Will Biscuit get in to the HOF? Video highlights w/ Tasker

Chandler#81

I know many here talk about his transgressions off the field but he was a game wrecker and I believe he should be voted in. 

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

IIRC, unlike the MLB HOF, off field issues aren’t supposed to be a determination of eligibility by the voters?  

Correct. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Besides Biscuit, the only other multiple-time DPOY winners are: Mean Joe Greene, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary, Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Ray Lewis, JJ Watt, & Aaron Donald. All are in the Hall of Fame except Watt & Donald, who are both basically shoo-ins once they retire. Biscuit should be there too.

• Thank you (+1) 2

A convicted sex offender with borderline credentials?  Not a chance in he....

25 minutes ago, 947 said:

Besides Biscuit, the only other multiple-time DPOY winners are: Mean Joe Greene, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary, Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Ray Lewis, JJ Watt, & Aaron Donald. All are in the Hall of Fame except Watt & Donald, who are both basically shoo-ins once they retire. Biscuit should be there too.

I may be wrong, but Biscuit's were AFC DPOY where those others are NFL DPOY. Still impressive but I don't think you are comparing apple to apples

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

2X DPOY + 5 PBs + 5 SBs + Game Changer = HOF.

11 hours ago, 947 said:

If he were 2 time DPOY, perhaps.... but he was never that as far as I can tell and I mean even lookin at AP, football writers of America, and the 8 other more obscure ones. 

Bryce Paup won that more times then biscuit 

He had between a Clay Mathews And Mario Williams sort of career. I don’t see either as canton bound. 

Pat Swilling is Just one example of someone who would need to be indicted before Bennett should even be a thought. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Bennett has borderline stats at best.  So look at post season.....he has like no post season stats despite lots of games played. Like 2 sacks.  That and the sex offender thing I do t think so. 

I predict Tasker gets in.  With all the guys they let i. Last year it opens things up a bit.  

15 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

2X DPOY + 5 PBs + 5 SBs + Game Changer = HOF.

He never won nfl DPOY

what did he do in the post season despite all those opportunities?

He was a game changer at times but often was invisible. 
He played with the best pass rusher of all time and never got to double digit sacks.  

Edited by mattynh
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Bennett has borderline stats at best.  So look at post season.....he has like no post season stats despite lots of games played. Like 2 sacks.  That and the sex offender thing I do t think so. 

I predict talker gets in.  With all the guys they let i. Last year it opens things up a bit.  

He never won nfl DPOY

what did he do in the post season despite all those opportunities?

He was a game changer at times but often was invisible. 
He played with the best pass rusher of all time and never got to double digit sacks.  

Thanks! For nothing..

You are not allowed to celebrate here, should the Hall elect him.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

IIRC, unlike the MLB HOF, off field issues aren’t supposed to be a determination of eligibility by the voters?  

I occasionally listen to HOF radio on NFLR Saturday mornings heading to the gym, and the guy who runs it (Joe Horrigan) and he is adamant inductees are only to be considered for their on field activities and accomplishments.  Callers often when they have them will ask why OJ is still in or this veteran like Pat Tillman and others should get in to the Hall.  He’s consistent, and Vic repeats almost verbatim on his Press Coverage show as they used to take callers (Sat’s, if you want to catch it) about inductees and off field is not supposed to matter.  Vic once explained when he took over for the great Larry Felser as a voter representing the Bills, that he was educated when given that honor that he was not to consider off field issues.  He even mentioned once that TO was not held out a year because of his locker room stuff with McNabb or anyone else.

If they are being honest, then it shouldn’t factor into the decision.  I definitely think he is deserving, not because I’m a Bills homer, but objectively he was one of the best at his time.  When he gained that 25 lbs. of muscle one year to the next, he became a wrecking crew.  The difference is not that he was 245 lbs. or so, but he was really quick for his size.  Remember in his era, a lot of LB’s were his size.  It was a different game back then, but he defined sideline to sideline play.

I understand how hard it is for Tasker to get in as he would be pretty much the first non kicker/punter S. Teamer to get into the Hall.  The thing you hear form these voters is to ask the question, did this player transform the game in some way. The answer is undoubtedly yes for Tasker.  Maybe someday we’ll see the best ST returner get in as those guys are a rare breed.

Chandman, thanks for sharing.  Great to get up this morning to this clip.  Appreciate it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks! For nothing..

You are not allowed to celebrate here, should the Hall elect him.

You should thank me for the facts. 

I think the HOF let’s too many as it is.  He did not have a HOF career IMO.  

No problem I won’t celebrate a sex offender.  

Edited by mattynh

Sorry I forgot to add (need more coffee), my reference to Tillman was they would answer that question that in the Hall they have a salute to the veterans type display/memorial, and that is how they celebrate guys like Tillman and Our guy from Vietnam, but that is not inclusion criteria fir the Hall.  Horrigan went in to recite all the statistics or NFL players who lost their lives in earlier wars like WW2, and Korea.  I had no idea that many NFL/Military died in WW2.

Sorry for a long winded reply.  As to whether any fan wants or doesn’t want a player to get in who did something despicable in their private life, you have every right as we’re celebrating his morals as what Bennett did off the field is disgusting, but simply his play.