Week 11 MNF: LA Rams at TB Bucs, 8:15 ET

I'm already wanting to talk about this, so figured I'd do a thread. 

Who ya got and why? 

Same number of losses

On paper, the Rams have a stingier defense.  On paper, the Bucs have a more productive offense.

I want to see Aaron Donald flexing over the bruised and groaning figure of Tom Brady, other than that I have no particular feelings.

Thoughts?

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm already wanting to talk about this, so figured I'd do a thread. 

Who ya got and why? 

Same number of losses

On paper, the Rams have a stingier defense.  On paper, the Bucs have a more productive offense.

I want to see Aaron Donald flexing over the bruised and groaning figure of Tom Brady, other than that I have no particular feelings.

Thoughts?

THAT would make my night!!!!

25 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Rams, SOV tiebreaker.

Hope they "make it so" then

Also, I hate Tom Brady. 

The only think that would give me more pleasure than seeing Aaron Donald flexing over the bruised and groaning figure of Tom Brady would be similar going down with Gronk. 

I hate Gronk almost as much as Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Process said:

The Rams have 6 wins. Five of them were against the 4 NFCE teams and the Bears. 

Eh.  What that comes down to is that both TB and the Rams beat a 7 win team (Packers or Seasnakes).  Tampa also beat a 6 win team while Rams beat a 5 win team (Bears).

Then Tampa beat a bunch of 4 win teams (Panthers x 2, Broncos) and 2 3 win teams (Chargers and Giants) while Rams beat a bunch (4) of 3 win teams.

I'm not sure a strong argument can be made for the splendiferous stronger schedule the Bucs have taken out.  Maybe strength-of-schedule mavens will comment.

They've faced 2 common opponents.  TB lost to the Bears; Rams beat the Bears.  Both beat the Giants.

24 minutes ago, Process said:

I expect Brady and the Bucs to win fairly easily, unfortunately. 

I hope they share your expectation! 

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hope they "make it so" then

The only think that would give me more pleasure than seeing Aaron Donald flexing over the bruised and groaning figure of Tom Brady would be similar going down with Gronk. 

I hate Gronk almost as much as Tom Brady.

This season has allowed me to sift through my feelings. 

I always knew that I hated Tom Brady, the Patriots and their fans. 

I thought I hated the Patriots organization the most, but I’m realizing my order or disdain goes;

1) Patriots fans

I am friends with a bunch from college, but oh boy they’re unbearable. Most of them are so uninformed and entitled it’s embarrassing. They’re just humongous trolls.

Then going to a game there last year cemented my feelings towards Pats fans. 3 separate instances I had to swoop in and stop random fans from getting physical and jumping my buddy. I was behind with a few of our Pats fan friends and was wearing a big coat over my Bills jersey so I blended in, he had a Bills jersey on (we all lived in the same college house, and outside of this Bills fan friend they were all my teammates) I literally saw a group point and single him out on the way into the stadium and come up and surround him. Two of my Pats friends and I had to come up and swoop him up out of there. Not a pretty scene.

Leaving the stadium was worse, we all got separated and my Bills fan friend and I were trying to navigate our way out of the stadium. He got caught in a swarm and they were shoving him around like a kid on the playground and dumping beer and food on him. I had to slide through and grab him again, took a shot to the face and strategically slide behind a condiment table to separate us. They kept coming but I gave the first guy a stiff shot to the ribs and the group realized I knew what I was doing in a fight. Mind you, neither of us looked/said/gestured anything at any point. The worst part was nobody else stepped in at any point. I’ve had to step in at numerous Bills games, but at least people do it. Pats fans were almost cheering it on. 

2) Tom Brady

His behavior and presence embodied the worst things about the Patriots and their fans. He just egged it on and made it worse. He’s so difficult to like, I’m fairly certain nobody outside of NE does. 

3) The Patriots

The organization as a whole is whatever. Belichick is a great coach, and I respect that so much. I don’t really have issues with greatness. It’s the behavior of the groups listed above that make it intolerable. 

Edited by JGMcD2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Eh.  What that comes down to is that both TB and the Rams beat a 7 win team (Packers or Seasnakes).  Tampa also beat a 6 win team while Rams beat a 5 win team (Bears).

Then Tampa beat a bunch of 4 win teams (Panthers x 2, Broncos) and 2 3 win teams (Chargers and Giants) while Rams beat a bunch (4) of 3 win teams.

I'm not sure a strong argument can be made for the splendiferous stronger schedule the Bucs have taken out.  Maybe strength-of-schedule mavens will comment.

They've faced 2 common opponents.  TB lost to the Bears; Rams beat the Bears.  Both beat the Giants.

I hope they share your expectation! 

I get your point.  But you can't compare 3 win NFCE teams to other 3/4 win teams. They all play each other so obviously someone has to win.

Teams like the chargers, panthers etc are a hell of a lot better then any NFCE team..

The Rams can be dominant on football.  If Aaron Donald has a great game I expect that Rams to win and it might be an easy win.  When under p[pressure as we all know, Brady now is folding quicker than ever, look at the fiasco of a game he had versus the Saints.  If the Rams defense shows up the Bucs will fold. If not, I expect a shootout in a very good game.

41 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

3) The Patriots

The organization as a whole is whatever. Belichick is a great coach, and I respect that so much. I don’t really have issues with greatness. It’s the behavior of the groups listed above that make it intolerable. 

Sorry, I can not go down with your rank order. 

The #1 thing I despise about the Patriots is the cheating and that's organizational. 

Then there's all the petty crap over the years that Mark Sanchez so aptly detailed as "something always happens when you play Foxboro": "I would never say they're cheaters.... they're on a relentless pursuit of a competitive edge"  He detailed: "The headset goes out.  The ipad doesn't work.  The pictures, back when we had pictures...."  You know Mike Tomlin would agree

The NFL's upgrade to digital technology and VOIP on a dedicated frequency has made this harder to bugger, but Beantown is home to some of the best hackers in the world. 

I'm sure there's "plausible deniability" for the Patriots organization, but IMO the lack of organizational integrity permeates outward from Belichick and his staff out into the operational staff to everybody associated with the team and then the Fans.

As I understand it, the Bills stay in RI when they travel for Pats games.  The most convenient hotels to Foxboro apparently have too many tales of convenient "fire alarms" disturbing the players' rest.

The sad thing is, the Patriots teams and Belicheck as a coach are genuinely great and did not need to cheat to be great.  But they did.

Sorry you & friend had a bad experience at Foxboro and no one intervened.  I suspect there are bad opposing team experiences to be had in Orchard Park though, and there might be an element of chance in whether or not home-town fans intervene.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sorry, but that's just Wrong. 

Hey I said I might change my mind

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm rooting for Father Time to sack Tom Brady.

I know this is off the topic, but good call on Tua!, they were saying yesterday the films is out, so expect him to struggle a bit more.

I have a soft spot for the Bucs because they are my local team, but I have a hard time rooting for Brady. 

As far as this game goes I have no idea who will win. Both teams have looked good at times and awful at other times. The Bucs are like the Bills in that they have struggled in primetime games.