Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/27 - 113th place

Big Turk

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Passing Gary Danielson this weekend would be great :)

Getting past Josh Freeman would be fantastic.

I was surprised Freeman was that high, considering how short of a time he was in the NFL.  And I'm wondering what happened to him?  He had a pretty good 2012 season (he could have been a Pro Bowler this year!) and then went off the rails.  

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was surprised Freeman was that high, considering how short of a time he was in the NFL.  And I'm wondering what happened to him?  He had a pretty good 2012 season (he could have been a Pro Bowler this year!) and then went off the rails.  

Greg Schiano ran him out of TB.  then concussion ended his stay in Minnesota.  Played some in CFL and retired.  He was the prototypical (physically)  QB.

• 2 weeks later...

161Marc Wilson14,391

162Bill Nelsen14,165

163Nick Foles14,003

164Baker Mayfield13,940

165Josh Freeman13,873

166Gary Danielson13,764

167Josh Allen13,755

Well here we go again:)

With 250 yards Josh passes Foles for #163

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 2

Semi related…

With 3 more rushing TDs Allen (currently 29) would become the 3rd all time in rushing TDs in Bills History passing Fred Jackson (30) and Cookie Gilchrist (31) and would trail only the two all-time greats OJ (57) and Thurman Thomas (65). 

I wonder if he’ll pass them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

161Marc Wilson14,391

162Bill Nelsen14,165

163Nick Foles14,003

164Baker Mayfield13,940

165Josh Freeman13,873

166Gary Danielson13,764

167Josh Allen13,755

Well here we go again:)

With 250 yards Josh passes Foles for #163

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

Weirdly, I was a Browns fan growing up in Cheektowaga.  I liked them even more than the Bills as a kid.   So I remember #162, the solidly good Bill Nelsen.  Kind of fascinating that Allen is already closing in on him.  Allen has become a prolific passer - but it's also a different game today.  

• Like (+1) 2

• Big Turk changed the title to Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 1/1
5 hours ago, TheWei44 said:

Maybe these two things have been mentioned before, but I'm surprised Matt Stafford is so high on the list and Fitz-magic, 9 teams (that's practically 1/3 of the entire league)!!

You're surprised that the guy who played a decade with a losing franchise.. playing with Megatron.. from behind all the time

Threw the ball a lot and racked up a lot of yards? 

Stafford was far from the problem in Detroit.. he was basically throwing for 4000+ yards a year

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Semi related…

With 3 more rushing TDs Allen (currently 29) would become the 3rd all time in rushing TDs in Bills History passing Fred Jackson (30) and Cookie Gilchrist (31) and would trail only the two all-time greats OJ (57) and Thurman Thomas (65). 

I wonder if he’ll pass them. 

Wow.  

• 8 months later...
  • Big Turk changed the title to Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 9/8
  • Big Turk changed the title to Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 9/9
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.