AFC QB's vs. NFC QB's

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t hate other teams....I’d just to prefer that all the good young QBs were in the opposite conference.  

literally every good young QB is in the AFC, minus Murray.  The 2 best QBs that aren’t even in the NFL are already in the AFC.  Double sigh

I dont prefer tye good qbs yo be in the other conferenc. During our glory years the NFC was the better conference.  How did that work out for us?

Iron sharpens Iron. Id rather they be the best of the best going into SB sunday. Not the team that got in because they were the best of a bunch of average teams

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think Jackson and Tua will both be backups in 2-3 years.  And Darnold will likely end up in the NFC and I still believe he's very good.  My guess is that it'll even out and there will be 2-3 legitimately great QBs in each conference when it's all said and done.

Mahomes, Allen & Herbert will dominate the AFC for years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If I had to guess, in the AFC, Mahomes, Allen and Herbert end up running the conference for the next decade. I feel like the biggest similarity that Herbert and Allen share is what is inside their head. And that means a lot because they obviously have pretty similar physical traits too.

Herbert looks like the real deal, doesn't he? Unless he regresses next year. I do not think he will though.

Herbert, Allen, Mahomes and you also have Joe Burrow.

Lamar is a game wrecker, but what if he can no longer rush for 100 yards per game?

18 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I dont prefer tye good qbs yo be in the other conferenc. During our glory years the NFC was the better conference.  How did that work out for us?

Iron sharpens Iron. Id rather they be the best of the best going into SB sunday. Not the team that got in because they were the best of a bunch of average teams

We did something no other team in history did.  I doubt the QB ratio had anything to do with Norwood missing a FG

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Mahomes, Allen & Herbert will dominate the AFC for years.

What about Burrow and Lawrence?  Watson?  

I agree that the 3 you listed have the highest upside, but the 3 I listed can dominate right there with them. 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We did something no other team in history did.  I doubt the QB ratio had anything to do with Norwood missing a FG

What about Burrow and Lawrence?  Watson?  

I agree that the 3 you listed have the highest upside, but the 3 I listed can dominate right there with them. 

Yes we did. And it was quite an accomplishment. However the NFC was bettwr at the time winning what like 10 straight....

We shpuld have beat the Giants, it was more than norwood.  Dallas owned us as did washington 

Again, if you come out of the best conference you are going to win. 

Id rather be that guy then giy who made it out of the weak conference

58 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Yes we did. And it was quite an accomplishment. However the NFC was bettwr at the time winning what like 10 straight....

We shpuld have beat the Giants, it was more than norwood.  Dallas owned us as did washington 

Yes, the NFC was better. That’s one of the reasons that we made the SB 4 years in a row.  The NFC being better has nothing to do with Scott Norwood missing a fg.  The fact that the AFC didn’t have good QBs has NOTHING to do with us NOT winning a Super Bowl.  

the super bowl winner isn’t from the best conference every year......why would you even say such a stupid thing. 

You’re so heroic in wanting to beat all the best teams en route to a title.  Sure, that would be the most celebratory scenario.  It’s also the least likely scenario in which we WIN the super bowl.  Win ONE super bowl.  After that, I could care less.  Right now, give me the easiest road and a Lombardi.  I’d rather face Danny Dimes, Cousins and Goff in my super bowl run than Mahomes, Watson and Burrow.  

I’d rather be the guy that wins a super bowl.  Having a better chance of getting to the SB gives you a better chance to win the super bowl.  Being in the most difficult conference doesn’t give you a better chance to make the the SB. Being in the best conference might improve your chances of winning the SB IF you happen to make it there.  

12 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It is pretty crazy.  The AFC is currently loaded with young, talented QB's compared to the NFC. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the NFC to catch up to the AFC, once the "old guard" QB's retire. Brady, Brees, Ryan, Stafford, Rodgers, (Wilson?) are all on the back 9, while guys like Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Burrow, Tua, Mayfield, Herbert, (Lock?) are just teeing of on the first couple of holes.  (Not to mention Lawrence and Fields both coming soon to the Jets and Jags). 

I know there are some exceptions, like Roethlisberger and Rivers in the AFC and Murray in the NFC, but generally, there are way more up and coming QB's in the AFC compared to the NFC. I believe that the AFC will dominate for several years, until this tide turns.  

I did a thread on this a couple months ago.  Insane how outside of Murray there isn't much there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I did a thread on this a couple months ago.  Insane how outside of Murray there isn't much there. 

