Gabriel Davis on CBS Sports Radio, sometime 2pm-3pm EST

Seasons1992

Anyone.. Beuller, Beuller....

Edit: - audio link:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-jim-rome-show/12-3-2020-gabriel-davis

- What going thru head TD from Beasley

- Sell it well, make it look real 

- Any more pressure to not let fellow receiver down

- No no pressure - knew if we were able to execute would be pretty easy catch - once I got down the sideline I knew he was going to be able to throw a dime

- Vibe of team

- Taking it day by day, week by week - handle what we can handle today, focus on what we can focus now.  Just trying to focus on SF now it's a big game, Try our best to compete well and get a win

- Process - personal chef - veteran move

- I used to work out at  <some place> - I heard what guys did in the league to keep their bodies young and when I heard about a chef around here a really good one Igot in touch with him.  You've got to sacrifice somethings for your body, but your body is your job - have a chef that can cook the right thing and amount is important

- What type of food

- Chicken, greens, rice - he also makes special dishes - basic stuff he puts his touch on it

- UCF

- Frost made it a family type of vibe, can see how close the guys are - brotherhood on the team.  The bond - that's why so successful

-  < Mckenzie Milton discussion >

- Received no offers from power 5 program

- Did motivate me - I was a Florida guy - I wasn't a burner, didn't run past guys - but i did outwork anyone that I showed up against.  I didn't care who you were or how big your name was or how many offers you had I was going to compete against you and I was going to win - that was my mindset.  I was able to sacrifice time and put the effort in to get where I am.  That's what a lot of people don't understand - the sacrifice, the time the effort the commitment the consistency.  the determination you need to have to live your dreams,  I was blessed to have the mindset to learn that at a young age

-- Where did relentless attitude come from

- My Mom - working two jobs 7AM to 10/11PM - commit to us every single day - sacrifice a lot that people will never know or understand.  I seen the commitment and determination and consistency.  Relentlessness from her to raise successful kids, and I don't want to let her down and neither to my brother or my sister - I give it all to her

- "I like to run big boy slant"

- I just like to play my game - I'm not a burner - I can get past you don't get me wrong - but I like to be that guy that can run to the middle and make those big contested plays, to be be physical.  That's the type of player I want to be and that's what I'm going to try to continue to be every single day.   I'm just real confident in myself and if the ball there I'm gonna go get it

- Dicussion give back to police and firemen in hometown

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10

25 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Models himself after Larry Fitz. If he can have that type of career, he was a steal.

Talk about setting a high bar: 

Larry Fitzgerald NFL Records

• Seasons with 90+ receptions: 8
  • Third all-time, seasons with 100+ receptions (5; tied with four others)
  • Most touchdown receptions in a postseason: 7 (2008)
  • Most receptions in a postseason: 30 (2008)
  • Most receiving yards in a postseason: 546 (2008)
  • Most postseason games with 150+ receiving yards: 3
  • Second all-time career receptions (1,378)
  • Second all-time career receiving yards (17,083)
  • Sixth all-time career receiving touchdowns (120)
  • Second all-time consecutive games with a reception (236)
  • Fewest games needed to score 10 postseason receiving touchdowns (8 games over 7 years)
  • Third all-time career postseason receiving touchdowns (10; tied with 4 others)
  • Second youngest player to reach 6,000 career receiving yards (26 years and 13 days)
  • Youngest player to reach 7,000 career receiving yards (26 years, 111 days)
  • Second youngest player to reach 8,000 career receiving yards (27 years, 110 days)
  • Second youngest player to reach 9,000 career receiving yards (28 years, 81 days)
  • Second youngest player to reach 10,000 career receiving yards (29 years, 34 days)
  • Youngest player to reach 11,000 career receiving yards (30 years, 85 days)
  • Youngest player to record 700 receptions (29 years, 23 days)
  • Youngest player to record 800 receptions (30 years, 57 days)
  • Youngest player to record 900 receptions (31 years, 102 days)
  • Youngest player to record 1,000 receptions (32 years, 97 days)
  • Third youngest player to reach 70 career receiving touchdowns (28 years, 74 days)
  • First wide receiver in NFL history to record at least 150 career receptions against three different franchises (Seahawks, Rams, and 49ers)
  • Oldest player to record 100 reception, 1,000+ yard, 5+ TD season, with three consecutive seasons (2015–2017)

Of course, I hope you are right and he breaks them all.  :)

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Will update with audio link when comes avail

