The Bills are finally legit

BillsCuse

Last night the torch was passed.  The last of the old guard fell.  The AFC now belongs to Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Carr, Tua, Burrows, Herbert, and Mayfield.

Edited by wjag

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not even our Negative Nellie in house crew could go that far, could they?;)

They don't suck, but by the end of the game they had their last OL reserves playing along the entire line and a couple D guys out. The Bills played well and deserve the congrats, but are they the better team if everyone is healthy? I don't think a rematch would look the same. Still, that's the breaks in the NFL. We've been on the short end more than I care to say, so Go Bills!

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

The strangest thing for me watching the Steelers game was that I was calm, even in the first quarter.  The Bills and Steelers were clawing and scratching, and yet I had NO DOUBT that the Bills were going to fix things and win going away.  And in the fourth quarter, when the Steelers made it a one-score game, I never lost the quiet feeling that we would still win.

This is such a strange change from past 20 years, where it seemed the Bills themselves were always pretty sure they'd grab defeat from the jaws of victory.  Now, when they're challenged, they just pull together and figure things out.

I don't know if the Bills can beat the Chiefs but we have a good shot.  We lost to the Chiefs when our D was really injured.  Edmunds is playing well again, what a surprise that he really can play if his shoulder isn't injured (/s). Miami showed us the Chiefs can be slowed down, but Miami couldn't compete offensively.  It is not impossible at all that the Bills make it to the SB.   I did not thing that was possible with the schedule so daunting, but the Bills have come through. 

I think that after health care personnel get the virus vaccination, that Bills season ticket holders should be next in line.  Fill the stadium and let the good times roll.

Since there won't be fans in the stands, the Chiefs' home-field loses a lot of its potency, so yeah!

Edited by flmike

Good sh*t Buffalo.  You legit kicked Pittburgh's a** on both sides of the ball. The Bills were everywhere on defense and they turned it around on offense like what true SB teams do. From a Pats fan...."why not you guys in the SB!?" You guys are SB contenders. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Weak schedule?  Didn't the Bills have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL?

Rams, Dolphins, Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals and Steelers all have winning records.  

Their opponents under .500 have also included the Patriots, Chargers and 49ers, who aren't exactly push-overs.

You’re now trying to get me to follow the logic of Twitter haters. I think we have a solid schedule. But when you need to hate a team, you do enough mental gymnastics to make it work. 

36 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Weak schedule?  Didn't the Bills have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL?

Rams, Dolphins, Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals and Steelers all have winning records.  

Their opponents under .500 have also included the Patriots, Chargers and 49ers, who aren't exactly push-overs.

Yeah. Bills literally have the highest strength of victory record in the NFL of the playoff teams. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah. Bills literally have the highest strength of victory record in the NFL of the playoff teams. 

Contender forged in steel..  All these tough games are going to pay dividends.

8 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

Its been a long, long wait.  After years and years of just hoping The Bills could be at least a little bit above average - they finally look like they are a legitimate contender.  They might win the Super Bowl, they might not - but the dark cloudy days are finally going away and it looks like the sun will be shining for awhile.  Feels good

There will still be a significant portion of Bills fans that try to conjure the doom and gloom every week, in the Game Day thread. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Good sh*t Buffalo.  You legit kicked Pittsburgh's a** on both sides of the ball. The Bills were everywhere on defense and they turned it around on offense like what true SB teams do. From a Pats fan...."why not you guys in the SB!?" You guys are SB contenders. 

Thanks.  Only thing that stands in our way is KC. To beat KC I feel we have to 

1. play a perfect game

2. KC has to be slightly under the weather.

AFC Champ game I could see both sides only having one or 2 punts..