Brees has won a championship, Brady, more then one. Rodgers, Russell Wilson. I realize we're talking about young QB's, but before we talk about the league being lopsided I think these so called over the hill signal callers might have something to say about it IMO. Aside from Mahomes (and Big Ben), all the other young signal callers in the AFC haven't really accomplished much IMO.

QB's likeTua, Herbert, and Burrows, haven't accomplished anything. Don't get me wrong, Herbert looked very impressive vs the Raiders. Tua almost beats K C with his teamates dropping like flys.

Edited by Figster

13 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It is pretty crazy.  The AFC is currently loaded with young, talented QB's compared to the NFC. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the NFC to catch up to the AFC, once the "old guard" QB's retire. Brady, Brees, Ryan, Stafford, Rodgers, (Wilson?) are all on the back 9, while guys like Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Burrow, Tua, Mayfield, Herbert, (Lock?) are just teeing of on the first couple of holes.  (Not to mention Lawrence and Fields both coming soon to the Jets and Jags). 

I know there are some exceptions, like Roethlisberger and Rivers in the AFC and Murray in the NFC, but generally, there are way more up and coming QB's in the AFC compared to the NFC. I believe that the AFC will dominate for several years, until this tide turns.  

Stafford.  Overrated.   1 playoff appearance.   

Ryan.   Overrated.   How many losing seasons is this?

Brady soon to retire. 

Brees done this year according to what was on NFL network yesterday.  

Wilson yes.  

Rodgers is 37 lets remember.   Won't be around forever.  

Topic was young QBs.  There is 1.  Maybe 2 that look like they will be the face of the franchise in 10 years. 

Meant for this to be a response to the one above.  Ha

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Stafford.  Overrated.   1 playoff appearance.   

Ryan.   Overrated.   How many losing seasons is this?

Brady soon to retire. 

Brees done this year according to what was on NFL network yesterday.  

Wilson yes.  

Rodgers is 37 lets remember.   Won't be around forever.  

Topic was young QBs.  There is 1.  Maybe 2 that look like they will be the face of the franchise in 10 years. 

Meant for this to be a response to the one above.  Ha

Star is born every day. Real time we really don't know for sure how great they will become. Lots of one hit wonders. We can all speculate until they deliver with post season wins and championships. Jalen Hurst in the NFC might be that next  guy. 

While football is a team sport I've always viewed the QB of a football team like a pitcher in baseball. Wins and losses a measurement of their  game management skills. Yardage means nothing when you lose football games IMO.

Edited by Figster

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yes, the NFC was better. That’s one of the reasons that we made the SB 4 years in a row.  The NFC being better has nothing to do with Scott Norwood missing a fg.  The fact that the AFC didn’t have good QBs has NOTHING to do with us NOT winning a Super Bowl.  

the super bowl winner isn’t from the best conference every year......why would you even say such a stupid thing. 

You’re so heroic in wanting to beat all the best teams en route to a title.  Sure, that would be the most celebratory scenario.  It’s also the least likely scenario in which we WIN the super bowl.  Win ONE super bowl.  After that, I could care less.  Right now, give me the easiest road and a Lombardi.  I’d rather face Danny Dimes, Cousins and Goff in my super bowl run than Mahomes, Watson and Burrow.  

I’d rather be the guy that wins a super bowl.  Having a better chance of getting to the SB gives you a better chance to win the super bowl.  Being in the most difficult conference doesn’t give you a better chance to make the the SB. Being in the best conference might improve your chances of winning the SB IF you happen to make it there.  

I didnt say the superbowl winner came from the best conference EVERY year.  Why would YOU say something so stupid?  I said at that time the NFC ran off what 13 straight..Id have to look up the exact number

In fact its kind of stupid to think that playing and beating top tier opponents doesnt make a difference when the big game comes. 

An argument can be made that having a easy route may mean you get there, and sure you may pull one off, but a majority of the time you will lose.

Id rather be able to say my team is the absolute best regardless of who we play against and those kids battling the best all year damn sure prepares them for what should be the most intense and important game of their life.

By the way Id rather be the guy that wins the superbowl too.  I just would rather "harden" up on the way there as opposed to hoping I belong once I got there.

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think Jackson and Tua will both be backups in 2-3 years.  And Darnold will likely end up in the NFC and I still believe he's very good.  My guess is that it'll even out and there will be 2-3 legitimately great QBs in each conference when it's all said and done.

I'm really curious how you see Darnold better than Jackson?

