End of the Carson Wentz Era

I think Wentz would love to have the team and career path Josh has had.  Wentz came in with a bang whereas Allen has improved each year.   Wentz a second draft pick and on a winning SB teams his second year, that is world of expectations.  Allen was hotly contested with his now infamous accuracy issues.  The Eagles situation is borderline fire, HC now in jeopardy, way over the salary cap, many injuries.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

Said it in the other thread about Wentz.  Think he is one of the best people in the NFL.  His work outside of the NFL through his AO1 Charity is fantastic.  However, he hasnt been the same since the knee injury.  He cant drive the ball anymore.   Watching him throw an out is honestly kind of sad.     Hope he can comeback from this, but if he doesnt I know he will do more with his life outside of the game than a lot of us will ever imagine.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

He may go to Indy next year........just pack that away in your memory banks.

Then I suppose Wentz can embroil that team in sloppy mediocrity for a few years and it'll be a positive for the Bills with one less AFC team to worry about.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Said it in the other thread about Wentz.  Think he is one of the best people in the NFL.  His work outside of the NFL through his AO1 Charity is fantastic.  However, he hasnt been the same since the knee injury.  He cant drive the ball anymore.   Watching him throw an out is honestly kind of sad.     Hope he can comeback from this, but if he doesnt I know he will do more with his life outside of the game than a lot of us will ever imagine.

He has no confidence in himself, no confidence in his OLine, no confidence in the receivers and no confidence in the playcalls...

Orlovsky has a video of a play where he has a perfect pocket and he never even set his feet on the dropback, he kept leaning forward and basically took off from a clean pocket, ran into pressure and then threw a ball out of bounds as he was getting hit...

It was really bad QB play...reminded me of something we would see in Josh's rookie season, but Allen was still learning how to play...Wentz has no excuses for this.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Carson Wentz inherited the Best Offensive Line in Football. 

LT - Jason Peters 

LG - Stephen Wisniewski

C - Jason Kelce

RG - Brandon Brooks

RT - Lane Johnson

In Year 2017, his supposed "MVP" year (we now realize that was a joke, Wentz was NEVER an MVP caliber player, ever):

The LT, C, RG, and RT were ALL playing at an All-Pro level. The worst member of his OL, the LG, was playing at a near Pro Bowl level.

Let me repeat:

5 O-Linemen in 2017: 4 All-Pro performers, 1 borderline Pro Bowl performer

That is why Nick Foles outplayed Wentz and led his team to a SB - the Eagles dominating Offensive Line. It had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Carson Wentz. 

Carson Wentz has not "regressed". He was NEVER GOOD TO BEGIN WITH. The Eagles O-Line, weapons, and scheme MADE him look good. But Wentz himself has never been a good QB. Bottom line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Then I suppose Carson Zitz I mean Wentz can embroil that team in sloppy mediocrity for a few years and it'll be a positive for the Bills with one less AFC team to worry about.

Personal appearances are not forum-fodder.

1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

LT - Jason Peters 

LG - Stephen Wisniewski

C - Jason Kelce

RG - Brandon Brooks

RT - Lane Johnson

In Year 2017, his supposed "MVP" year (we now realize that was a joke, Wentz was NEVER an MVP caliber player, ever):

The LT, C, RG, and RT were ALL playing at an All-Pro level. The worst member of his OL, the LG, was playing at a near Pro Bowl level.

Let me repeat:

That is why Nick Foles outplayed Wentz and led his team to a SB - the Eagles dominating Offensive Line. It had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Carson Wentz. 

Carson Wentz has not "regressed". He was NEVER GOOD TO BEGIN WITH. The Eagles O-Line, weapons, and scheme MADE him look good. But Wentz himself has never been a good QB. Bottom line.

I think a lot of his issues are mental at this point.  Processing time hasn't improved, and may actually be worse. His pocket presence has been terrible, seems to roll and steer himself to sacks. And his throwing platform is a mess.

So basically he holds the ball too long, doesn't find open receivers, can't buy time, and can't throw remotely accurately.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Wentz is due a lot of dough from the Eagles. They might not give up on him yet unless Hurts looks amazing, which from watching him, I don't expect. 

Wentz + Head Coach Daboll could revive something. 

Good thing is Hurts won't have a big contract for a while so they can afford to drop Wentz even with the big dead number. 

What can happen is the Eagles find a team to trade him to and Wentz agrees to a pay cut and restructure before the trade. 

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

Amazing that at one point people would have absolutely taken Wentz over Allen in a heartbeat. I think Wentz is done. It’s kind of unprecedented but he is just flat out bad. 

I think another team, and a better coach, brings him around. He has talent, but the Eagles are a dumpster fire right now.

• Like (+1) 5

I feel like Wentz is a good player, still, with the right coaches/surrounding cast.  However, with that being said.. Hurts is probably the better QB for the Eagle's current situation.  With the Eagles offensive line being composed of a bunch of turnstiles, Hurts is going to have the better chance to elude pressure and buy enough time to look downfield. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

LT - Jason Peters 

LG - Stephen Wisniewski

C - Jason Kelce

RG - Brandon Brooks

RT - Lane Johnson

Let me repeat:

A lot of hyperbole in this post.  Wentz injured his ACL late in 2017.  By then the Eagles were already at 11 wins I believe.   Nick Foles had a good run that year in relief.  But I would not say he "outplayed" Wentz.  To add to this further,  Wentz's QB rating in 2017 was 101.9, in 2018 it was 102.2, and in 2019 it was 93.1.   A QB rating over 100 for a season is pretty darn good.  While a rating over 90 is above average. So to say that Wentz was never good to begin with is totally off base. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1