Ravens Win. Good news for the Bills

peterlaw

Some were hoping for a Browns win to seal a super early Play Off spot for the Bills.

But a Browns loss all but confirms the Steelers as AFCN champs with their next game against the Bengals.
Steelers will get seeded 2 or 3 if Bills can leapfrog.

So if Bills stay at 3 seed (or get to 2) that means if we can get through the Wildcard round the Divisional game will be against Steelers.

Steelers seem to be the weakest potential opponent of any of the AFC contenders.

Lots can change but that’s not a bad scenario for the Bills.

#GoBills

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Would much rather have seen a Ravens loss. Don't want to play them, and now we easily might, even on wild card weekend.

Disagree. Bills struggle with the run. Chubb and Hunt scare me more than the Ravens. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 1

Wildcard won’t be easy.  Lots of good teams.  Best options look to be Colts or Dolphins or Raiders.  Worst options Titans, Ravens or Browns (run heavy teams).  But for the Divisional round you couldn’t ask for better than the Steelers.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Disagree. Bills struggle with the run. Chubb and Hunt scare me more than the Ravens. 

Do we though?  I haven’t been too worried about teams running on us for a few weeks now. 

Our defense is getting healthy and rounding into shape.  

• Like (+1) 9

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Bills D is improving against the Run.  Thinking of the 49ers game in particular.  Bills playing more aggressive. LBs closer to the line of scrimmage.  Good test coming up against Broncos.

• Like (+1) 2

Whoever the opponent may be it's the Playoffs. It's win or go home. I expect after last year that this team will be in a different place mentally once that time rolls around. The improvement on the offensive side of the ball is huge. The defense getting healthy at the right time even more so. If we can run the ball just enough to keep teams off balance then I like our chances against ANYONE in this league. 

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I can't see how people actually want to play the Ravens in the first round... they are the last team I'd want to play... crossing my fingers for a Dolphins or Colts match up. 

Eh. The AFC is so stacked. A lot of good teams so WC weekend will be no cake walk. 

There is a realistic scenario where the Ravens win out, get to 11-5 and still don’t make the Play Offs.  This would involve the Bills resting all their starters in Week 17 and gifting Miami a win.  And then play Miami the following week in the Wildcard.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll take on anyone. Especially in Buff. Phins are the only possible easy out. Otherwise, we are going to have to stop the run. 

I like our odds against the Phins, Colts, as I think both these teams will cave in cold weather. 

Browns i just would like to see that game. Rookie rivals versus 89 revenge matchup 31 years in the making. 

Ravens and Titans are the ones we dont want. I doubt we play the Titans , but Ravens scare me the most, but I still dont really fear em.

14 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Given what Kyler Murray did to us, I’m not sure I wanna face Jackson

Murray is a better passer than Jackson and almost as dynamic a runner. We lost on a Hail Mary thrown to DeAndre Hopkins. It was a fluke and this team pulled together even more because of it. As long as the team's overall health continues to trend in the right direction, and if we can get Smoke back at full tilt come the Playoffs, then we are the team that no one wants to see. 

• Like (+1) 3

In my opinion, Steelers are NOT the team you want to play in the playoffs. Steelers are missing Dupree and Spillane and Haden, with just one done for the season. Vince Williams, their leading run stopping LBer was out due to COVID, he'll be back. They had situational injuries throughout the Offensive Line. The Bills did a great job and I'm not taking anything away from them because Pitt still had great players in the game and the biggest difference was the Bills' Defense. 

But all of that said, Ben's long history of playoff and Super Bowl experience, the #1 Defense in the NFL, players getting healthy at the end of the year, depth at key positions and basically a fully operational Offense (only one major injury early in the year) with 4 high quality NFL WRs and Big Ben - is NOT the smoke you ask for, it's the one you deal with. 

As for which team the Bills would "prefer" to face on Wildcard weekend, I just don't have a preference. I think at this point all of the teams have ways of beating / overcoming the Bills depending on how that team prepares for the Bills and how the Bills prepare for that team.

Tenn has a beast in Henry, and him getting moving in a cold weather game could be lights out for the Bills if the Defense misses some tackles and Josh is forced to sling it 50 times. 

Indy has a very underrated Defense as they create turnovers, sacks, and disruption for momentum plus an improved running game and experienced QB in Rivers, although lost some zip on his arm.

Ravens - well, when healthy, a very good Defense and the running game is everything.

Browns - strong running game, Defense is a bit of a roller coaster ride - but when they're "high", they're tough to get through.

Miami - Divisional opponent and IF, that's still a big IF, the Bills beat them to end the season, it's usually difficult to beat a Divisional opponent 3 times in a year, let alone in back to back weeks. Plus, they've got an opportunistic Defense and a pretty solid running game.

All are difficult, but I'd rather avoid the Steelers in the opening round.

• Like (+1) 2

I just want the Bills to take care of their own business these next three weeks. Having quickly scanned the remaining schedules of our major contenders they all have a pretty easy final three weeks. I was honestly hoping they’d all be playing each other, but sadly not. In this oddest of all NFL seasons I can see some of the cellar dweller teams just folding up their tent and rolling over. The Bills need to focus!

6 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

In my opinion, Steelers are NOT the team you want to play in the playoffs. Steelers are missing Dupree and Spillane and Haden, with just one done for the season. Vince Williams, their leading run stopping LBer was out due to COVID, he'll be back. They had situational injuries throughout the Offensive Line. The Bills did a great job and I'm not taking anything away from them because Pitt still had great players in the game and the biggest difference was the Bills' Defense. 

But all of that said, Ben's long history of playoff and Super Bowl experience, the #1 Defense in the NFL, players getting healthy at the end of the year, depth at key positions and basically a fully operational Offense (only one major injury early in the year) with 4 high quality NFL WRs and Big Ben - is NOT the smoke you ask for, it's the one you deal with. 

As for which team the Bills would "prefer" to face on Wildcard weekend, I just don't have a preference. I think at this point all of the teams have ways of beating / overcoming the Bills depending on how that team prepares for the Bills and how the Bills prepare for that team.

Tenn has a beast in Henry, and him getting moving in a cold weather game could be lights out for the Bills if the Defense misses some tackles and Josh is forced to sling it 50 times. 

Indy has a very underrated Defense as they create turnovers, sacks, and disruption for momentum plus an improved running game and experienced QB in Rivers, although lost some zip on his arm.

Ravens - well, when healthy, a very good Defense and the running game is everything.

Browns - strong running game, Defense is a bit of a roller coaster ride - but when they're "high", they're tough to get through.

Miami - Divisional opponent and IF, that's still a big IF, the Bills beat them to end the season, it's usually difficult to beat a Divisional opponent 3 times in a year, let alone in back to back weeks. Plus, they've got an opportunistic Defense and a pretty solid running game.

All are difficult, but I'd rather avoid the Steelers in the opening round.

Seems virtually impossible we could face Steelers in the Wildcard.  But very good chance of meeting in the Divisional round.  The Steelers Offense looks the weakest of all the contenders.  Agree the D looks good but great to see JA17 beating the all out blitz.  Big Ben doesn’t look like the Big Ben of old. 

• Like (+1) 1