Allen next week?

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

Which team is that?

Baltimore. Obviously, second-hottest behind the Bills.

30 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

So the Bills would play the...........................Bills? (I'd say we're the hottest team in the NFL)

I think it's clear what it means when this is being written from a Bills perspective. The Ravens are the hottest team we could play/the hottest team other than ourselves.

37 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Mason Rudolph was just announced as the starter for Pitt next week.  I'm guessing they will rest other top guys as well - makes sense as they already lost several key guys this season.  We definitely sit our starters now

The Steelers rested against the Bills in exactly the same scenario once. Cautionary tale for the Browns.

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Steelers rested against the Bills in exactly the same scenario once. Cautionary tale for the Browns.

I went to that game, that definitely sucked.  Steelers fans talked mad smack at every rest stop on the thruway

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

Home field does matter in the sense with all the COVID protocols,  traveling is an hassle and I am sure there is internal fear in the players on staying in unfamiliar hotels.

I would argue "home field" does have some advantages still, as you mention, but that the "home field advantage" has never been smaller in the COVID era.  Especially if you are playing a road game in an empty stadium.

17 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The 3 seed vs the 2 seed is not important enough to risk injury of any starter.  Tonight’s game was the one we wanted.  Avoiding KC in the 2nd round was the most important thing after wrapping up the division. Pittsburgh could easily lose their 1st round game.  Regardless, Cleveland is favored by 7 points next week.  Rest your core guys and get ready for the 1st round game.  The 2 vs the 3 seed isnt important enough this year. 

This matters to the players if only for the convenience of being guaranteed Hometown familiarity for the next 3 weeks.

Not having to get on a plane and stay in a hotel in the age of Covid matters.

19 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

We need the win

We dont need the win at all...

...we should sit everyone this is dumb we dont our guys in some live or die elimination dog fight with a good football team like the Dolphins this week we just need to be feeling good next week.

Ben is sitting the Browns will almost certainly win. Even if they dont its fine. I want our starters alternating ice baths with hot yoga until we know our first round game.

Edited by dayman
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This matters to the players if only for the convenience of being guaranteed Hometown familiarity for the next 3 weeks.

Not having to get on a plane and stay in a hotel in the age of Covid matters.

especially on a cleaned private chartered aircraft that only has the players and staff.

Thrn the hotel that closes of entire floors for the team and they have no contact with anyone other than the team.

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I know about injury risk and all that, but that’s not something you can control. What can be controlled is momentum. I saw we keep it rolling and we show Miami that they’re the little brother. 

except when players get injured at meaningless times during games...no reason to risk thrm.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

No sir, they already committed to Tua this week.

"Commit" in NFL is such a weak word in NFL.  Would you believe Billicheat if he said that?  So why would you believe his disciple?

We had a QB start for Bills and then he did not play.

4 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Thrn the hotel that closes of entire floors for the team and they have no contact with anyone other than the team.

Unless a player brings in private dancer as player for in room entertainment as happened for Seattle.

Penalty - illegal contact. You are fired and find your own way home.

I’m torn. I want to protect against injury. But I also would rather play Indy over Cleveland. Those are our most likely opponents in a win and loss respectively. Losing also gives us more chance to play Ravens (if Pittsburgh wins). 

Is the difference between Indy and Cle significant? Probably not, but in that scenario Pittsburgh would play Cleveland and BAL would play TEN knocking one out.

Buffalo could then play Pittsburgh in round two while KC played Ten or Bal. 

IMO the worst matchups for us are KC, Bal, Ten in that order. If we beat Miami there’s a good chance we only have to play one out of those three on the way to TB. 

16 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I’m torn. I want to protect against injury. But I also would rather play Indy over Cleveland. Those are our most likely opponents in a win and loss respectively. Losing also gives us more chance to play Ravens (if Pittsburgh wins). 

Is the difference between Indy and Cle significant? Probably not, but in that scenario Pittsburgh would play Cleveland and BAL would play TEN knocking one out.

Buffalo could then play Pittsburgh in round two while KC played Ten or Bal. 

IMO the worst matchups for us are KC, Bal, Ten in that order. If we beat Miami there’s a good chance we only have to play one out of those three on the way to TB. 

Assume PI.t loses in WC game..

if buffalo wins they likely play BAL/SOUTH winner.

IF they let MIA win then ..Mia is a good match against afc south so buff could see Miami in divisional round.

• Like (+1) 1

I get the concern about injuries, but you can't play skeered.   Injuries could happen to anyone at anytime in any game.  Only when a key player gets injured during one of the very seldom games where a win is not considered critical do people get up in arms about how they should not have been on the field.  Their chances of getting hurt are not any worse than during any of the other 15 games already played.  Play the starters, play to win, and keep the monster momentum we've been gathering rolling full speed! 

On 12/28/2020 at 8:06 PM, Braedenstearns said:

Do you play him? It would be nice to see a drive or two, get him over Bledsoe and then sit.

The stats should mean nothing to anyone. But the #2 seed is imho significant. Nobody wants to come to OP with the cold and JA. Think it’s like Lambeau and Rodgers. It means a lot. Rest those banged up otherwise go for it. 

23 hours ago, Process said:

There is no chance Allen plays more than a couple series next week. The two seed does not matter that much, at all. I don't know why people here can't grasp that. 

I have a great grasp. Why would the Bills want to disadvantage themselves going to Pitt on that grass mud field with worse kicking conditions than in OP. I don’t grasp how people don’t grasp that ?

I'm so surprised people think so highly of the Ravens. They've beaten 3 good teams all year (Cleveland x2 and the Colts). This hot team got some wins over the Cowboys, Browns, Jas and Giants and suddenly OMG They're scary. Lamar can't throw the ball... you can 100% load the box and force him to throw the ball on a Buffalo January Sat/Sun.... I don't think he can do it. At least Baker can throw the ball. I don't want to play the Browns or Titans.... who have a strong running game and a QB who can throw.

23 hours ago, djp14150 said:

A lose does not knock Miami out.  They lose Then they need Cleveland, Baltimore, or Indy to lose snd they get in. Buffalo could face Them in WC game.

going out to beat the same team in week 17 then the next week is not what you want to do.

with no fans...home field means nothing.

Home field means your home. Playing on a grass slow track not in Bills best interest. If it were Raiders /Chargers perhaps Miami it might be different. In addition to staying at home for routine I don’t see Pitt as neutral for Bills. 

14 hours ago, djp14150 said:

ummm...hotels are unfamiliar?  The hotels would have very high clean standards. The team would be on their own floors.  They take chartered flights...

Yes. But you are forgetting the uncertainty of the COVID era....

51 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I'm so surprised people think so highly of the Ravens. They've beaten 3 good teams all year (Cleveland x2 and the Colts). This hot team got some wins over the Cowboys, Browns, Jas and Giants and suddenly OMG They're scary. Lamar can't throw the ball... you can 100% load the box and force him to throw the ball on a Buffalo January Sat/Sun.... I don't think he can do it. At least Baker can throw the ball. I don't want to play the Browns or Titans.... who have a strong running game and a QB who can throw.

It is the momentum they are taking into the playoffs...their confidence is pretty high now.  They are getting Dez involved in the passing game. He is a huge threat in the Red Zone.

Edited by ganesh