Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i am with you. Or if Hyde is back there on punts, he needs to be told to fair catch every time. 

I don’t know why they don’t try McKenzie back there, at least on punts. The other guy that seems like he could be decent is Kumerow. Not sure how fast he is— but something about him makes me think he is fast enough and strong to at least have some decent kick returns. 

Did Kumerow return punts in GB?

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

KC is the 1 seed, Buffalo is 2, and Pittsburgh is 3.   I believe head to head is the 1st tie breaker.

When it is a three way tie that changes, doesn't it? I think Bills would get the 1 seed in that scenario.

Edit: Looks like it would need to go to strength of victory.

Bills would need the NFC South to lose all their inter-division games except Atlanta vs Kansas City. Bills need Titans to win out. Baltimore needs to lose their remaining games. Colts need to lose one of their games, etc etc.

It's an extremely narrow window for 1 seed.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why aren’t they showing them clinch #1 seed then? KC can’t be no worse than 13-3

Most likely it will be Chiefs #1, Buffalo #2 and Steelers #3. That said, there’s a crazy scenario or two (a lot of things have to happen) where the bills would be the #1 seed supposedly.

That’s why they haven’t technically clinched it yet.

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

3 way tie, head to head doesn't count anymore. Buffalo would be #1. 

It goes to strength of victory because no one would have a head to head sweep, all three teams would be 10-2 in the conference, and there aren't 4 common opponents.

The Bills need like 10 things to happen to boost their strength of victory.

12 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Allen looked fine in the Titans game. It was our defense and a lot of drops and penalties that killed us. But Allen's play wasn't the problem in that game. He was passing it well. So basically I don't think his injury had the negative effect that some think it did.

I blame the two game losing stretch on 

1. Our schedule being flipped upside down

2. Our defense not being healthy

Pats game was just poor passing weather and a game plan to run the ball. You don't score as many points when you have a bigger commitment to the running game. Chiefs ran it down our throats and only scored 26 points and that included a FG in the final minutes just to get to 26.

I really can't agree with you that Josh's injury didn't have a negative effect on his play.  His accuracy was off during those games with the ball sailing high.  Even Hasselbeck said on ESPN that he had a similar injury in his non-throwing shoulder and wearing a brace threw his mechanics off...with the ball sailing high.  As to your other two points, I agree that scheduling and our defense not being healthy (especially Edmunds shoulder) impacted those games.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

When it is a three way tie that changes, doesn't it? I think Bills would get the 1 seed in that scenario.

Bills would need the NFC South to lose all their inter-division games except Atlanta vs Kansas City. Bills need Titans to win out. Baltimore needs to lose their remaining games. Colts need to lose one of their games, etc etc.

You’re right, MJS. Good job explaining it.

I’m very excited about the possibilities of the #2 seed. Going from no home playoff games in 25 years to being guaranteed two home playoff games.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I really can't agree with you that Josh's injury didn't have a negative effect on his play.  His accuracy was off during those games with the ball sailing high.  Even Hasselbeck said on ESPN that he had a similar injury in his non-throwing shoulder and wearing a brace threw his mechanics off...with the ball sailing high.  As to your other two points, I agree that scheduling and our defense not being healthy (especially Edmunds shoulder) impacted those games.

Yeah, I saw that same interview with Hasselbeck. Once he explained it, it made sense to me why Josh seemed a little bit off during those few games.

This is one reason why it’s so important to not jump the gun (i.e. Edmunds sucks, Allen’s hot start to the season was a fluke, etc.) when someone struggles for a stretch.

We just don’t always have the context.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Yeah, I saw that same interview with Hasselbeck. Once he explained it, it made sense to me why Josh seemed a little bit off during those few games.

This is one reason why it’s so important to not jump the gun (ie - Edmunds sucks, Allen’s start to the season was a fluke, etc.) when someone struggles for a stretch. We just don’t always have the context.

This especially makes sense when you see how much Allen worked on his mechanics in the off season to improve his accuracy.  Anything that would throw those mechanics off would have an impact.

30 minutes ago, MJS said:

I was just on the playoff machine and as I was setting teams that KC beat to lose, I have Bills winning out and Steelers winning out and KC losing out, Ravens to split.  Then I have in Week 16, Vikes over Saints, Phins over Raiders, Bengals over Texans.  In week 17, I set Raiders over Broncos.  That puts us in the number 1 seed.  Outside of KC losing out, this could be plausible.  So the chance is miniscule, but it does exist.  Nice job MJS!

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i sort of remember that, but maybe have blocked out the negative plays--I can't remember him doing anything super bad. 

2 fumbles (1 lost) and a TD in his first 4 games with us as a PR/KR

After which I think the PR duties returned to the sure-handed "Micah Slyde", and Andre Roberts got signed in the off-season.

• Thank you (+1) 1