- What going thru head TD from Beasley

- Sell it well, make it look real 

- Any more pressure to not let fellow receiver down

- No no pressure - knew if we were able to execute would be pretty easy catch - once I got down the sideline I knew he was going to be able to throw a dime

- Vibe of team

- Taking it day by day, week by week - handle what we can handle today, focus on what we can focus now.  Just trying to focus on SF now it's a big game, Try our best to compete well and get a win

- Process - personal chef - veteran move

- I used to work out at  <some place> - I heard what guys did in the league to keep their bodies young and when I heard about a chef around here a really good one Igot in touch with him.  You've got to sacrifice somethings for your body, but your body is your job - have a chef that can cook the right thing and amount is important

- What type of food

- Chicken, greens, rice - he also makes special dishes - basic stuff he puts his touch on it

- UCF

- Frost made it a family type of vibe, can see how close the guys are - brotherhood on the team.  The bond - that's why so successful

-  < Mckenzie Milton discussion >

- Received no offers from power 5 program

- Did motivate me - I was a Florida guy - I wasn't a burner, didn't run past guys - but i did outwork anyone that I showed up against.  I didn't care who you were or how big your name was or how many offers you had I was going to compete against you and I was going to win - that was my mindset.  I was able to sacrifice time and put the effort in to get where I am.  That's what a lot of people don't understand - the sacrifice, the time the effort the commitment the consistency.  the determination you need to have to live your dreams,  I was blessed to have the mindset to learn that at a young age

-- Where did relentless attitude come from

- My Mom - working two jobs 7AM to 10/11PM - commit to us every single day - sacrifice a lot that people will never know or understand.  I seen the commitment and determination and consistency.  Relentlessness from her to raise successful kids, and I don't want to let her down and neither to my brother or my sister - I give it all to her

- "I like to run big boy slant"

- I just like to play my game - I'm not a burner - I can get past you don't get me wrong - but I like to be that guy that can run to the middle and make those big contested plays, to be be physical.  That's the type of player I want to be and that's what I'm going to try to continue to be every single day.   I'm just real confident in myself and if the ball there I'm gonna go get it

- Dicussion give back to police and firemen in hometown

Thanks for the recap.  McDermott kind of guy. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Interesting comment re the slant. 

I find it weird that we rarely, if ever, run quick slants. 

I thought we ran a lot more early on in the season. Slants & crossers. 

Maybe they realized it’s successful and are just looking for other things to be successful with and then they can pull this back out come playoff time if the opportunity arises?

59 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Maybe they realized it’s successful and are just looking for other things to be successful with and then they can pull this back out come playoff time if the opportunity arises?

Good point. We absolutely crushed the dolphins with crossers.  I do wonder though why they have gone away from that. Not sure if it’s because we are seeing more zone than man lately? 

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Interesting comment re the slant. 

I find it weird that we rarely, if ever, run quick slants. 

I think it was more related to his days at UCF and his atitude in general  

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Good point. We absolutely crushed the dolphins with crossers.  I do wonder though why they have gone away from that. Not sure if it’s because we are seeing more zone than man lately? 

I think a lot of it is what the defenses that they’re showing us. Miami does a lot of Cover 1 & Cover 0 so maybe with so much man coverage they felt they could exploit them horizontally on those slants and crossers 

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Defenses are defending that now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Defenses are defending that now.

I think what we are seeing now is basically two types of defense:

1) ultra aggressive, cover zero, all out blitzes.

2) Soft zone, giving us all the short underneath stuff. 

Re the latter, if we can run the ball well, we will eat up the other side with easy runs and 7-yard curls and dump offs. That’s basically what we did against the Chargers. I just think it is painful for Josh to check down and take those little Gains. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great interview! Thanks for sharing. Liking the kid more & more. 

We have Smoke, Beas & Diggs, which is likely the envy of the League. To find a rookie who can actually take snaps away from these guys with his own threats (blocking, contested catches) is pure gold. Definite Process guy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/3/2020 at 6:30 PM, Dkollidas said:

you have good insight methinks.

This guy is a great fit in the Bills Offense. and proved it by now

Go Bills

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think what we are seeing now is basically two types of defense:

1) ultra aggressive, cover zero, all out blitzes.

2) Soft zone, giving us all the short underneath stuff. 

Re the latter, if we can run the ball well, we will eat up the other side with easy runs and 7-yard curls and dump offs. That’s basically what we did against the Chargers. I just think it is painful for Josh to check down and take those little Gains. 

agreed