What’s up with Roberts?

oldmanfan

8 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

To me he's as dangerous as anyone in the league. He fumbled and it turned in to a Denver score but he had a good run back to start the 2nd half that set the stage for a blowout. This guy has solid all year. The reason to sit him is preserving his body for the big games to come. 

I mean it happens to everyone at some point and he almost never does.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Can’t find anything about Roberts.  Was he hurt yesterday, or did they sit him and have Hyde back on punts because of the muff in the first half?

I think if you averaged all his kickoff returns it would result in a net loss vs. taking the touch back.  He also has 2 fumbles on punt returns resulting in 14 points for our opponents.  Money could be better spent elsewhere IMHO.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I think if you averaged all his kickoff returns it would result in a net loss vs. taking the touch back.  He also has 2 fumbles on punt returns resulting in 14 points for our opponents.  Money could be better spent elsewhere IMHO.  

Why don't you do it, and you'll see you're dead wrong. If you watch the games, he has had many good returns. His punt returns are in the top 5 in football. The guy fumbled, he's a pro bowler. It's not a time to lose confidence. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I checked, he has the 4th best rating for punt returners. A big part of Buffalo's ascent has been great special teams. Roberts is the key to this unit. Ask the lowly Jets how their return game has been since he left.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Why don't you do it, and you'll see you're dead wrong. If you watch the games, he has had many good returns. His punt returns are in the top 5 in football. The guy fumbled, he's a pro bowler. It's not a time to lose confidence. 

He’s had some good returns but he’s had more that have not reached the 25.  Don’t get so triggered when people have a different opinion that you.  He’s fumbled twice on returns and has had multiple returns from deep in the end zone to inside the 15.  He is averaging 29.4 yards per return which includes end zone yardage.  Statistically, his kick returns from the end zone have neither helped or hurt the teams average field position, but his fumbling has (1 punt, 1 kickoff return).

19 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

I checked, he has the 4th best rating for punt returners. A big part of Buffalo's ascent has been great special teams. Roberts is the key to this unit. Ask the lowly Jets how their return game has been since he left.

Yes, he will be #4 or #5 once the weeks stats are updated.  #3 used to be on our roster for much cheaper and does not have fumbling problems.