Let’s go Broncs!

bills6969

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wish Tua the best after all his adversity with injury and he seems to have a pretty pass, but I can't grasp the "Hot shot QB takes the league by storm" narrative about Tua here. 

When you look at what he's done, he's had 3 starts.  He's passed for an average of 130 ypg, 63.6% completions, 0 INT.  The Dolphins have gifted him great field position with turnovers on D and ST play to achieve those 5 TDs he's passed for (and that's <2 TD/game)

When we had a QB who never threw INTs, had good completion %, but only threw for 130 ypg, the predominant notion was that he didn't generate enough offense.  And he was a run threat, which so far Tua is not.

It's good that he's not throwing the ball into harm's way, but it's not lighting the league on fire, either.

I think the narrative only makes sense in the league that he’s taking his first season in the league in so far, perfect stride. As its been said he hasn’t been asked to do much but he’s done pretty well with what they’ve told him to do. His team has been battling injuries on the offense and their WR core is pretty mediocre especially with their 2nd guy out on injury Preston Williams and he’s a JAG. His starting rb has been out for for the last 2 games and even their 2nd stringer rb was out recently. I think where he’s look most impressive is in the 4th quarter. Where in the last 2 games he’s looked as good as any QB in the league tbh. But the sample size is still far too small.

Just now, TheOldBill12 said:

I think the narrative only makes sense in the league that he’s taking his first season in the league in so far, perfect stride. As its been said he hasn’t been asked to do much but he’s done pretty well with what they’ve told him to do. His team has been battling injuries on the offense and their WR core is pretty mediocre especially with their 2nd guy out on injury Preston Williams and he’s a JAG. His starting rb has been out for for the last 2 games and even their 2nd stringer rb was out recently. I think where he’s look most impressive is in the 4th quarter. Where in the last 2 games he’s looked as good as any QB in the league tbh. But the sample size is still far too small.

He hasn't actually done much, if he was in the Bills doing this he would be labeled a below average QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheOldBill12 said:

But that's not the narrative we're hearing

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

He hasn't actually done much, if he was in the Bills doing this he would be labeled a below average QB.

Exactly

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Definitely not. TUA was going to get hype wherever he goes. And the eye test would quickly discern the latter. Even with what we’ve seen. Limited albeit.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But that's not the narrative we're hearing

Exactly

Depends on where you consume your media, I mean Bill Cowherds literally this morning reiterated the same thing he hasn’t been asked to do much but then again who cares about the predictable media narrative, they flip flop so much and have no affect on our team. The only thing consistent with the media is there inconsistency 

Edited by TheOldBill12

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Actually in Orlando the sport radio guys have Tua in their top 8 QBs already so there is at least some people who are saying elsewhere. 

Top 8 doesn't come out to "second coming".  

27 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Not here.....

Broncos up at the half 13-10

I’ve never rooted for the broncos before, go donkeys!!!

The media has been super annoying, but Tua is a first round rookie from a big college program and had a ton of hype coming in. 

He hasn’t been good, but he hasn’t been terrible, so the NFL will try to work their storyline within a big market (Miami).

Allen was a “high bust potential” prospect from a small market college team going into a small market NFL team, so they didn’t care.

None of this is surprising, so don’t let it get to you. I’m happy to see him fail and that’s all I care about.