Gabriel Davis on CBS Sports Radio, sometime 2pm-3pm EST

Seasons1992

8 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

This guy could be Eric Moulds. He's honestly looked better than Eric in his rookie year. Could be a true #1 some day. Not everybody jumps into there careers as an OROY and gets 80 grabs year 1. He could end up with 7 or 8 TDs this year....

What a find....

Games have changed since Eric's rookie year.  Also Marv Levy did not tend to play rookies so much. 

Better comparisons would be number of games or targets.

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Games have changed since Eric's rookie year.  Also Marv Levy did not tend to play rookies so much. 

Better comparisons would be number of games or targets.

I wouldnt argue that offenses change, but plenty of guys take time to come around and become studs. The playing time only speaks more for his performance, espc when Brown was playing. 

Stevie did it for us, and yes for a couple years he was very good. Davis has the traits to be a #1. 

Look at Devante Adams or Thieland. Devante Parker. Hell, look at Diggs. There are many more current WRs who developed that didnt make the pro bowl year 1. My guess is Davis could nearly match Diggs' catch total of year one (52) with a couple big games down the stretch. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

21 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I wouldnt argue that offenses change, but plenty of guys take time to come around and become studs. The playing time only speaks more for his performance, espc when Brown was playing. 

Stevie did it for us, and yes for a couple years he was very good. Davis has the traits to be a #1. 

Look at Devante Adams or Thieland. Devante Parker. Hell, look at Diggs. There are many more current WRs who developed that didnt make the pro bowl year 1. My guess is Davis could nearly match his catch total of year one (52) with a couple big games down the stretch. 

Yea Stevie Johnson got 3 1000 yard years.  He got it because he was practicing with backup QB Fitzpatrick and when Fitz took over as starter he also got a lot more snaps as WR.  I do think Gabe Davis still has a lot of potential not tapped yet.

• Like (+1) 1

The Gabe Davis pick is right up there with one of Brandon Beane's finest moments.  Such a great, productive pick there.  At that spot I was hoping the Bills would grab Gandy-Golden.  He ended up getting a nagging injury in training camp and has done nothing with Washington.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

The Gabe Davis pick is right up there with one of Brandon Beane's finest moments.  Such a great, productive pick there.  At that spot I was hoping the Bills would grab Gandy-Golden.  He ended up getting a nagging injury in training camp and has done nothing with Washington.  

It was a great idea to bring in these two later round guys to develop behind some serious Vet talent we have ahead of them.