Week 16 Bills @ Patriots* PreGame Thread MNF

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

hmmm. Kind of wished they hung onto Kumerow until they were ready for

JB to start playing in the games.

Were they required to bring JB off IR when they did? 

Yep. This move makes zero sense to me now.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

hmmm. Kind of wished they hung onto Kumerow until they were ready for

JB to start playing in the games.

Were they required to bring JB off IR when they did? 

They have not yet brought John Brown off IR as far as I know.  They have until next week (21 days after designating him for return)

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

The thing I've found watching Belichick pressers before Bills games the last few seasons is that he'll praise things about the Bills that he's found ways to neutralize or confuse.

Last year before the 2nd Bills game he praised Hyde and Poyer for never being out of position and the Bills D in general for their ability to disguise coverage. Then they proceeded to run motion all over the field and confuse the Bills D, get them out of position and get them to reveal what coverage they were in.

It will be interesting to see how the Pats D plays the deep ball given Belichick raving about Josh's ability to hit the deep pass. 

I don't know about "neutralize and confuse",  but I feel he often uses them to indirectly point out flaws - such as last year Josh Allen keeping the ball and running it in when he had open receivers in the end zone.  In this case I feel he was pointing out that Josh threw a risky 50-50 ball to Stefon Diggs when he had two check-down receivers wide open underneath for a lot of yardage.  That's actually been a fair and consistent criticism of Josh, but he has taken the checkdown more in recent games so we'll hope.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd like to see a decisive victory tonight.

The Bills won the first game against the Pats this year by almost flukey circumstances. 

I don't want there to be any doubt. I want the Bills to make it very clear tonight who the new kings of the East are.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So JB is back but Yeldon crapped out a couple more players..🤦‍♂️

Curious why they were in close contact.  I get Yeldon and Wade but a WR and S being in close contact is strange to me.  Unless it's ST or guys on IR.