Pat Mahomes was weighing in on our game on Twitter

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I don’t understand the doubt about these young players. If that’s your belief then we should have gotten rid of Josh after his second year. Geesh: give these kids a chance. 

I've seen quite a few people peg/hamfist Tua into the list of top flight young AFC QBs when he hasn't done jack yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I don’t understand the doubt about these young players. If that’s your belief then we should have gotten rid of Josh after his second year. Geesh: give these kids a chance. 

Tua can be a good QB but I doubt he becomes elite. Mayfield is a game manager that needs a good running game to be effective.

Herbert has a similar skillset to Allen...he and Mahomes could be battling for the division for a long time.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

Tua can be a good QB but I doubt he becomes elite. Herbert has a similar skillset to Allen...he and Mahomes could be battling for the division for a long time.

I won’t argue that but writing any of these guys too early you do at your own peril. 

Being a Bama fan, he was so fun to watch. If he can capture a bit of that magic he could be very good. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TroutDog said:

I won’t argue that but writing any of these guys too early you do at your own peril. 

Being a Bama fan, he was so fun to watch. If he can capture a bit of that magic he could be very good. 

Oh he can definitely be good and win games. I just don't see him becoming elite. As in I don't think he will be able to carry a team on his back like Rodgers or Brady could.

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, ganesh said:

They are going to have some company in Tua, Herbert and Baker

There is still a guy name Watson who has been darn good (he has been the 5th best QB in the league this year) on a dreadful team. Now I think his top level is probably a tick below Mahomes, Allen and possibly Hebert too.... but his basic week to week level is there with anyone's he has played remarkably consistent football for 4 years. 

Then you have Joe Burrow who looked pretty darn good himself on a bad team and you have the spectre of Trevor Lawrence. 

All those guys are bigger long term worries than Baker - who is not a bust the kid can play and is finally in the right system but isn't as talented and Tua based on what I have seen so far. 

Edited by GunnerBill

41 minutes ago, ganesh said:

They are going to have some company in Tua, Herbert and Baker

Tua and Herbert still have a lot to prove. Baker will be in a tier below Allen for the rest of his career, in my opinion. He is a good QB, though.

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was also watching his division rival and rooting against them I’m sure. Denver poses no threat to him this year but I’m sure he still wanted them to lose 

Guarantee he wanted Buffalo to lose, and that’s about the biggest complement there is.  The Bills are the biggest obstacle to a Chiefs dynasty.  Both franchises are stacked and will be for a long time.

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Question: what is it you see in Baker and in Tua so far that suggest they will be company for Mahomes and hopefully Allen?

Herbert appears legit.

Question, 

Seriously, what do you see in Herbert over 2 QB's that have their teams going into the playoffs? Are you seeing Herbert hitting many tight windows? I'm not...

Edited by Figster

19 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

There was a good discussion on one of the ESPN NFL Sunday Countown this morning (with Rex, Randy Moss, Bruschi and Matt Hasselbeck) regarding Mahomes and Allen.

Bruschi talks about can Allen lead teams back...does he not know that Allen is among the NFL leaders since his rookie year in 4th Q comebacks and GW drives? Hasn't had much of a chance lately because the Bills have been T rolling teams since the Cardinals game but even in the playoffs with everything going bad in the 2nd half, Allen still led them down for a FG to tie the game and send it into OT...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s tough to not root for josh Allen - a lot of players just gravitate toward him, humble kid who has earned everything he’s gotten. 

I was surprised he made it in the NFL Top 100 list last year, that shows you what the players think of him. This year he'll be top 10 for sure, probably even top 5.

55 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Tua can be a good QB but I doubt he becomes elite. Mayfield is a game manager that needs a good running game to be effective.

Herbert has a similar skillset to Allen...he and Mahomes could be battling for the division for a long time.

Is Herbert the next Philip Rivers ( which clearly isn't bad ) or the next Drew Brees?

I agree with your assessment of Mayfield...

Myself personally, Tua could become great If his body holds up IMO.. It will not surprise me If Tua and Allen clash much like Marino and Kelly back in the day.   Tua and Russell Wilson have a very similar skill set IMO.

Edited by Figster

16 minutes ago, Figster said:

Is Herbert the next Philip Rivers ( which clearly isn't bad ) or the next Drew Brees?

I agree with your assessment of Mayfield...

Myself personally, Tua could become great If his body holds up IMO.. It will not surprise me If Tua and Allen clash much like Marino and Kelly back in the day.   Tua and Russell Wilson have a very similar skill set IMO.

I think Wilson has more arm strength than Tua

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BfloBillsFan said:

Herbert: looks to be legit 

Herbert, and Burrow, are by far the best rookie QB's in the league currently. 

We WILL have to deal with them both, at some point.

34 minutes ago, Figster said:

Question, 

Seriously, what do you see in Herbert over 2 QB's that have their teams going into the playoffs? Are you seeing Herbert hitting many tight windows? I'm not...

All day, yes. Herbert is really good already for being a rookie. I respectfully disagree.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I think Wilson has more arm strength than Tua

I agree, 

Tua has an amazingly fast release which almost serves as a faster velocity throw in tight windows IMO. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Herbert, and Burrow, are by far the best rookie QB's in the league currently. 

We WILL have to deal with them both, at some point.

All day, yes. Herbert is really good already for being a rookie. I respectfully disagree.

Herbert has looked good, but when people start making comments like the Dolphins picked the wrong guy we should probably let things play out for the rookies/ young signal callers before all the bold assessments IMO.

Some people simply don't like tossing out high praise to an arch rival.

I can respect that...

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Bruschi talks about can Allen lead teams back...does he not know that Allen is among the NFL leaders since his rookie year in 4th Q comebacks and GW drives? Hasn't had much of a chance lately because the Bills have been T rolling teams since the Cardinals game but even in the playoffs with everything going bad in the 2nd half, Allen still led them down for a FG to tie the game and send it into OT...

If Josh hadn't tried that lateral which didn't actually effect the game people wouldn't be talking crap about Josh from his first playoff experience.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I was surprised he made it in the NFL Top 100 list last year, that shows you what the players think of him. This year he'll be top 10 for sure, probably even top 5.

Though his results were inconsistent last year, defenses seemed to hate preparing for and playing him because of the skill set, you need to defense every part of the field and he can outright humiliate defenders In certain situations