Xbox and PS5 new competition: KFC?

DrDawkinstein

https://collider.com/kfconsole-real-specs-price-release-date-details/

https://www.gamesradar.com/kfc-launches-4k-240fps-gaming-console-with-a-built-in-chicken-warmer/

• Chassis: Custom build of Cooler Master's NC100 (about $200 USD)
  • Intel Nuc 9 Extreme Compute Element: A PCIe-based module with an 9th Gen Intel mobile chip inside
  • GPU: An unknown Asus RTX-supported graphics card in the rig's "hot-swappable GPU slot" (about $250 - $500)
  • SSD: Two (2) Seagate Barracuda / Firecuda 1TB SSD (about $200)
  • VR-ready with Ray-Tracing technology, 240FPS with 240Hz output, and 4K-quality gaming
  • A CHICKEN WARMING CHAMBER

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

This was teased during the summer and I thought it was a joke lmao

I think we all did 🤣

I had to bookmark this last night and come back to it today because I thought I might have gotten a little to stoned and wasn't seeing this correctly. Nope, looks real...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I may go this route. I'm still pissed off you can't get a Xbox or PS5 for Christmas. Shameful.

Stay strong and dont go with the scalpers. These aholes that buy 10-20 consoles and jack up the prices are ruining Christmas for a lot of people. Best thing to do is stick them with product they cant move.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Stay strong and dont go with the scalpers. These aholes that buy 10-20 consoles and jack up the prices are ruining Christmas for a lot of people. Best thing to do is stick them with product they cant move.

Yeah. No way I'd go scalper route. It's for me, so it's not like the kids will be disappointed. I'm fine with waiting it out. Also gives some time to get a console where the bugs are worked out. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yeah. No way I'd go scalper route. It's for me, so it's not like the kids will be disappointed. I'm fine with waiting it out. Also gives some time to get a console where the bugs are worked out. 

I had luck checking in on a twitch stream that tracked when stores were selling them.

The name of the cam was killercam1020.  The best bet is the comments people are leaving.  They are usually ahead of the stream and will tell you where they are having luck right at that moment.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:38 PM, TBBills said:

You know KFC is the most popular thing to eat on Christmas in Japan.

When I worked in Japan during one year the lines at KFC were all the way down the block and they had girls walking down line with cart and in heated cart were boxes of KFC which you could buy from her.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.