Post A Christmas Song Video

ChevyVanMiller

We are officially in the holiday season and it's time to hear some favorite Christmas tunes. I'll kick it off with something really unique. It's from an old Bing Crosby special and will delight fans of the old Hogan Heroes TV show: 

Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink) and John Banner (Sgt. Schultz) sing "Silent Night," in their native language. Then Robert Clary (Corp. Louis LeBeau) sings a French Carol.

• Like (+1) 1

So I know this brilliant song has become a sort of cliche' Christmas standard...but this video, released this year by Chuck Berry's estate is super cool. Berry, despite all of his lurid behind the scenes stuff, was a musical genius.

us!

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2

This one's bittersweet. As a freshman my eldest made it into the honors band in high school. Every year at the holiday concert they play Sleigh Ride (and invite past members back). When my younger one saw this performance he was blown away. Me too. Youngest is a freshman now and there's a good chance he would have made the honors band and joined his older brother on stage this year. So a big middle finger to covid, but hope you enjoy high school kids crushing a classic:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

This one's bittersweet. As a freshman my eldest made it into the honors band in high school. Every year at the holiday concert they play Sleigh Ride (and invite past members back). When my younger one saw this performance he was blown away. Me too. Youngest is a freshman now and there's a good chance he would have made the honors band and joined his older brother on stage this year. So a big middle finger to covid, but hope you enjoy high school kids crushing a classic:

they are very good! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.