Kroft and Murphy inactive

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I agree. They’ll try to get the run game going and control TOP. 

I feel he’s performed well this year. 

He has.   Blocked pretty welland has some clutch catches.  But lets be honest he and Murphy won't be with us next year. 

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s not outdated. I’m not asking for a run first offense. That is significantly outdated. I’m asking for the ability’s to run the ball once your ahead. Also to run the ball when a defense expects it. We can’t even run against pass defenses. Where they are handing you the run. That’s an issue. I love that Josh is having a great year. But we need more balance. Or we aren’t going to beat a physical defense.  You don’t need a balance of 50/50 but it needs to be more balanced then it is right now.

We have a winner!

we can win some games with a terrible running game. If we want to string together a super bowl run, we must be able to run the ball somewhat effectively.  More effectively than we have so far this year 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

*sigh*  It never fails to amaze me how arrogantly some fans write (maybe you don't intend it that way).  We sit in our armchairs and collate scraps of media info on players and watch the games, and not only do we know better than coaches what players are the best options, we know so much better that THOSE COACHES ARE STUPID! 

-Both Gilliam and Kroft play teams, but Gilliam plays more ST snaps than Kroft.  Gilliam had 6 blocked kicks in college.

-Trent Murphy also inactive, plays some teams.

-Kroft came off the reserve/Covid list (as a close contact to Josh Norman) just in time for the bye and Tgiving off.  It's possible he has to work back into peak form a bit.

At a guess, when the coaches talk out who'll be active they consider the roster for all 3 phases of the game, their evaluation of each player that week, and the specific game plan.

All that said, my guess is that after each game, if McDermott can only identify one thing per game that in hindsight he sees as stupid, he probably thinks it's a good week.

The decision is stupid not the person. Your special teams reasoning is sound logic.  But its another example of giving weight to special teams when it is not needed.  Kroft is by far more important to the offense than Gilliam is to ST's. 

FYI, Kroft as you pointed out was a contact COVID-19 scratch not an actual infection. There is nothing to recover from.

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s not outdated. I’m not asking for a run first offense. That is significantly outdated. I’m asking for the ability’s to run the ball once your ahead. Also to run the ball when a defense expects it. We can’t even run against pass defenses. Where they are handing you the run. That’s an issue. I love that Josh is having a great year. But we need more balance. Or we aren’t going to beat a physical defense.  You don’t need a balance of 50/50 but it needs to be more balanced then it is right now.

100% agree but that is on the o-line.  Like Marv said you dance with the partner that brought you.  We have an elite QB and an elite WR group.  Let's not overthink what we have wished for nearly 20 years.  

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

100% agree but that is on the o-line.  Like Marv said you dance with the partner that brought you.  We have an elite QB and an elite WR group.  Let's not overthink what we have wished for nearly 20 years.  

I think it’s also to much getting cute. I would give Moss 20+ touches and see what happens. To much rotation. Moss seems to be seeing it better.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It’s not what we do well. I’ve never been a fan of playing to your weaknesses.

A lopsided, one dimensional offense won’t win us a SB.  We have to try and fix the run game. Ignoring its problems = a losing mentality 

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try and continually get better with the run game.  You can’t get better unless you try and work on it.  Do you want to win a SB or win the division?  If we remain one dimensional, we’ll surely win the division....and surely won’t win the SB.