Remaining schedule...

bills6969

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm definitely not "LOL" writing off the Steelers game..  We just beat Seattle convincingly and lost a last second 50/50 game at Arizona. 

Yea I dont understand the fear of Pittsburgh...id rather play them than KC. I think we are unrealistically negative about our teams chances.  Yea we could lose to someone like San Francisco but were talking like its an impossibility that Miami will drop a similar game lol

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

We'll definitely be favored over the chargers, but I could see San Fran being favored in the MNF game which scares the hell out of me considering how bad this team seems to be on the national stage.

Don't see us being favored against PIT, NE and MIA either and 2 of those are also primetime games.

somehow I don't believe you

13 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

We'll definitely be favored over the chargers, but I could see San Fran being favored in the MNF game which scares the hell out of me considering how bad this team seems to be on the national stage.

Don't see us being favored against PIT, NE and MIA either and 2 of those are also primetime games.

You know we're getting too paranoid as a fan base when people start thinking miami will be favored in buffalo. Were 7-3 for christ's sake. As of right now there is 0% miami is favored in that game.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

You know we're getting too paranoid as a fan base when people start thinking miami will be favored in buffalo. Were 7-3 for christ's sake. As of right now there is 0% miami is favored in that game.

I just realized I quoted High Football IQ. Please disregard my post. He certainly does not represent the fan base LOL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It's actually not outlandish that we could run the table.

I really like how this team plays.  They had a couple of hiccups against TN and KC, but this is one of the best offenses I've seen in Buffalo.  It's not quite the K-Gun because Kelly was a little more developed, and we don't have that kind of running game - but man, is it close.  The # of good receivers we have is a DC's nightmare.

And I really feel like the D has found their groove. They're not the dominating D we're used to, and just looking at the scoreboard, they've given up a lot of points over the past couple of weeks - but they're making big plays when they have to, and they're getting pressure on opposing QB's.  They're also making tackles and forcing big turnovers.

My worst fear, maybe because i'm still pissed about yesterday's game, is that we enter the final week, and the phins have pulled ahead in the division, and that last game is meaningless to them.  They sit most of their starters and we watch our Bills Keystone Kops their way to a loss.

I realize it's not likely, but then again neither is a 40+ yard hail mary with 2 seconds left

34 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea I dont understand the fear of Pittsburgh...id rather play them than KC. I think we are unrealistically negative about our teams chances.  Yea we could lose to someone like San Francisco but were talking like its an impossibility that Miami will drop a similar game lol

id be surprised if josh doesnt light up the niners on MNF

I'm thinking lightning doesn't strike twice and bills can run the table.  They can score on anyone, anytime, and hopefully with Milano and Norman coming back, that the D will get their stuff together.  Of course that will mean having to beat the Steelers 2X to get to the Superbowl.

18 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

Defense and special teams are winning the dolphins games right now. 

That’s how the Patriots did it in 2001 after Brady took over. Brady didn’t become Brady till 2003. So the playbook does work.  Have a great D and special teams and an O that just doesn’t make mistakes but is capable of a few big drives

28 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

If the Dolphins win streak extends into the season finale they will certainly be favored over the bills considering they would have wins @ NE, @ OAK and KC under their belt and be on 11 game win streak in the process.

Even if they only lose to the Chiefs I can easily see them being favored unless the Bills win the next 5 which is probably not likely.

LOL..... LOL...

26 minutes ago, Success said:

It's actually not outlandish that we could run the table.

I really like how this team plays.  They had a couple of hiccups against TN and KC, but this is one of the best offenses I've seen in Buffalo.  It's not quite the K-Gun because Kelly was a little more developed, and we don't have that kind of running game - but man, is it close.  The # of good receivers we have is a DC's nightmare.

And I really feel like the D has found their groove. They're not the dominating D we're used to, and just looking at the scoreboard, they've given up a lot of points over the past couple of weeks - but they're making big plays when they have to, and they're getting pressure on opposing QB's.  They're also making tackles and forcing big turnovers.

K-gun had Thurmal and Kenny Davis, not seeing that our current O-line or RB's are that level, and will need that in nasty weather.

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

At this point this is certainly a viable scenario that all fans should be considering especially since the toughest game on paper left for the Dolphins is the Chiefs but they do get them at home.

Right now I have the Dolphins losing that game and finishing 12-4 which means there is a chance the game won't matter for them in terms of winning the division and/or seeding. If they actually beat the Chiefs it becomes even more unlikely the division is in play for the Bills by week 17.

A true nightmare scenario for the Bills would be like 2004 but worse since it would be a hated division rival's backups and our old friend Fitzpatrick beating the Bills and ending their season at home. There won't be enough koolaid in the world from preventing fans from turning on this regime and Allen if that happens.

If they finish 10-6 and just somehow miss three wildcard spots at that record missing the playoffs because the dolphins decided to start their more experienced veteran quarterback to rest their inexperienced qb for the playoffs no one will turn on this regime 🤣 you have the dolphins winning 11 of their final 12 games how is that bills ineptitude if the dolphins pull that off when we only play them once.  What you're saying is certainly possible but I would put that firmly in the 'hot take' category at the moment

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

I posted an article last week from NFL.com that compared this Dolphins team to that 2001 Pats team. I've been saying they look a lot like the Parcells 98 Jets team that overcame a similar bad start to roll all the way to the AFC championship game and lose to eventual champion Broncos but this 2001 Pats comparison is very intriguing as well.