6 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

10 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I didnt say the superbowl winner came from the best conference EVERY year.  Why would YOU say something so stupid?  I said at that time the NFC ran off what 13 straight..Id have to look up the exact number

In fact its kind of stupid to think that playing and beating top tier opponents doesnt make a difference when the big game comes. 

An argument can be made that having a easy route may mean you get there, and sure you may pull one off, but a majority of the time you will lose.

Id rather be able to say my team is the absolute best regardless of who we play against and those kids battling the best all year damn sure prepares them for what should be the most intense and important game of their life.

By the way Id rather be the guy that wins the superbowl too.  I just would rather "harden" up on the way there as opposed to hoping I belong once I got there.

If you win the super bowl and you didn’t beat the best teams......you’re still going to say you beat the best teams.  You won the super bowl.  You’re the champs.  NO ONE cares how you won or who you beat.  It doesn’t matter. Sure, it might feel a bit better to go on a great streak and beat all the best teams........but then again.......it’s more difficult and might mean that you lose and don’t win jack ****.   

agree to disagree.  I’m a realist.  Playing lesser teams = a better chance to win the title in most

cases.  It’s really simple math.  Each game, each team has a % chance to win.  The greater % chance you have each week, the greater % chance you have to win the super bowl.  

agree to disagree my man.  Looks like you’re going to get your wish.  We’re in the best conference for the next 10+ years.  

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think Darnold will be in Indy or SF next year.  We’ll have the conversation if that happens.  

not to say that Darnold IS currently better..... I just think it’s impossible to properly grade Darnold due to the circumstances.  Lamar landed in the perfect football culture with the perfect coach.  Darnold landed in hell

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If you win the super bowl and you didn’t beat the best teams......you’re still going to say you beat the best teams.  You won the super bowl.  You’re the champs.  NO ONE cares how you won or who you beat.  It doesn’t matter. Sure, it might feel a bit better to go on a great streak and beat all the best teams........but then again.......it’s more difficult and might mean that you lose and don’t win jack ****.   

agree to disagree.  I’m a realist.  Playing lesser teams = a better chance to win the title in most

cases.  It’s really simple math.  Each game, each team has a % chance to win.  The greater % chance you have each week, the greater % chance you have to win the super bowl.  

agree to disagree my man.  Looks like you’re going to get your wish.  We’re in the best conference for the next 10+ years.  

I think Darnold will be in Indy or SF next year.  We’ll have the conversation if that happens.  

not to say that Darnold IS currently better..... I just think it’s impossible to properly grade Darnold due to the circumstances.  Lamar landed in the perfect football culture with the perfect coach.  Darnold landed in hell

That is a fair take. Agree Darnold's story is probably not fully told.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is cyclical. The NFC has some older QBs. Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, Stafford are long entrenched starters that have kept their team out of the QB stakes for a long time. The AFC has had more churn. The best 5 QBs in the NFL this year have been 3 AFC and 2 NFC. Just happens that Rodgers and Wilson are at the older end. 

AFC does look like a bit of a QB gauntlet the next few years. I say good. While obviously I want the Bills to win I also want to see good football. And good football normally requires good Quarterbacking.

When did Wilson become become older?

Isn't his best football ahead of him?

I think the AFC does have a major advantage:

Mahomes

Allen

Watson

Herbert

Mayfield

Lamar

Plus you’ll likely have Lawrence & Fields entering the conference next season.

Plus Burrow!

NFC 

Rodgers

Wilson

Brady

Murray

Brees

Goff

Stafford

Ryan

I would say in 5yrs the only ones from the NFC who will still be there will be Murray Wilson & Goff and POSSIBLY Rodgers. 

Edited by Dkollidas
Forgot Burrow

11 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If I had to guess, in the AFC, Mahomes, Allen and Herbert end up running the conference for the next decade. I feel like the biggest similarity that Herbert and Allen share is what is inside their head. And that means a lot because they obviously have pretty similar physical traits too.

Burrow seems to be the real deal as well. Hopefully he can bounce back from the injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think he has more talent, is more versatile and is smarter than Jackson.  We haven't seen what Darnold brings because he was drafted by the worst, least talented team in the NFL - from ownership to waterboy.  Jackson was drafted into a great situation from top, down.  Surrounded by talent and has a great defense behind him.  But he's not good enough to lead the team further than making the playoffs.  He's a runner and primarily passes to only easy targets over the middle.  Darnold has a lot more to his game and his highter intellect will make him the better QB.