AFC QB's vs. NFC QB's

23 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think Jackson and Tua will both be backups in 2-3 years.  And Darnold will likely end up in the NFC and I still believe he's very good.  My guess is that it'll even out and there will be 2-3 legitimately great QBs in each conference when it's all said and done.

sorry I have to laugh at this.. Teams have figured out Jackson and that's why he struggles. Tua its possible but there's to much unknown about him to make the assumption. I think many of us want Jackson and Mayfield to fail because we want to END the conversation on who was the best QB out of that draft. We all know its Josh but there's still doubters out there and as a fan that is nerving. We just want Tua to fail well because.. he is a Dolphin lol.. Book not out yet on Tua. Tua needs some arm strength and if he cant improve that well game over quickly for him.

Just playing some fun devils advocate here and seeing the bigger picture lol

• Like (+1) 1

Well I agree with the OP the the AFC has the lions shares of the best young QBs and by a good margin. 

It will be interesting to see how that plays out in the next 5+ years.  There was a time from 80’s and early 90’s that the AFC had the best QBs but the NFC had dominant defenses and won more Super Bowls.  The game has changed and rules now favor the offense and scoring.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

sorry I have to laugh at this.. Teams have figured out Jackson and that's why he struggles. Tua its possible but there's to much unknown about him to make the assumption. I think many of us want Jackson and Mayfield to fail because we want to END the conversation on who was the best QB out of that draft. We all know its Josh but there's still doubters out there and as a fan that is nerving. We just want Tua to fail well because.. he is a Dolphin lol.. Book not out yet on Tua. Tua needs some arm strength and if he cant improve that well game over quickly for him.

Just playing some fun devils advocate here and seeing the bigger picture lol

Tua's throwing velocity is a half mile slower then Deshaun Watson ( 53.5, 54 ) and makes up for it with the fastest release time in the NFL.

You can't teach the kind of pin point accuracy Tua displayed for Alabama IMO.

Lamar Jackson will be the Ravens franchise QB for the next 10 years...( IMO )

(On a side note at one time Ryan Fitzpatrick was ranked 31 out of 32 starters in throwing velocity.)

Edited by Figster

On 12/17/2020 at 9:18 PM, Gugny said:

I think Jackson and Tua will both be backups in 2-3 years.  And Darnold will likely end up in the NFC and I still believe he's very good.  My guess is that it'll even out and there will be 2-3 legitimately great QBs in each conference when it's all said and done.

Jackson is not as bad people want him to be.  Tua is too early to tell one way or another.  Darnold looks like the same guy I watched at SC, only now the higher level opposing talent in the pro ranks makes his talent emerge in flashes rather than consistently good play.   He’s a turnover prone, underwhelming QB.  I don’t think he’ll be much different wherever he winds up.  Better than he is now?   Possibly.  A difference maker at the position?  Doubt it.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:08 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Lawerence and Fields up next. Double Yikes.

Fields?  He's "up next" to be the latest OSU NFL QB bust.   Yikes indeed...

24 minutes ago, Figster said:

Tua's throwing velocity is a half mile slower then Deshaun Watson ( 53.5, 54 ) and makes up for it with the fastest release time in the NFL.

(On a side note at one time Ryan Fitzpatrick was ranked 31 out of 32 starters in throwing velocity.)

Josh Allen went from 53% to 69% in 2 years.   It can be taught.

51 minutes ago, Figster said:

I agree with all of this. That's why i laugh at posts saying these 2 QB will be backups in next 2-3 years lol

• Like (+1) 1