.  Feel free to be that puppet 

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This is the same graph our favorite Bills critique Nick Wright whined on and on about how terrible/erratic Josh Allen was.

This Graph is incredibly misleading since Josh Allen has had some incredible game so many of his games which were average for an NFL QB look abysmal on that graph.  Some of these games Allen didnt have to have a huge rating but he stil won.  

Why not do the same graph for every QB and see how "consistent" the QBS.  Better yet, plot other QBs single game ratings versus Allens.  

Check out the "trend" on Mahomes.....hint his last 4 games are well below Nick's threshold of a good qb.

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Right . Great Point.

Your welcome. Many don't look at the whole story. This tells a story. There were 2 games where I really question Josh and his play on that specific game. The rest have valid reasons behind it.. not excuses.

I guess not damn.. Thanks for this.

Uhm.. WOW.. Thanks for doing the work on this.. one QB trending down.. Another trending up.. IF YOU CAN? Can you add Rodgers on this? it would be interesting!

This is just insane.  Bar none this tells me if the pocket is clean, Josh is the best passer? err but its one stat.. Josh also has one of or the most time in a pocket? or am i wrong?

Added Rodgers

20201229073932.thumb.png.d7f7b86b4a76e0d30c73a8c5f50b3d2d.png

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Then you dont watch stuff on TV or Internet.. Nick Wright has been on espn, the herd and NFL network. he's all over on social media... We dont care that you dont care...

"We" .... talking in plural? Try "I" because you can only speak for yourself. My guess is most people do not even know who the clown is until these threads have popped up.

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

based on this

Rodgers 1

Josh 2

Mahomes 3

If you want the averages it's:

Rodgers: 119.3

Mahomes: 108.2

Allen: 106.7

And now the best reason to not use passer rating to judge a player/team.  Deshaun Watsons rating is 112.1 and is 4-11 this year.  The question was whether or not the bills can make a super bowl run and saying no because of one players stats is cherry picking a reason to discredit the player.

I'm surprised the graph looks the way it does, to be honest.

My subjective take would be that Allen's game has had ups and downs, but that the "ups" have steadily gotten higher throughout the year, with a steady, gradual progression measured against setbacks now and again.

He's playing his best football right now, and he seems to be improving all the time.

• Like (+1) 1