Bills are still under the radar

Dr. K

It's interesting that despite this win, the Bills still seem to be traveling under the radar of most NFL observers. Most reports of the Seahawks game focus more on Seattle's weak defense than on the Bills offense, on what the Hawks did wrong more than what the Bills did right. The losses to the Titans and Chiefs still outweigh anything the team has accomplished. The Dolphins and Tua seem to be getting all the buzz in the AFC East.

I think to some degree this is part of the continuing narrative that Josh Allen really is not that good, that the great games he has had are some sort of mirage, that the perceptions of him that were established when he was drafted and in his first season still are the fallback position whenever "experts" come to evaluate him and the team.

I think it's good to have the Bills under-appreciated at this point. It will sort itself out if the Bills beat Arizona, the Steelers, and other highly regarded teams. But I'm beginning to think that until he wins a championship Josh is only going to be one bad performance away from the rote reaction that he really is not a franchise QB. 

Edited by Dr. K

Based on all the sports talk this morning, Kyler Murray and Tua are going to be co mvps and duke it out again in the superbowl this year.

Its hilarious honestly. Can't wait to watch the Bills beat up on the Cardinals this Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

It's interesting that despite this win, the Bills still seem to be traveling under the radar of most NFL observers. Most reports of the Seahawks game focus more on Seattle's weak defense than on the Bills offense, on what the Hawks did wrong more than what the Bills did right. The losses to the Titans and Chiefs still outweigh anything the team has accomplished. The Dolphins and Tua seem to be getting all the buzz in the AFC East.

I think to some degree this is part of the continuing narrative that Josh Allen really is not that good, that the great games he has had are some sort of mirage, that the perceptions of him that were established when he was drafted and in his first season still are the fallback position whenever "experts" come to evaluate him and the team.

I think it's good to have the Bills under-appreciated at this point. It will sort itself out if the Bills beat Arizona, the Steelers, and other highly regarded teams. But I'm beginning to think that until he wins a championship Josh is only going to be one bad performance away from the rote reaction that he really is not a franchise QB. 

Chiefs and Titans were National games.  Bills-Seattle was only shown in NE (haha), BUF, SEA and AZ.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Based on all the sports talk this morning, Kyler Murray and Tua are going to be co mvps and duke it out again in the superbowl this year.

Its hilarious honestly. Can't wait to watch the Bills beat up on the Cardinals this Sunday. 

I want the Cardinals to be favored in this game. It makes a better story.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Say hello to Billsmafia. If they aren’t drunkenly being thrown through tables, they are hyperventilating into a paper bag over what the media thinks.

So how do you feel about Arizona opening -145/-2.5 and the next day sitting at -130/1.5? 

7 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

What world are you living in?  Did you not watch the Sunday Nite pregame show?  They spent close to 5 minutes talking about the Bills-Seahawks game, our offensive explosion against their defense, Josh Allen, and how well our defense defended Russell Wilson.  Josh Allen is very well thought of throughout the league.  If playing the underdog card gets you going, so be it.  Going into yesterday's game we were 3-15 against teams that eventually went to the playoffs in the McDermott era.  So any minimal buzz was well deserved.  But I think we are well respected around the league.  But until you start winning in the playoffs there is only so much street cred you will get.    

• Like (+1) 2

If anyone is under the radar... it’s the Steelers.  I see more talk about KC and TN ..and the Steelers are still undefeated.  But maybe I don’t know.. I’ve stopped watching all the pregame shows.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Ive felt this way for awhile and continue to wonder why Josh is held to  different standards. This was good commentary and Simms points out how many judge Josh and how ridiculous it is. 

If you just want to hear what he says about how Josh is viewed FF to 5:10 of video.

• Like (+1) 6

I don’t think it helps that we usually play and coach some ugly football when we play on nationally televised games, especially in prime time.

Most fans and several media members don’t watch a Bills game all year unless it’s prime time. Then when they watch us in prime time, we **** the bed and everyone laughs and says same ol bills.  “I thought Josh allen was good, he was nothing special, if not an average looking qb”.  The. They won’t watch them til the playoffs.  

I’ve only seen 2 highlight shows so far and most of the talk has been about Russ. We got a little love, but it’s almost as if we were given an automatic 400 yards and 4 tds because we were playing the all time terrible Seattle D.  

I wonder how things would’ve played out if the game was sunday night.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So how do you feel about Arizona opening -145/-2.5 and the next day sitting at -130/1.5? 

I’m pissed!!  My app hasn’t listed next weeks games yet.  I’m sure by the time they do, it’ll be a pick em

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Good.  Better motivation to continue to be disrespected.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think it helps that we usually play and coach some ugly football when we play on nationally televised games, especially in prime time.

Most fans and several media members don’t watch a Bills game all year unless it’s prime time. Then when they watch us in prime time, we **** the bed and everyone laughs and says same ol bills.  “I thought Josh allen was good, he was nothing special, if not an average looking qb”.  The. They won’t watch them til the playoffs.  

I’ve only seen 2 highlight shows so far and most of the talk has been about Russ. We got a little love, but it’s almost as if we were given an automatic 400 yards and 4 tds because we were playing the all time terrible Seattle D.  

I wonder how things would’ve played out if the game was sunday night.  

Prior to the McDermott era, I would completely agree with this between then and 2001. But last year, the Bills nailed the Cowboys to their barn and melted the Steelers to a crucial victory that put them in the playoffs on national television. So, in all honesty, that didn't apply last year and as for this year so far, both the Titans and Chiefs games were related to COVID issues. The Bills had to prepare for the two teams in the AFC Championship game from last year while not knowing which team they were going to play going into the weekend before the game. Just three days from game day they had to prepare for both teams and if we're being really honest, looking back at how the NFL handled the Titans postponement of their Steelers game, I truly think McD and company believed the Titans game would be played on another date making their focus the Chiefs. JMO

• Like (+1) 2