Davis Webb elevated from PS: our new backup QB?

YoloinOhio

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I hope this doesn’t mean they are planning on sitting Josh a good portion of this game. 

Maybe. I could see a scenario where we get a good lead and you want to pull Josh, and don't want to have to put him back in if Barkley gets hurt.

I like that scenario ...

By the way - why aren't the Pats starting Stidham? It would be the natural thing to do the last couple games to see what he's got. Maybe Belichick wasn't really all that high on him after all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Maybe. I could see a scenario where we get a good lead and you want to pull Josh, and don't want to have to put him back in if Barkley gets hurt.

I like that scenario ...

By the way - why aren't the Pats starting Stidham? It would be the natural thing to do the last couple games to see what he's got. Maybe Belichick wasn't really all that high on him after all.

Because reporters keep asking him if he's going to do it so now Belichick is being contrary?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I like that scenario ...

Yeah, could be. Personally I would prefer Webb as backup to Barkley any way.