Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

I am so tired of hearing every media outlet with the "3 games in 14 days" BS. You generally play 3 games in 14 days, wow! Personally, I would see the Sunday game to Thursday game as a more challenging transition...4 days instead of 7. That's significantly less time. Its like the media wants a built in excuse for PIT to lose. I hate it.

20 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Generally yes, you do play 3 games in 14 days. The first two games they had to play is really the crux of it though.  They got pretty banged up in those two games and haven't had a bye because of Tennessee so I don't think the comment is wrong. 

I’ll give it to you that Pittsburgh getting their bye much earlier in the season definitely sucks for them, but Buffalo’s situation through their whole ordeal was worse. At least Pittsburgh knew who they were going to play-the Bills had to prepare for two teams at the same time, one of them being the Super Bowl champions! Definitely no sympathy for Pittsburgh at all-they still got their bye, just much earlier than they planned 

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McDermott and Daboll will go back to their bland and stale running game  which will make Allen feel out of sync. Josh will miss some key 3rd down throws and will fumble the ball away two times in the red zone.

Final score

Bills 9

Steelers 39.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm usually right all the time.

Usually right all the time? 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

If the Steelers score 39 pts, we've got bigger problems than Josh

Steelers aren't scoring 39 points but neither are the Bills unless the running game and that TE finally show up and contribute. Seahawks sacked Allen 7 or 8 times and Pitt can bring the heat big time. They get lots of turnovers too. DS, Moss and Knox better start earning their pay.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McDermott and Daboll will go back to their bland and stale running game  which will make Allen feel out of sync. Josh will miss some key 3rd down throws and will fumble the ball away two times in the red zone.

Final score

Bills 9

Steelers 39.

Your scenario is the least likely in my opinion. I think it’s going to be a one score game that we win, but if anybody is going to blow anybody out, it will be Buffalo.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’ll give it to you that Pittsburgh getting their bye much earlier in the season definitely sucks for them, but Buffalo’s situation through their whole ordeal was worse. At least Pittsburgh knew who they were going to play-the Bills had to prepare for two teams at the same time, one of them being the Super Bowl champions! Definitely no sympathy for Pittsburgh at all-they still got their bye, just much earlier than they planned 

Not going to disagree that the bills situation was worse.  Feels like they pushed games because they wanted all the best players on the field when the Steelers were in the game.  Not just them but the other teams also because I'm sure ratings would have been impacted.

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Final score

Bills 9

Steelers 39.

oh please GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

26 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Steelers aren't scoring 39 points but neither are the Bills unless the running game and that TE finally show up and contribute. Seahawks sacked Allen 7 or 8 times and Pitt can bring the heat big time. They get lots of turnovers too. DS, Moss and Knox better start earning their pay.

If memory serves me correct we were short Morse and at least two starting OL fairly early. Even with the sacks we still scored 44.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

If memory serves me correct we were short Morse and at least two starting OL fairly early. Even with the sacks we still scored 44.

Agree total boom or bust defense. Get sacks or give up 7. Also I think they had multiple sacks to end a series (2nd and 3rd down) that sorta inflate those numbers. Basically it’s not like they got a sack a drive that we had to overcome. 

42 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Yep, and and how many of those points/possessions/field position were directly or indirectly attributable to turnovers that helped the O. And we also had our deep threat, who made a couple of big plays and  which we don't now. IMO  we are going against a better secondary and defence even without JH and BD. Without the D coming up huge the Seattle game would have been a lot closer. 

What I'm saying is that this would be an opportune time for DS, Moss and # 88 to actually help out instead of putting everything on Allen's shoulders all the time. Can you imagine how good this offence would be if he actually had a TE and a backfield to support him, like Mayfield has.

Just watched some of the Steeler's coaches interviews and Bills' coaches interviews.  I have to say I'm a bit unsettled. 

Tomlin comes across as thoroughly pissed off.   If he were a lion he'd be shredding some unfortunate prey and turning to face the reporters with blood on his mouth.

McDermott, Daboll, and Frazier seem almost mellow and jolly by contrast.   The impression I get is that Tomlin and the Steelers really, really, really want this game and we're saying "no big deal, just the next game, 1-0 each week"

Wow, I hope I'm wrong.  I hope our guys have got a coach-face switch to focused and fierce when they step out of the press conference.

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Final score

Bills 9

Steelers 39.

Is your favorite cologne "Sex Panther"?

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just watched some of the Steeler's coaches interviews and Bills' coaches interviews.  I have to say I'm a bit unsettled. 

Tomlin comes across as thoroughly pissed off.   If he were a lion he'd be shredding some unfortunate prey and turning to face the reporters with blood on his mouth.

McDermott, Daboll, and Frazier seem almost mellow and jolly by contrast.   The impression I get is that Tomlin and the Steelers really, really, really want this game and we're saying "no big deal, just the next game, 1-0 each week"

Wow, I hope I'm wrong.  I hope our guys have got a coach-face switch to focused and fierce when they step out of the press conference.

They say "next game 1-0 each week" all the time.  McD has been critical in this since he came to the Bills.  He doesn't care about overall record (he does but you know), he cares about what happens week to week, day to day to keep the team focused.

His locker room speech last week he said "what number was that?" and the team responded "ZERO".  Then he said "still a little meat on the bone".  I'm assuming the zero meant what SF should have scored and how they could have played better.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

Tomlin was super pissed after the Ravens game calling his team JV. This week he’s pissed because they got outplayed by the Skins. At some point the angry guy skit gets old. I’ll take our calm coaches prep focused on the execution vs opponent. Angry guy act is kinda of high school. I also like our talent and they are banged up on D. Bills dominate this guy because we are better 34-20. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean sometimes you just got to beat an angry team plus I doubt the team has forgotten how they were seemingly written off after a few rough games.

13 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Tomlin was super pissed after the Ravens game calling his team JV. This week he’s pissed because they got outplayed by the Skins. At some point the angry guy skit gets old. I’ll take our calm coaches prep focused on the execution vs opponent. Angry guy act is kinda of high school. I also like our talent and they are banged up on D. Bills dominate this guy because we are better 34-20. 

Different strokes work for different folks.  Is some point the 15th year of coaching a team? It’s worked for 14 years.  He knows how to make it work.  

we’d be lucky to have a guy as good as Tomlin if we had never hired McD.   They’re cut from a similar cloth made up of hard work and determination.  More than most

• Like (+1) 2

Agree he’s a solid coach and determined hard worker. In this era I don’t think multiple weeks in a row you should publicly embarrass your players. So that’s where I’m at. Don’t discount his accomplishments. I think it exposes his concerns about this teams ability to really be a contender. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean sometimes you just got to beat an angry team plus I doubt the team has forgotten how they were seemingly written off after a few rough games.

OK, so here's a question for the guys who have played:

Can you beat an angry team?  If the talent difference in the NFL between any team is so small (as the players say it is), is that angry edge the defining factor?  Does the "angry edge" wear off if you're getting your butt kicked and you get pissed off in return?