Not sure Flores was even affiliated with the Patriots then but it's a scary comparison if true because just as everyone thinks the Pats are out of the way and the Bills have some sort of clear path to AFC East dominance again here comes the Dolphins who will only get better in the years ahead especially with the draft capitol and draft picks they have this upcoming offseason. In fact if the Dolphins do somehow win the SB this year talk about a true dynasty in the making.

Either way the talk of the Dolphins being a lucky team is silly. Luck simply doesn't create the type of plays that Miami is making in all three phases of the game and when you play with confidence each week knowing your the better team from top to bottom it's infectious and the momentum is going to keep building for this team at least the next few weeks given the upcoming schedule.

This is the biggest difference between the Bills and Dolphins and their respective coaching philosophies....one 'hopes' to win the other 'expects' it.

I'm firmly in the 'a win us a win' camp but tua is absolutely going to have to carry the team in at least one of those games if they're going to run the table like you are suggesting.  I have watched a handful of Tua passes sail right through defenders hands while theyre creating an unsustainable amount of turnovers on the other side. Odds are just as good that they cool off as they are that they continue to play well but the notion that they're going to finish 5-1 is a huge reach right now.  This 'the bills only hope to win' angle is a bit ridiculous though in my opinion as a team who lost a starting cornerback to covid protocols and held out mitch morse who is hundreds of times better than Brian winters went down to Arizona and got beat by a fluke play.   

19 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Ok,  it’s looking very likely its come down to the wire with the Fish to win the AFC East...ughhh.  Was hoping we would have the division locked up by Thanksgiving but the Fish look pretty solid.  Let’s look at remaining schedule:

Bye:  going to be a long week after today’s loss

Chargers: Herbert is a stud but rest of team not very good.  Must win.  1-0

@niners:  Niners are banged up.  Will Jimmy G play?  2-0

Steelers:  May be the best team in NFL.  2-1

@Broncos: another cross country road trip.  Broncos are pretty bad tho.  3-1

@Pats:  Can we sweep the Pats? Will the universe allow it?  Doubtful. 3-2

Dolphins:  Looking like this game will be for the Division. 4-2?

I think Dolphins have an easier schedule:

@Broncos

@Jets

Bengals

Chiefs

Pats

@Raiders

@Bills

We’re really going to need to win at least 4 to take the division I think.

I think Miami takes their next three games.  After that, they might not win another one this season.  Buffalo wins their next 2 after the bye.  Pittsburgh is iffy.  Buffalo could close out the season with three wins after that.  That's an optimistic take, I know, but not too far fetched.

19 hours ago, LB48 said:

With Tua playing so well I think the Dolphins will win the division and we'll be just outside the play-off curve.  NO defense kills us.

He's completing 63% of his passes and averaging sub 175 yards a game. Foolish takes like this make you look foolish. 

Bills

Chargers - Win

Niners - Win

Steelers - Loss 

Broncos - Win

Patriots - Win 

Mia - Win

Mia 

Broncos - Loss

Jets - Win 

Bengals Win (for now) 

Chiefs - Loss

Pats - Loss

Raiders - Loss 

Bills - Loss. (Unless it doesn’t matter) 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

He's completing 63% of his passes and averaging sub 175 yards a game. Foolish takes like this make you look foolish. 

sounds like Tyrod and Lamar career #s

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Chargers - Win

Niners - Win

Steelers - Loss 

Broncos - Win

Patriots - Win 

Mia - Win

Mia 

Broncos - Loss

Jets - Win 

Bengals Win (for now) 

Chiefs - Loss

Pats - Loss

Raiders - Loss 

I kind of agree with you here...all the teams left on both teams schedule(except for the jets) are teams that are built to compete with anybody.  Idk how anyone can guarantee the dolphins beat any of them including a jets team desperate for a win to avoid that 0-16 mark.  I've gotta give the edge to a battle tested bills team at this point but that could definitely change.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Bills

Chargers - Win

Niners - Win

Steelers - Loss 

Broncos - Win

Patriots - Win 

Mia - Win

Mia 

Broncos - Loss

Jets - Win 

Bengals Win (for now) 

Chiefs - Loss

Pats - Loss

Raiders - Loss 

This is how I see it until proven otherwise. There's no reason to believe we can't hang with any team in the league right now, because we have. We fluked against the Titans, we were one knee being down from beating the Chiefs (after playing like *****) and we were one fluke play from beating the Cardinals even after letting them back in. We have some concerning areas, for sure, but so does every team. We've shown we can win when the chips are down. Time to let this gut check carry us forward into success down the stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Chargers - Win

Niners - Win

Steelers - Going with Loss for now

Broncos - Win

Patriots - Win 

11-4 going into Mia Game 

Mia 

Broncos - Win

Jets - Win (though could drop this one they never sweep Jets)

Bengals Win (for now) 

Chiefs - Loss

Pats - Loss

Raiders - Loss 

Mia 

9 - 6 going into Bills game. 

I even think they lose this weekend.  

40 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Miami's last Three games home vs Pats then back to back road games at vegas and then Buffalo is a pretty tough schedule 

Not to mention we can count on our buddy Greg Williams to blitz the ever-living sh*t out of tua regardless of if it actually helps the jets win or not lol pats and raiders back to back for them are going to be two real physical games