Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jerboski

Dropped screen pass

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Jerboski said:

What might have been if motor catches the ball, looked like it was setup for a possible td

Singeltary is not a #1 RB,  not just that play but the deadball PF killed us.  I have said all season ,  this guy is too slow & small for the NFL.  His jukes may have worked in college but it's not happening in the pros. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting Morse back and Feliciano back at G will make a huge difference in the run game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devin has not been playing well at all. He loses focus easily throughout the game and he just doesn’t have that second gear- we have to get better at the RB position all our RBs are solid 2s.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Getting Morse back and Feliciano back at G will make a huge difference in the run game 

It seems, to me, that the lineup of Dawkins, Ford, Feliciano, Boettger, Williams may be the better play. Morse gets blown up a ton and Winters is a backup at best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Brian Winters is a liability on the offensive line. Boettger/Bates>Winters. TJ Yeldon is a mystery to me as well. Former starting RB at Bama and Jags with production at both places. McDermott's player analysis is puzzling to me

 

Agree on Winters. I am not as big of a fan of Yeldon but he does hit the hole faster than the other two and behind a line that doesn't make that many holes he may be a better fit. Certainly worth a try at this stage.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

RBs are a dime-a-dozen, right? You just plug any late round back in and we’re good, right?

That’s actually true, which makes it all the more maddening that Beane has used two third round picks on the position and we still don’t have a good one. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s actually true, which makes it all the more maddening that Beane has used two third round picks on the position and we still don’t have a good one. 

 

Harrison Phillips

Devin Singletary

Dawson Knox

Zack Moss

 

Third round has not been a productive round for Beane so far. One guy who isn't even dressing, two running backs who lack pop and a tight end who at this point is far from certain to even make year 3 on the roster.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GunnerBill said:

 

Harrison Phillips

Devin Singletary

Dawson Knox

Zack Moss

 

Third round has not been a productive round for Beane so far. One guy who isn't even dressing, two running backs who lack pop and a tight end who at this point is far from certain to even make year 3 on the roster.

Just like the 3rd quarters

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Just like the 3rd quarters

 

Spooky. The truth is out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Harrison Phillips

Devin Singletary

Dawson Knox

Zack Moss

 

Third round has not been a productive round for Beane so far. One guy who isn't even dressing, two running backs who lack pop and a tight end who at this point is far from certain to even make year 3 on the roster.

Neither has the second round....or the first, really, other than one pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

We don't run because we can't run, and because we can't run, we don't run.

 

It isn't all Singletary - although his lack of first step burst was there on his college tape IMO - and it isn't all on Moss. Some of it is the run blocking which has been brutal especially to the right hand side.

We ran for almost 200 yards against the Pats.......if we commit to it we definitely can run. We just don’t commit to it or even attempt to establish it.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

We ran for almost 200 yards against the Pats.......if we commit to it we definitely can run. We just don’t commit to it or even attempt to establish it.

 

The Pats spent most most of the game with 8 defensive backs out there. They were begging us to run the same way we begged Kansas City to. That game is not indicative of anything in the run game. We won't face another D like that all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

The Pats spent most most of the game with 8 defensive backs out there. They were begging us to run the same way we begged Kansas City to. That game is not indicative of anything in the run game. We won't face another D like that all year.

We’ll be spending most of the year seeing a ton of dime and nickle looks. We can run out of the spread look, we just don’t commit to it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As RBs go, neither motor nor moss are worth third round picks (maybe late fourth-fifth). Alvin Kamara was a third round pick. JMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

As I recall, the pass could have been a little better— it was too far out in front of him. 

 

The pass was right where it should have been.

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

 

We don't have a run game cuz we don't run the football 🏈.

 

11 handoffs today.

We probably would have done better is they decreased that to 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Singletary is pissing me off. More drops and easily tackled. Moss should be officially RB1. Not impressed anymore by rebuilt motor.

I'm not impressed with either one as 3 down back. We need some speed out there and/or our online needs to improve it's run blocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Singletary is pissing me off. More drops and easily tackled. Moss should be officially RB1. Not impressed anymore by rebuilt motor.

 

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

Motor has been incredibly disappointing. Every week I give him the benefit of the doubt and he just hasn't really shown up yet.

 

Not certain is it really him or is it the blocking just hasn't been very good?  Moss has done better, but not great either.

 

As far as I know there weren't any major injuries yesterday, so maybe the next game all five starters will actually play.  Then the question will be for how long do all five last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

We’ll be spending most of the year seeing a ton of dime and nickle looks. We can run out of the spread look, we just don’t commit to it.

 

I'm not convinced we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...